Status
Not open for further replies.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
sqZfuet.jpg

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yeah I'm just assuming if there's an available Mercedes seat caused by a Lewis departure that they and Max would quickly find a way to end up with each other.

Though I suppose it's possible they wouldn't.

If I'm in charge of Mercedes, I don't want a imbecile like Verstappen on the team, especially as I don't need him to win WCC and WDC.

Mercedes sell cars. Image matters.

And, well, it's still to be seen what Verstappen can do on a team that isn't building its whole operation around him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khelandros

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If I'm in charge of Mercedes, I don't want a imbecile like Verstappen on the team, especially as I don't need him to win WCC and WDC.

Mercedes sell cars. Image matters.

And, well, it's still to be seen what Verstappen can do on a team that isn't building its whole operation around him.
Verstappen is an imbecile? What does that make Hamilton then.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The only logical thing to do after announcing the Saudi Arabian GP. Well at least they didn't do it the other way around.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Sky Sports commentary just said if George Russell doesn't score a point this weekend he will equal Max Chilton for number of starts without a point

Yikes
He's still got a while to beat Badoer's record of 50. Assuming Russell scores a point at some point of his career he still needs to go pointless for 10 races to break Nicola Larini's record of most race starts before first points.

Fun fact: Larini's first point after all those starts was a 2nd place in the 1994 San Marino GP as he replaced an injured Alesi. He also scored a point in his next race three years later with Sauber.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Lance Stroll was summoned to the stewards for apparently not slowing under the yellow flag on his pole lap.

He's been cleared of any wrong doing and there will be no penalty. Telemetry etc shows that he did let off the throttle enough to satisfy them.

Thank God. My fandom for Stroll aside. Would suck to see today taken away from anybody.

Lando Norris not so lucky. He was given a 5 place grid penalty.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's about time Stroll did something, he's been invisible since that crash in Mugello.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I mean he won that by half a minute. It's not a coincidence he's won like over 90 % of wet races since 2014. It should've been Max's race but he just didn't keep his head straight.

But man, so glad Vettel got that podium. Perez too.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Can't even remember when there would have been a worse driver in the best car than Bottas, probably not during my lifetime.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I mean he won that by half a minute. It's not a coincidence he's won like over 90 % of wet races since 2014. It should've been Max's race but he just didn't keep his head straight.

But man, so glad Vettel got that podium. Perez too.

It was an excellent drive, and he has shown over his career he is incredibly consistent. However this is the reason I take issue with the argument that he's the GOAT. Similarly to many of his wins he didn't really have to do anything special to pull this off, that would justify putting him in that discussion.

He drives in a car and an era where all that is required of him is simply to turn up and not be shit. He doesn't win these races, the other drivers lose them. I have sympathy for Verstappen because I think he does really have to fight that car, if he was in the Merc it might be a different story. Bottas has those spins because he's just... bad.

Reactions: Khelandros

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Can't even remember when there would have been a worse driver in the best car than Bottas, probably not during my lifetime.
Probably not worse but post 2010 Webber didn't challenge Vettel one bit, although you could argue McLaren being the best car in 2012. Webber had 3 wins in those 3 years. Vettel 29.

Although Massa in Silverstone 2008 was the last time I recall anyone having a worse race than Bottas today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->