2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No doubt. BPA is the best policy.
As always. In many ways, if your view of where this team is realistic, this upcoming draft is the last of the true "asset gathering" portion of the rebuild. The team should have a lottery pick and will make trades at TDL to acquire more picks. Take the BPL.

Naturally, we will debate to death as to who that player is.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If Chytil does grab the 2C role wouldn't we be better off hoping for Raymond or Lafreniere instead.

We could then have sometime 2-3 years from now

Panarin-Zibby-Kakko
Raymond/Lafreniere-Chytil-Kravstov
Lemeuix-Henriksson-Buchnevich
Andersson-Barron-Fast

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Deangelo
Lundkvist

Shestyerkin
Georgiev

you take the best player and figure out positions later...you never know what will happen in the future with injuries etc. so if we get the #1 pick you take lafreniere and then figure out center...

that said, we don't even know yet if chytil can be a serviceable 2c no less a top end guy that you'd pass up on an elite prospect for...I'll never complain about having too many good players at the same position...

plus also need to remember life after zibanejad...mika was taken 6th overall, and didn't bust out till year 8...fast forward 8 years and mika will be 34...so if as he ages out we can replace him with a guy like byfield with chytil or whoever behind him. sign me up.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If Chytil does grab the 2C role wouldn't we be better off hoping for Raymond or Lafreniere instead.

We could then have sometime 2-3 years from now

Panarin-Zibby-Kakko
Raymond/Lafreniere-Chytil-Kravstov
Lemeuix-Henriksson-Buchnevich
Andersson-Barron-Fast

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Deangelo
Lundkvist

Shestyerkin
Georgiev

Lafreniere is not a center, but I think he's the unanamous top pick, ATM. Very well could fit on an NHL top 9. Would look fun next to Chytil!!

Raymond is having a tough draft season so far, so I'd hold off on him for now. This is not to say that he won't rebound, but he was recently sent back to Frolunda's J20 squad. It's all good, but slating him top 5 is kind of a misstep. Again, it's early in the season.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
A little Pittsburgh/Edmonton lottery magic would change the game.

2 ov in 2020 is the campaign slogan.

and I will make the trip to Montreal for the June draft.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Laf - franchise player
Byfield - exactly what we need at C
Raymond - too much of an offensive talent to pass up, even if we're stacked at top-6 RW.
Holtz - yery small step behind Raymond,
Perfetti - maybe #4 because of positional need. I like what I read and see here. If we bum out of the top 3, he should be the target.

my NYR top 5 targets atm

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Can we somehow land a second top-10 pick?? :naughty:

Pretty much impossible. We would have had to have a deal happen last season, à la Ottawa-Colorado f. ex. No team projecting to end up in the latter half of the league will entirely move their pick. I think, teams understand how good the upcoming draft is. Like most definitely someone went to the Dallas GM and was like "we will not sign Zucc no matter what, that 1st rounder is way too valuable." And after three months, he was like "ok".

We should be able to get one 20-31 range pick at the deadline though, go from there.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Pretty much impossible. We would have had to have a deal happen last season, à la Ottawa-Colorado f. ex. No team projecting to end up in the latter half of the league will entirely move their pick. I think, teams understand how good the upcoming draft is. Like most definitely someone went to the Dallas GM and was like "we will not sign Zucc no matter what, that 1st rounder is way too valuable." And after three months, he was like "ok".

We should be able to get one 20-31 range pick at the deadline though, go from there.

What are some good forward prospects in that range?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Laf - franchise player
Byfield - exactly what we need at C
Raymond - too much of an offensive talent to pass up, even if we're stacked at top-6 RW.
Holtz - yery small step behind Raymond,
Perfetti - maybe #4 because of positional need. I like what I read and see here. If we bum out of the top 3, he should be the target.

my NYR top 5 targets atm

Raymond was demoted to the J20 squad. His pro play hasn't been particularly there yet. I wouldn't say he's a surefire bet in the top 5, right now. Might drop because of it....

With that said, though, you're right the offensive talent is there!!

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
If the Rangers aren't in the top 3, they should look at options to trade down but stay in the top 10. Target Lundell, plus also receive picks/players. Someone out there might be willing to over pay for the right to draft Askarov.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Rangers need another high end forward. (Probably two, just to be safe.)
Well, there is the lottery pick this year and probably another first rounder. Though, if they did get the second first round pick and it would be in a similar range to last year, I may well look at Schnieder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia