2020 F1 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm a new fan thanks to Netflix... but Albon pisses me off. Haha is there a favourite to take his seat next year? He's horrendous.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm a new fan thanks to Netflix... but Albon pisses me off. Haha is there a favourite to take his seat next year? He's horrendous.
I don't know who would be the favorite but with Albon continuing to be horrendous and Red Bull confirming they're looking outside their academy it's pretty much guaranteed to be between Perez and Hulkenberg. I explained my reasoning on the last page why I'd pick Hulk but if I had to guess I'd say they're gonna lean towards Perez. He's picked it up recently after a rather underwhelming start to the season.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
That VSC was majorly suspect. Ocon parked at 13 should have been local yellows, not VSC.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That VSC was majorly suspect. Ocon parked at 13 should have been local yellows, not VSC.
Eh, Hamilton would've gotten the lead regardless. Bottas' pace was horrific throughout the race with the damage he had.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Eh, Hamilton would've gotten the lead regardless. Bottas' pace was horrific throughout the race with the damage he had.

You're not wrong but the timing of it was still definitely suspect.

Started right when he needed to pit. Basically ended when he came out. Not long enough for anybody else to capitalize AND the cars had already passed Ocon's location at least once.

In the end who cares but if I was looking to create a conspiracy theory it would be pretty easy to do here.

But yes. I'm definitely #TeamHulk for the RBR seat but I think it'll be Perez. I don't have much love for Perez. Obviously I see the talent. I just don't love him as a driver. He'd be firmly in my neutral driver list.

Reactions: Khelandros

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

WE RaCE AS onE

tenor.gif

Reactions: Paris in Flames

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I want to see Lewis being actually challenged for the title before he retires. Get him to have a final past-versus-future battle in 2022 against Verstappen, Leclerc or whoever nails the rule changes. Anyway, I'm not seeing Lewis retire this year when he's all but guaranteed to win his 8th title and get to triple digits in terms of race wins. After next year, sure, but not yet. I just don't buy it. But I guess crazier things have happened.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Lewis leaving f1 doesn't change much, imo.

It just changes the dominant driver from him to Max.

It would be fun the first time since it's new but.... eventually....

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Max is already the dominant driver, but Hamilton's departure wouldn't automatically give him the dominant car even if that could very well happen.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I'm just assuming if there's an available Mercedes seat caused by a Lewis departure that they and Max would quickly find a way to end up with each other.

Though I suppose it's possible they wouldn't.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Not loving that asterisk on Brazil. :(

But hell yeah. TBC is an amazing track.

Vietnam gonna go down as only having hosted virtual GPs I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad