2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Big drop off after Byfield goes off the board at 2. Does not mean that the talent level is not deep, but sort of the way that there was a drop off after Hughes/Kakko this year.

Are Holtz and Raymond really that much of a drop off after Byfield?

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Lafreniere looks like Crosby with his elusiveness. Would prefer him over Byfield.

well, yeah, but i think most of us here are resigned to the fact that getting the #1OA is unlikely, and two, it would be real nice to get a Center that we very much need, while sitting in the #2/#3 spot.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Agreed. My only point was that they numbers are a bit skewed.
Yes, there's no denying that part. However, past a certain point, I don't think it matters much. I've seen a bit of him so far, and he's just miles better than all of his peers, and I think we'd see the same, if not similar results, if he were in the OHL and WHL.

This isn't a player that's been boosted to ~1ppg by being in a high-scoring league. He's almost at 3 ppg.

Reactions: Joey Bones

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
As amazing as Lafreniere is, I would take Byfield even if I had #1 overall.
A)He's younger
B)He plays in a tougher league
C)He plays a more important position

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I tend to agree. But the gap is something that can be narrowed. At the end, at least as of right now, I think that most GMs take Lafreniere without any hesitation.
I feel like this is going to be one of those things where Lafreniere has been so far ahead for so long that there really isn’t anything he can do to keep the perceived gap as big as it has been, so people are going to think Byfield or whoever closing the gap is skyrocketing closer toward him (think Svechnikov and Zadina in their draft year and how by the end of the year people convinced themselves Zadina was better)

Reactions: Trxjw and Edge

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so just like last year...its viewed as a 2 man draft with 1 guy the clear cut #1 but we won't the other guy.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
As amazing as Lafreniere is, I would take Byfield even if I had #1 overall.
A)He's younger
B)He plays in a tougher league
C)He plays a more important position

Idk, Lafreniere is making a case to beat Crosby's record early. I think at No. 1, he's the pick....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad