2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
2nd round I would go probably with Pashin. I like Suni too but he might drop.

Mysak is a hell of a player. Top 15 for sure but je might go before askarov and holloway

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think that he proved he can compete against elite level talent....I think it would be a big risk thinking he is going to be available in the third or fourth round.
He should be available past the 2nd round... Early 2nd, at least 1 will drop, thats a deep draft, I would target a kid like Peterka or would try to package our 2 2nd to move up if needed...

Reactions: Garnet76

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Important caveat being that Romanov wasn’t a double overager

No, clearly.

Just making a point if you’re high on a player you take him, regardless of draft consensus boards.

Every year we see people talk about so and so “stealing” the draft because they had fallers and looked good VS the central scouting ranks but doesn’t necessarily mean the team had a good draft. Perfect example would be our 2012 draft.

Reactions: phillytennis

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Do you guys still think Byfield is a lock at 2? Also when was the last time the top 2 picks weren't set to stone?

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
Do you guys still think Byfield is a lock at 2? Also when was the last time the top 2 picks weren't set to stone?
In my opinion, he is not. However, what he offers will be very hard to pass over. I believe Stützle has a good claim for the 2nd slot, and Drysdale closed the gap with the 3rd, personally.

Reactions: phillytennis

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I never had him ranked there, he was 6-7th in my now rankings, I think that's where he belong right now. Thing is, he is young so I'm expecting a strong 2nd half of the season. Will see if he progress or not. Raymond has been sick this fall, he was 2nd on most lists, I believe he still is.

If Byfield is picked 2nd, it will be by a "gambling" team based on his perceived upside given his age and physical tools - I doubt any now ranking justify it during the season.
Byfield has been 2nd for more than a year now and will remain there. This is just another Jack Hughes take.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Byfield has been 2nd for more than a year now and will remain there. This is just another Jack Hughes take.

Man would he be great to draft. One of the youngest players at this year's draft. Turns 18 in August. Center and at his age, he's already a beast at 6'4" and over 200lbs.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Byfield, stutzle, raymond, drysdale

in this order
I think draft order will be important, ie, if NJ is picking 2nd they’ll take Drysdale and if Ottawa is drafting 2nd they would pick Byfield.

I’ll go Byfield, Drysdale, Raymond and Stutzle. If I was picking for Montreal I’d be tempted to take Raymond, I think he’ll be the best fit.

Reactions: Geecko

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think draft order will be important, ie, if NJ is picking 2nd they’ll take Drysdale and if Ottawa is drafting 2nd they would pick Byfield.

I’ll go Byfield, Drysdale, Raymond and Stutzle. If I was picking for Montreal I’d be tempted to take Raymond, I think he’ll be the best fit.
Lafreniere and Byfield are locks at one and two, end of discussion.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
And thats motivated by a lot of league viewings, right ?

It's based on what I have seen from each of the players....I judged their
speed, vision on the ice, intensity, puck handling ability, defensive side of the game, shot.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's based on what I have seen from each of the players....I judged their
speed, vision on the ice, intensity, puck handling ability, defensive side of the game, shot.
In the WJC. *******

And thats been the problem with you voicing an opinion like that, you have watched a week of his career, don't you think you might be missing something, somewhere ?

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
In the WJC. *******

And thats been the problem with you voicing an opinion like that, you have watched a week of his career, don't you think you might be missing something, somewhere ?

If you go with the minutes you cover junior players....Timmins and most of the scouts blow you out of the water
for the number of games they cover...and the wide range of players they examine...still, they often don't get it right.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you go with the minutes you cover junior players....Timmins and most of the scouts blow you out of the water
for the number of games they cover...and the wide range of players they examine...still, they often don't get it right.
Yes, exactly, so imagine how inaccurate seven days in a foreign country is.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Yes - and do I look wrong now?

Byfield has not been 2nd for over a year. Raymond has been the consensus 2nd (at least since the U-18), get your bloody facts right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille