2020 F1 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That was an ethical breach from Salo, no doubt about it... But there was no apprehension whatsoever of bias in that situation, from what I remember.
But it was still a very, very bad look. Petrov's even worse.
Yeah, just pointing out that FIA's choices for driver stewards are weird to say the least.

In other news, Horner has said they'd look outside the Red Bull driver academy if Albon fails to secure that seat for 2021. About damn time.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
In an ideal world Hulkenberg goes to Red Bull. Perez to Haas because they need the money and a decent driver, to be partnered by either Mazepin because they want even more money, or one of the Ferrari academy guys. I really hope they don't go with Mazepin and an academy guy. This way Perez also doesn't go to Williams to take Russell's seat.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Max and Hulk are really good friends. I would think that of any of the outside hire possibilities, he'd have an inside edge.

And despite what Albon has done...that IS a podium worthy car so....maybe?!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... I wanted Petrov replaced as a steward to keep F1 in good repute (you've never seen any official explicitly attack an athlete he's about to judge, on politics no less!), but it's safe to say I didn't want this move to happen in the course of Petrov stepping down in the wake of his father's death.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Holy shit Sainz.

Verstappen has it in for the Racing Point cars I guess. Would maybe be a time penalty but first lap leniency etc.
He just thinks Ocon's still in a Force India, nothing to see here.

I guess they've now set she precedent for that incident by not penalising Leclerc or Verstappen.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
"Once Lewis selects his tyres, Bottas has to use the same type"

300px-Thomas_Had_Never_Seen_Such_Bullshit_Before.jpg

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

What are the latest rumors for Tsunoda? I'd like to see Albon and Gasly at AT but at this point does Albon even have the B team seat to lean on?

Last edited:

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

What are the latest rumors for Tsunoda? I'd like to see Albon and Gasly at AT but at this point does Albon even have the B team seat to lean on?

I think with Honda leaving, his chances have gone to slim to none of getting a Red Bull seat on either team.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I would bet money on Tsunoda still getting the Alpha Tauri seat. AT said they would announce Gasly's partner after the Bahrain GP....which is the weekend that the F2 season ends and they'll have confirmation on Tsunoda having the super license points or not.

Albon will likely end up a reserve/test driver at this point.

Unsurprising that Kimi sticks around. I think as long as he wants to drive he should have a drive. Gio is surprising but I guess .....uhh...he's Italian?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't quite get it. Even with Giovinazzi being Italian Mick has ten times the marketability he's got - especially in Italy.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I would bet money on Tsunoda still getting the Alpha Tauri seat. AT said they would announce Gasly's partner after the Bahrain GP....which is the weekend that the F2 season ends and they'll have confirmation on Tsunoda having the super license points or not.

Albon will likely end up a reserve/test driver at this point.

Unsurprising that Kimi sticks around. I think as long as he wants to drive he should have a drive. Gio is surprising but I guess .....uhh...he's Italian?
The thing with hobbies is that you never really retire from them.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
While I do think Perez has done more than Hulk to deserve that 2nd Red Bull seat I'd see Hulk as the more intriguing option if I'm Red Bull. Let's face it, whoever they choose is still going to be well behind Max and to me Hulk is the better option to play the second fiddle. I can definitely see Perez becoming quite a mess and quite possibly causing a PR nightmare at Red Bull, especially with the huge Mexican fanbase and backing he provides. Nico, not so much. Both of them definitely deserve to be in F1 though, hope Checo can get that Haas seat if Hulk is given a go at Red Bull.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
While I do think Perez has done more than Hulk to deserve that 2nd Red Bull seat I'd see Hulk as the more intriguing option if I'm Red Bull. Let's face it, whoever they choose is still going to be well behind Max and to me Hulk is the better option to play the second fiddle. I can definitely see Perez becoming quite a mess and quite possibly causing a PR nightmare at Red Bull, especially with the huge Mexican fanbase and backing he provides. Nico, not so much. Both of them definitely deserve to be in F1 though, hope Checo can get that Haas seat if Hulk is given a go at Red Bull.

That's how I've seen it as well. Perez may be faster but Hulkenberg is likely more suited to a wingman role while not being slow himself. His personal friendship with Max would (hopefully) be an added bonus.

Also - Williams have ended the Perez to Williams rumours and confirmed Russell/Latifi for next season.

So. With Mazepin and Schumacher unofficially pencilled in at Haas (two rookies in an unstable car seems like a terrible terrible idea) it looks like Hulkenberg/Perez/Albon are all fighting for that last Red Bull seat.

Here's a visual representation of all my word vomit above.

v7d0xqtac8w51.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG and JoVel

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
It seemed to happen all the time those couple of years when Ferrari were competitive at the start of a season and Hamilton would completely check out. He'd be nowhere in a race running like 4th then luck into a safety car and get a completely undeserved win.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's almost disgusting how lucky Hamilton is at times.

I'm not taking anything away from him but come on. Ocon (managed by Toto! Dun dun dunnnnn) pulls over and Hamilton goes from maybe being 3rd to having a full 10 second lead.

It's just unfair that somebody with his skill and his car has this much luck.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Russell chokes away points harder than Hulkenberg podiums.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Happy for Kyvat though. I still think he should have a seat in F1 next year (though I could say that about 3 drivers who probably won't have seats).

Albon just doing Albon things.

But more importantly does Cyril have to get a second tattoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille