2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Look, if the Rangers were blessed with another lottery win, got first and took Laf, I'm not gonna complain.

We really need a solid center over high potential winger.

Would FLA trade Barkov for the 1st overall pick? Would you?

Barkov and Kakko would be a nice combo for years.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I feel like this is going to be one of those things where Lafreniere has been so far ahead for so long that there really isn’t anything he can do to keep the perceived gap as big as it has been, so people are going to think Byfield or whoever closing the gap is skyrocketing closer toward him (think Svechnikov and Zadina in their draft year and how by the end of the year people convinced themselves Zadina was better)
You are probably not at all far from the truth.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I just simulated the lottery on Tankathon and it ended up Hawks 1, Devils 2 and Rangers 3. Imagine the outrage if that happened.

Byfield on the Debs would kill me.

We really need a solid center over high potential winger.

Would FLA trade Barkov for the 1st overall pick? Would you?

Barkov and Kakko would be a nice combo for years.

Between Barkov and Laf, we may wanna go with Laf. Him being an offensive wizard and all.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Way too early to tell on some of these guys, but it's obvious that the top 5 of this draft is incredible; Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, and Askarov.

Don't look now, but Dawson Mercer is climbing already....

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I feel like this is going to be one of those things where Lafreniere has been so far ahead for so long that there really isn’t anything he can do to keep the perceived gap as big as it has been, so people are going to think Byfield or whoever closing the gap is skyrocketing closer toward him (think Svechnikov and Zadina in their draft year and how by the end of the year people convinced themselves Zadina was better)

Byfield is a hell of a player and my personal favorite in this draft. But Lafreniere is the top guy and hasn’t done anything to lose that position thus far.

Now if Byfield keeps doing what he’s doing, and finishes with 60 goals and 130 points, I think conventional wisdom goes out the window. But I can see another Kakko-Hughes like scenario where the team picking second has the easiest job in the first round.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
If Chytil does grab the 2C role wouldn't we be better off hoping for Raymond or Lafreniere instead.

We could then have sometime 2-3 years from now

Panarin-Zibby-Kakko
Raymond/Lafreniere-Chytil-Kravstov
Lemeuix-Henriksson-Buchnevich
Andersson-Barron-Fast

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Deangelo
Lundkvist

Shestyerkin
Georgiev

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Some experts have said that he's a winger in the NHL.

Put me down in the group that likes him better as a potential wing at this point.

I think his style of play will be better utilized on the wings at the higher levels as a result of a combination of smaller size, less defensive responsibilities and the maximizing his shot.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
If Chytil does grab the 2C role wouldn't we be better off hoping for Raymond or Lafreniere instead.

We could then have sometime 2-3 years from now

Panarin-Zibby-Kakko
Raymond/Lafreniere-Chytil-Kravstov
Lemeuix-Henriksson-Buchnevich
Andersson-Barron-Fast

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Deangelo
Lundkvist

Shestyerkin
Georgiev

This true and I thought the same thing. But I never count on getting the 1OV. If it happens great. More realistic for me would be 2-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad