2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The current unofficial tanking will have the Habs inch closer to the bottom feeder Detroit Red Wings. The end result will have these two dregs vying to draft either Quebecois Lafreniere or defenseman Byfield (Canadiens' more pressing need) at the 2020 Entry Draft inside the Centre Bell.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
The current unofficial tanking will have the Habs inch closer to the bottom feeder Detroit Red Wings. The end result will have these two dregs vying to draft either Quebecois Lafreniere or defenseman Byfield (Canadiens' more pressing need) at the 2020 Entry Draft inside the Centre Bell.

That d-man Byfield is the second coming of Bobby Orr, if he ever decides to switch position from center to D.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
What’s the story with the D man on Lafrienere’s team yesterday on Sportsnet? Bellevue or something like that, is he going to be next year draft eligible?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Which forwards in this draft do you project to be more dynamic than Caufield?

I haven't been following this draft too closely to give you a definitive answer but Caufield is a true sniper, which we've needed for a long time. This is not under-selling him.

I'm talking about a true dynamic talent who controls the game with the puck on their stick.. a Kucherov, Pastrnak, McDavid, level talent. Someone that Caufield is going to feed off of.

Reactions: Vachon23

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Rossi seems pretty good but I think people here will have a heart attack if we draft another small guy

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If we get into the top 5, I personally like Holtz. His shooting skills are unbelievable. He's got good size and can pass the puck when necessary. His shooting skills are elite and he isn't a perimeter player.

If we're 6-10, then Stutzle or Lundell in that order.

10-15: Lundell, Poirier, Holloway or Zary.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If we get into the top 5, I personally like Holtz. His shooting skills are unbelievable. He's got good size and can pass the puck when necessary. His shooting skills are elite and he isn't a perimeter player.

If we're 6-10, then Stutzle or Lundell in that order.

10-15: Lundell, Poirier, Holloway or Zary.
Always loved Holtz, his wrister is unreal, kinda Stamkos good...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I haven't been following this draft too closely to give you a definitive answer but Caufield is a true sniper, which we've needed for a long time. This is not under-selling him.

I'm talking about a true dynamic talent who controls the game with the puck on their stick.. a Kucherov, Pastrnak, McDavid, level talent. Someone that Caufield is going to feed off of.
Guess it comes down to how you define dynamic. Tough to find those guys you describe.

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Just curious, would you pick Stutzle over Perfetti? If so, why?
I would take stutzle over perfetti yes. I just like his sets of skills, speed and gamebreaker potential. He processes everything at high speed. He can drive the play and, even if he does not use it as much as I want, his shot is really good. I think that he would fit best with us because he is an elite playmaker. And because he has a wow factor that is tempting. He is sign for another 2 years so the temptation to rush him is not there hehe so that is a plus for him.

Perfetti is a finisher. I really like that he is a gamer. Even for his shape, it is not easy to take him off the puck. There a little bit of gallagher in him and I like that. He would fit a lot with us due to his two way abilities and because he is a team player. I would like him to be faster tough

the two of them would be a benediction but I just like the dynamism of Stutzle and the fact that we don’t have that kind of player in our system.
It would be easier for me to explain it in french as I have a facebook page with profile for the two players, but I think you understand what I wanted to explain.

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I would take stutzle over perfetti yes. I just like his sets of skills, speed and gamebreaker potential. He processes everything at high speed. He can drive the play and, even if he does not use it as much as I want, his shot is really good. I think that he would fit best with us because he is an elite playmaker. And because he has a wow factor that is tempting. He is sign for another 2 years so the temptation to rush him is not there hehe so that is a plus for him.

Perfetti is a finisher. I really like that he is a gamer. Even for his shape, it is not easy to take him off the puck. There a little bit of gallagher in him and I like that. He would fit a lot with us due to his two way abilities and because he is a team player. I would like him to be faster tough

the two of them would be a benediction but I just like the dynamism of Stutzle and the fact that we don’t have that kind of player in our system.
It would be easier for me to explain it in french as I have a facebook page with profile for the two players, but I think you understand what I wanted to explain.
Your english is pretty good, better than mine and you explained your reasoning pretty well, feel free to send me a link of your facebook page in private if you wish...

Reactions: Plekatorz

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think if there's anyone in top 5 who can develop into a Stamkos, Pasternak, Kessel type shooter it's Holtz.
Agree with this, thats why I had Holtz over Raymond for a while personally... Habs need goalscoring more than playmaking IMO, Caufield is great, but thats not enough for me, Holtz would bring that elite shooting option we desperately lacked for decades...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad