2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd take a flyer on Gogolev, with all those late picks, they should aim for the fences on some picks instead of boring guys like Leguerrier.

with the way Timmins has picked teammates over the years, I could see it. We know they were looking for blueliners last year but we seem pretty good there and thin at forward so I could see them looking at more forwards this year.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I got this on the first click. I won't click it again until after the lottery, to please the hockey gods.

Draft Lottery.png

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Man Ottawa actually made a good move... And they're terrific at drafting so having two potential top 5 picks... Yikes

I dont know why more efforts arent deployed at stealing their whole scouting and development teams. Have you seen the production their prospects are getting in the AHL ? It seems every year, they churn out good NHLers.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Watching the Cataractes, I like Mavrik Bourque and Ponomarev alot late first early 2nd... Xavier Bourgault is the one that catched my eyes the most for the good reasons, kid is producing near at PPG pace and will be draft eligible only in 2021, definiely a kid to keep an eye on...

Edit: If I had to guess, Bourque should be selected 15-20th overall while Ponomarev should slid somewhere in the second round because of his defensive zone work....

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I don't doubt that Askarov has star goalie potential, but he's not the guy I am looking at in the 1st, because you can find starting goalies elsewhere, both in the draft and via FA markets. Here's the list of goalies drafted since 2004 who justified their 1st round selections:

- Price
- Rask
- Varlamov
- Vasilevskiy
- Samsonov - TBD, looks good though

Here are the top 20 goalies by SV%'s in the league this year:

- Jarry, 2nd round
- Khudobin, 7th round
- Kuemper, 6th round
- Halak, 9th round
- Francouz, undrafted
- Bishop, 3rd round
- Lehner, 2nd round
- Raanta, undrafted
- Varlamov, 1st round
- Greiss, 3rd round
- Hellebuyck, 5th round
- Markstrom, 2nd round
- Samsonov, 1st round
- Binnington, 3rd round
- Andersen, 3rd round
- Reimer, 4th round
- Korpisalo, 3rd round
- Talbot, undrafted
- Raanta, undrafted

Compare that to the league's current top ~20 scorers (last 3 are tied):

- McDavid, 1st round
- Draisaitl, 1st round
- Mackinnon, 1st round
- Pastrnak, 1st round
- Marchand, 3rd round
- Huberdeau, 1st round
- Panarin, undrafted
- Eichel, 1st round
- Kane, 1st round
- Matthews, 1st round
- Carlson, 1st round
- Scheifele, 1st round
- Barkov, 1st round
- Pacioretty, 1st round
- Josi, 2nd round
- Kucherov, 2nd round
- Perron, 1st round
- Guentzel, 3rd round
- Stone, 6th round
- Teravainen, 1st round
- Connor, 1st round

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Who would you rather have, Byfield or Raymond? Let’s say we finish bottom 5 and don’t get Laf, who is your pick? Holm seems like a good choice also

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Byfield, stutzle, raymond, drysdale

in this order
Same as mine, i'll continue and say after drysdale for me would be lundell, holtz, rossi, holloway if finish at 8th or better we are getting a very good prospect no matter what

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
I would use one of our second round picks and draft Sokolov....plays in Cape Breton.... great in the cycle game along the boards...good hands...he has needed size....he went undrafted last June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad