2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Whats your top 10 atm ?

Honestly I wouldn't be able to list the ten best prospect up to the standard I like to keep.

Something like Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Drysdale, Lundell, Rossi, Perfetti, Holloway or something like that... Note that I haven't scouted many of the 15-30 (Or 100+ in Dorofeyevs case) range that I usually like to overrank and look like a fool///genius depending on the hour of the day.

Note that this wouldn't be a list that Id hope for the Habs, to me the list for the Habs is something like
Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle
Raymond
Holtz
Drysdale
Lundell
Holloway

Reactions: phillytennis

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Lafreniere is amazing, can’t wait to see him in the NHL

Well we may be seeing him a lot, with the current odds there would be a 47.5% chance he ends up in our division:

Detroit (18.5%)
Ottawa via San Jose (11.5%)
Ottawa (7.5%)
Buffalo (6.5%)
Montreal (3.5%)

Yikes. San Jose better start winning.

Reactions: covfefe

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Holtz is probably going to drop ala Caufield, not a bad player, just better options...

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Honestly I wouldn't be able to list the ten best prospect up to the standard I like to keep.

Something like Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Drysdale, Lundell, Rossi, Perfetti, Holloway or something like that... Note that I haven't scouted many of the 15-30 (Or 100+ in Dorofeyevs case) range that I usually like to overrank and look like a fool///genius depending on the hour of the day.

Note that this wouldn't be a list that Id hope for the Habs, to me the list for the Habs is something like
Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle
Raymond
Holtz
Drysdale
Lundell
Holloway

As a Brooklyn nine nine fan, I appreciate your order. Lol

That is all. :)

Reactions: Nick Slafkofield

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Right now we are in the new Holtz, Perfetti, Askarov, Drysdale, Rossi, Holloway, Lundell range.

I think the top four is Laf Byfield Raymond Stutzle. So it would take a lottery win to be able to select one of them.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Right now we are in the new Holtz, Perfetti, Askarov, Drysdale, Rossi, Holloway, Lundell range.

I think the top four is Laf Byfield Raymond Stutzle. So it would take a lottery win to be able to select one of them.
Big RHD always get drafted earlier then expected. I will be surprised if Drysdale is there for the #5th OA pick. After the combine we’ll see how things look but that seems like a safe bet to me.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I don't see too many better options than him tbh .. talent pool isn't very deep at the top.
If anyone of Lundell, holloway, Drysdale is there when we pick, I pick them over Holtz personally... That being said, Holtz remains a tremendous sniper, he has potential and wouldnt be a bad pick at 8-10 OV...

Reactions: phillytennis

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If anyone of Lundell, holloway, Drysdale is there when we pick, I pick them over Holtz personally... That being said, Holtz remains a tremendous sniper, he has potential and wouldnt be a bad pick at 8-10 OV...

I likely take him over Holloway but the other two I'd take over him as well.

Reactions: Plekatorz

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Guelph's Pavel Gogolev is absolutely tearing it up. He and Hillis are actually tearing it up. Gogolev has 61 pts in 35 GP after his 4-point performance tonight.

Looking at Elite Prospects, he is not ranked for this year's draft. But I doubt he will go undrafted this year like he did last year. It would be great if Habs used a pick on him.

Reactions: Plekatorz

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
If we pick somewhere in the top 10 i hope one of holts, drysdale, lundell or Holloway fall to us. Wish we had another mid 1st rounder:(

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Got to see Yan Kuznetsov for the 1st time, he's the youngest player in the NCAA. Tall RD but looks lanky. It was hard to get a read on him as his team was getting beat up and he wasn't too impressive in the defensive end but is having a big season in the offensive zone. I thought he didn't move his feet enough and his skating didn't look great but I would think he's a top 90 pick this summer.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I could live with this (2nd sim)

upload_2020-1-3_23-43-7.png

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Guelph's Pavel Gogolev is absolutely tearing it up. He and Hillis are actually tearing it up. Gogolev has 61 pts in 35 GP after his 4-point performance tonight.

Looking at Elite Prospects, he is not ranked for this year's draft. But I doubt he will go undrafted this year like he did last year. It would be great if Habs used a pick on him.

Criminal he's gone undrafted to this point. Dude put up 30 goals on a shitty Peterborough team his first year of eligibility.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not sure where you heard this, I do not think so at all. Imo the 2nd round starts 18th pick.

It's more that the 2nd round goes until pick 55th about.

I could change my mind, but this looks like an average draft to me.
Kind of reminds me of '13 draft. Multiply stars early but drops off significantly around 10-12th.

Reactions: SOLR

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Suzuki was at low point in the fans expectation last year at the same time while he was barely visible at the WJC. What were the expectations for Brayden Point in his last year in juniors? The reality is that it is very early to put a tag on Hillis, but he is doing right now on post Memorial Cup finalist in Guelph is very promising. He need to stay healthy. Also, the Habs will know Pavel Gogolev very well after this year. Could be worth one of our fourth round pick.
I'd take a flyer on Gogolev, with all those late picks, they should aim for the fences on some picks instead of boring guys like Leguerrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad