2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
well if we continue to struggle this season and he misses a lot of time it could work out well for us. The new Swedish scout we hired seems like he may have found us a solid pick in Norlinder and I'm sure he would be all for Hotz if he did drop to our range. But with possible no Holtz or Lundell at the WJC's it should be interesting to see where they end up ranked at and where we end up picking.
I subscribed again to Prospectshifts a couple of days ago and Im starting to get a look at those 2020 kids, Ive watched most of the top prospects so far, especially Holtz and he hasnt impressed me at all... I recall watching this kid 2 yrs ago at the U18 thinking he would become an elite player (mainly because of his sick wrister), but the progression isnt there, at least not as I was expecting... Aside of his wrister, he has no skill standing out, skating is good, not great, vision, playmaking and overall awanesses left to be desired, his game away from the puck needs alot of work as well as his defensive awarenesses... Overall, not a fan of his game, lacks dynamism and smarts, he isnt an option for me anymore...

Guy Im the most impressed with aside from the top 2 is Lundell, extremmely smart 2-way center with good size, good speed, high compete and high skills... Kid has been growing since the last WJC and its showing, is now listed at 6"1 185, not sure at this point who between Lundell and KK will amount to the best center, my guess is Lundell because he has a bit more jump to his game, but its pretty close IMO, they have alot of similarities in their game...

Then you have Holloway, who Im a huge fan, plays a power game on 200 ft., very underrated skills and offensive awarenesses, very high compete, smart player as well, possibly the most NHL ready kid after Lafreniere... He is smart and good enough on 200 ft to play center, but I see him more as a winger where his power will be fully exploited... This kid will become one of the best PF in the league...

Then you have Stutzle who really intrigues me, further watching required...

I would pick Drysdale over both Swedes as well, not a huge fan of Raymond even if he does alot of good things and has great speed, I dont feel like he has top end skills...

Well, thats about it for now...

Can you Imagine guys a center depth made of Lundell KK Poehling and Olofsson? :eek:

Last edited:

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Thank you for that post. I’ll have to watch Holloway more. With Caufield in his team I would not be surprise if we pick him. His way of playing suits us too.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Thank you for that post. I’ll have to watch Holloway more. With Caufield in his team I would not be surprise if we pick him. His way of playing suits us too.

About Stutzle, only watched 1 game so far, but no doubt that he is skilled...

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
It really, truly is. Toronto has multiple skills development coaches on the ice with their players every practice.

...that better not work. Because it is so ****ing obvious that I'm going to be mad that they had to think of it first.

I just don't trust Montreal to help him develop like that. Only one who's vastly improved their skating from the time of drafting is Gallagher and his mother is a personal trainer.

Would prefer skating to be an asset already because of the limitations of this organization.

no argument against either of your posts, I too would like to draft a guy who can fly, as that is simply the direction the game is trending towards. I doubt we fall hard enough to pick up Perfetti anyway

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
With Caufield, Ylonen, Holtz, Gallagher and al. It would be interesting at RW in the future. A little bit redundant, but you can’t say no to that kind of scoring ability.
I disagree a big skiller right winger would definately bring something we are missing. I mean Caufield/Gallagher/Ylonen while great players are not physical powerhouse.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We dont need to add another 5'4 player

He's stocky, like Steve "stumpy" Thomas and Saku Koivu. Like them, I don't see it being an issue. Kid has exceptional skating and is an offensive stud.

I agree we're getting too small, so you get rid of smurfs like Byron, Weal, etc.

We need high end skill and Rossi has it.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Loving Mysak alot, absolute great skater, I would say his speed is on par with Raymond, but he is 2 inches taller... High skills as well, high compete and good IQ, probably a matter of time before he starts producing in the extraliga... Mysak over Holtz and Raymond for me right now...

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Lets pretend we land 3rd overall and laff and byfield are both gone, who do we take/who is BPA ? Stutzle seems to be rising and raymond falling ?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lets pretend we land 3rd overall and laff and byfield are both gone, who do we take/who is BPA ? Stutzle seems to be rising and raymond falling ?
For me right now, you have 4 players in the race... Lundell, Holloway, Stutzle and Mysak... Its all about what you are looking for... Lundell is that smart skilled 200 ft center with good size and speed... Holloway is that PF in the making with top line skills and awarenesses... Stutzle and Mysak, very high skills and speedy scoring wingers...

Then you have Perfetti, Drysdale Raymond Holtz who are no slouch either, but Im more of a fan of the other 4... Perfetti has possibly the best offensive awarenesses in the whole draft not named Lafreniere, but @NotProkofievian was right about his skating, thats really bad compared to the top prospects in the drafts, I still think he will be fine going foward, but thats a weakness that cant be ignored... Drysdale, I like, but Im not a huge fan of drafting undersized defensemen in the top 10 unless they are elite level, but Im not sure he is going to be another Makar at this point... Raymond is an outstanding skater and he does alot of good things on the ice, I wouldnt be mad at the pick, but Im higher on Stutzle and Mysak personally... Holtz has an amazing wrister but thats about it, still looking at him to show more attributes than that... Rossi not an option for me...

Reactions: atrud66

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
For me right now, you have 4 players in the race... Lundell, Holloway, Stutzle and Mysak... Its all about what you are looking for... Lundell is that smart skilled 200 ft center with good size and speed... Holloway is that PF in the making with top line skills and awarenesses... Stutzle and Mysak, very high skills and speedy scoring wingers...

Then you have Perfetti, Drysdale Raymond Holtz who are no slouch either, but Im more of a fan of the other 4... Perfetti has possibly the best offensive awarenesses in the whole draft not named Lafreniere, but @NotProkofievian was right about his skating, thats really bad compared to the top prospects in the drafts, I still think he will be fine going foward, but thats a weakness that cant be ignored... Drysdale, I like, but Im not a huge fan of drafting undersized defensemen in the top 10 unless they are elite level, but Im not sure he is going to be another Makar at this point... Raymond is an outstanding skater and he does alot of good things on the ice, I wouldnt be mad at the pick, but Im higher on Stutzle and Mysak personally... Holtz has an amazing wrister but thats about it, still looking at him to show more attributes than that... Rossi not an option for me...
I've been real high on stutzle for awhile

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm usually 100% with team BPA on these arguments but even I have to admit size AND skill would be kinda nice at the top. For whatever reason we seem to have a hard time putting those two things together, it's mostly one or the other.

yeah I want size if possible. If it's a can't miss then sure but otherwise I still think size matters to an extent.

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
yeah I want size if possible. If it's a can't miss then sure but otherwise I still think size matters to an extent.

man, taking what you wrote without context is special hehehe...ok sorry. But skill first for me. There is not a lot of big players in the first round. Maybe in the later round

Reactions: atrud66

smarties 1

Mar 4, 2014
Trade up !

If NewJersey get the first or second overall can Canfield + top ten pick make them think about it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad