2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Alex Tuch's brother Luke Tuch is able to be drafted this year.

Rangers love bloodlines, Morgan Barron's brother Justin Barron also able to be drafted this year.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Not 2020 draft related but strange that there is now another jack Hughes centering the top line for the us ntdp

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

E: they put Holloway out on the power play and he had a really nice cross ice pass that the other Wisconsin player couldn’t bury, then he was a step offside to stop what would’ve been a breakaway

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey Bones

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Pronnman dropped his 2020 list today. The usual suspects complaining that he knows nothing on twitter (lol)

Lafraniere is the only special prospect, with Byfield being labeled as the special/elite bubble category. Holtz and Raymond in the elite catergory.

I did find it a little odd he says this class is average though, for a while we've heard it was one of the best in a long time

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Gotta admit, after the first two games this season I was like maybe not, but after the last two games I see we are right back on track to where we need to be - BY.FIELD.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, without another visit from the lottery luck fairy I expect this team to be in that 6-10 range again. Not the worst thing in the world though considering this draft has good depth at the top end again.
The future 2C could very well come from this draft.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The future 2C could very well come from this draft.

I think unless someone in this class really elevates their stock, or the Rangers land Byfield, it's likely that the team will need to address the 2C role in another way. It's obviously hard for a kid to step in and play in the NHL in their D+1 season, and that's only made harder if you're asked to be a center on a scoring line. I'd be a little surprised if we found out the Rangers are content to see how the 2020 draft plays out in their attempt to find that center. If Chytil, Andersson, or Howden can't step up and take it, then we might see a trade get made.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think unless someone in this class really elevates their stock, or the Rangers land Byfield, it's likely that the team will need to address the 2C role in another way. It's obviously hard for a kid to step in and play in the NHL in their D+1 season, and that's only made harder if you're asked to be a center on a scoring line. I'd be a little surprised if we found out the Rangers are content to see how the 2020 draft plays out in their attempt to find that center. If Chytil, Andersson, or Howden can't step up and take it, then we might see a trade get made.
Sure, that is a possibility. I was thinking more long term. I agree that expecting your 2020 second line center to come from the 2020 draft is a tad optimistic.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Sure, that is a possibility. I was thinking more long term. I agree that expecting your 2020 second line center to come from the 2020 draft is a tad optimistic.

Yeah long term definitely seems more viable. Maybe the Rangers find a stop-gap or maybe they land a young guy with some term. Either way I don't think they'll want to go into the 20-21 season with a giant question mark in the middle of that 2nd line.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Unfortunately, I can see the same. Luckily, though, the Rangers team and management aren't in the playoff mindset, yet. Surely, they would absolutely love to make the playoffs (and very well can), but they shouldn't rush things this season. They're going to be in cap hell next year and it's the 1st Rangers season for most of these guys (Kakko, Fox, Hajek, Andersson, Panarin, Trouba, etc.). This is a season for growing pains, but a little more experimenting than last year with plans to find a core group. After this season, the 2C should be looked at via trade (or Free Agency if the cap helps). In the mean time, let's see what these kids can do. It's only the 4th game coming up on 5th.

Reactions: Trxjw

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I keep hearing that this draft is pretty deep. So far, how is the level break down in talent?

1>>2>>>>3-6>7-11>>>>12+

Lafreniere is the clear cut number 1. I hear that Byfield is clear cut number two but not as good as Lafreniere.

Where in the draft do you see a drop off in talent? After 6th pick????

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I keep hearing that this draft is pretty deep. So far, how is the level break down in talent?

1>>2>>>>3-6>7-11>>>>12+

Lafreniere is the clear cut number 1. I hear that Byfield is clear cut number two but not as good as Lafreniere.

Where in the draft do you see a drop off in talent? After 6th pick????
Big drop off after Byfield goes off the board at 2. Does not mean that the talent level is not deep, but sort of the way that there was a drop off after Hughes/Kakko this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->