2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If the Rangers aren't in the top 3, they should look at options to trade down but stay in the top 10. Target Lundell, plus also receive picks/players. Someone out there might be willing to over pay for the right to draft Askarov.

Someone will go after Askarov early, I don’t think there’s anyone denying that. The kid is going to be a wall for a team for decades (hopefully injury free).

With that said, center is a huge need for NYR. I feel if they pick at say No. 7 and either Stutzle or Perfetti are available, you shoot the shot. Otherwise, trading back & grabbing Holloway and another in the later 1st/early 2nd could help in any capacity.

I wouldn’t mind trading back at all, actually. Too early to tell, though. Most of these guys are going through the motions of the season yet. It’s until after the WJC when things get interesting.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nice move, but it's the DEL. My grandmother could deke-out the DEL.

I understand that you are ranting a bit, but the DEL is a good hockey league. And not to be underrated, the atmosphere is downright amazing at so many games.

I think we could see some reshuffling at the top of this draft, and a big part of that can come from just what kind of exposure these kids get. I've not yet myself seen the Hlinka tournament. Usually reserves that for when I get the flu during the spring... But some said that Byfield wasn't maybe super impressive there. If that is true, and he gets to go to the U18 and the speed of those games puts him a bit on the outside, it could create doubts for people. Like just for the record, when I see highlight of this kid he looks amazing, but who knows. Raymond has been pwning his peers the last years -- but now its time for him to step it up and take his game to the SHL level and the U20 WJCs. He will of course never all far, but at 2 or 3 or 4 there are always "options".

My point is just, I could see Tim Stutzle going very high in this draft. I don't like the big forwards as goto players, you (almost) never really get both that goto ability and size and skill in one package. QB could basically be that exception that comes around every once in a decade or so, but its so rare. I of course must see more, but I would have nothing against Stutzle in the top 5.

Reactions: brians1128

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
No more goalies please.

NYR might need one more in the depth chart....

Lundqvist (2 years, UFA after the 2020/2021 season)
Georgiev (1 year, RFA after this season)
Shesterkin (2 years, RFA after 2020/2021 season)
Huska (2 years, RFA after 2020/2021 season)
Wall (NYR will lose rights on Aug. 15, 2020, if not signed an ELC beforehand)
Lindbom (NYR will lose rights June 1, 2022, if not signed an ELC beforehand)

By the way it is looking, there is a short term logjam in the system. Lundqvist, Georgiev, Shesterkin and I'd argue Huska can all play or at least get good looks in the NHL. After that, they don't have much looking at for long term outside Wall and Lindbom (who could ultimately not receive offers). I know that they most likely will receive offers, but I think they would benefit by grabbing another keeper to have develop the next 3 or 4 years. That way they can have someone already accustomed to the organization while the logjam works itself out. I think using one of three 7ths on a keeper is a good idea as this really isn't that strong of a goalie class. If not, they should pick one in the 2021 draft. Would hate for the Rangers to have to go through another Post-Richter to Pre-Lundqvist era.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not going to lie, through October, I haven't been nearly as impressed with this draft class as I was expecting.

It's still way too early to make any declarative statements, but I was hoping for...a bit more perhaps?

Reactions: Joey Bones

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Not going to lie, through October, I haven't been nearly as impressed with this draft class as I was expecting.

It's still way too early to make any declarative statements, but I was hoping for...a bit more perhaps?

Likewise. Outside of a few it has been very mediocre....

Reactions: Edge

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers are on pace for a 75 point season.

Craig Custance will have a monthly podcast on the draft with Scott Wheeler and Corey Pronman. The first episode was released today with Wheeler as the guest. Check it out if you have 51 minutes to spend.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
The Rangers are on pace for a 75 point season.

Craig Custance will have a monthly podcast on the draft with Scott Wheeler and Corey Pronman. The first episode was released today with Wheeler as the guest. Check it out if you have 51 minutes to spend.

Thanks!! Do you have the link at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad