2020 Draft

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If the Jackets lose on Sunday they have:

62.5% chance of drafting 13th
25% chance of drafting 14th
12.5% chance of drafting 1st

That's a good range this year, a good chance to get a very good player. I've got my eye on Jarvis and Mercer. That's also a great range to pick up a faller. Caufield last year and Barzal in 2015 both were there at #13 after being projected top ten.

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
Hopefully we end up with 1 or 13, because 14 means the pens won the lotto.

i feel confident we end up with one of Quinn, Jarvis, Mercer or Mysak.

i would not be that totally surprised to see Askarov.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

It would also be 14th if Oilers win the lotto.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
How does Lafreniere compare to the highly touted number one guys the last 10 years or so?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How does Lafreniere compare to the highly touted number one guys the last 10 years or so?

This comes up in the draft watchers' threads and they consistently say he's one tier below Matthews.

This is roughly the player's perceived value in their draft year:

McJesus

Matthews = Mackinnon

Lafreniere

Hall = Dahlin

Ekblad = RNH = Yakupov = Hughes

Hischier

Depending on who you ask, Lafreniere might be put on the same level as Dahlin or Hall, but rarely is he put on par with Matthews and Mackinnon. Some of this valuation might be anachronistic, I'm not sure. It's just what people say.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
oh yeah because that's so much better :scared:

I don’t want Edmonton, but it’d almost be funny. Pittsburgh would suck: 1) I hate them. 2) Even if I didn’t hate them, they’re a divisional opponent. I have basically no feelings at all toward NYI or Carolina, but I definitely wouldn’t want either of them getting it, either.

My preferential order:

1) Minnesota
2) Winnipeg
3) Nashville
4) Florida
5) Edmonton
6) NYR
7) Toronto
8) Pittsburgh

You could prob flip NYR/Toronto I guess, but it’d annoy me if “our” spot won it.

Obviously, put us at 1 if we lose tonight and move 1-6 down a slot.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Askarov in the 1st round would be nothing short of terrible asset management in my opinion. I'm not a Quinn fan either but have been on board with Mysak and would love it if Lundell dropped to CBJ. I'm not opposed to taking Sanderson either. Could use an influx of D prospects and use the depth to trade for help up front.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Askarov in the 1st round would be nothing short of terrible asset management in my opinion. I'm not a Quinn fan either but have been on board with Mysak and would love it if Lundell dropped to CBJ. I'm not opposed to taking Sanderson either. Could use an influx of D prospects and use the depth to trade for help up front.

I don't think we need to worry about Askarov. Jarmo has to feel confident he can find good goalies without using top picks.

Quinn might actually be pretty good value for #13. Quinn has such a great goal scoring repertoire, a lot of creativity, whereas Mysak is currently a one dimensional speedy checking winger. Quinn is obviously much better right now though Mysak is almost a year younger, and Jarmo likes his prospects raw.

Lundell is the biggest question mark. He seems to have a low floor though because he's been so good against men. Could be Wennberg at the low end or Mikko Koivu at the high end.

I've come around to thinking Sanderson is a cut above all of these guys. He'll almost certainly be picked in the top 10, possibly ahead of Drysdale, but if by chance he makes it to #13 he'll be our pick undoubtedly.

I'm going to assume Sanderson is gone, and some set of the top wingers will be there. I happen to be very high on Mercer and Jarvis, for me they are right there with Quinn and Lundell, and a bit ahead of Holtz even.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
HELLO!!!
giphy.gif

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
Think we are now looking at Connor Zary, Jacob Perreault, Zion Nybeck (66 P in 42 G in Superelit) Jeremie Poirier

i would probably take Perreault out of that group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad