Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
This came for me in the mail today

I’m ready
...with the first overall pick the Rangers pick Quinton Byfield...
...GoAwayStaal...
giphy.gif

mac

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
There are always players who are drafted who don't seem to be on the radar at all. It may happen with either one or both of these guys. Boyko does show up in the Black Book by the way. They like his compete and hockey sense and his work along the boards. They're not sure his skill level projects a ceiling at a top 9 level on an NHL team.

Boyko just seems to be under the radar. He is young still growing is said to be well respected in the room . Late in the draft I think he fits that bottom six roll with some up side . He has a good track rescored of winning.

mac

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
McNelly is a stay at home defenseman, who's is about as physical as you will get. He's a true enforcer with a regular role. He was an undrafted player who went on to a regular role for the Thunderbirds. He's a throwback to the days of the enforcer. Eric Cairns, type of a player. La Forge is the GM there. He loves him. GM's always love their respected tough guys. He thinks there will be consideration from scouts. Skating isn't there. That's gonna hurt his chances. He loves to hit people. He can fight. Now the game has changed so much that you would think these guys wouldn't get a shot, however year after year NHL organizations continue to select these types of players.

He's definately NOT Nicky Hague, but he has a decent chance to go in the later rounds.

Curtis Douglas 4th rd 2108 Stars
John Ludvig 3rd rd 2019 Panthers
Kevin Bahl 2nd rd, 2018 Coyotes
Zach Fischer 5th rd, 2017 Flames
Mark Kastelic 5th rd, 2019 Sens
Ethan Keppen 4th rd, 2019 Canucks

Redline thinks he's the toughest hombre in the WHL. He's a bloodline too. His uncle was drafted by the Habs in 1991.

The one thing I like about him is he has shown improvement each year. He is well liked by him teammates and management.
When he broke in as a 16 year old he never back down, some of his fights were agents players bigger then him and 4 years older that takes balls at that age. If he can improve his skating and balance{ when he fights } who knows in 5 years, In two years he could make players in Hartford feel safe

Reactions: Lion Hound

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Boyko just seems to be under the radar. He is young still growing is said to be well respected in the room . Late in the draft I think he fits that bottom six roll with some up side . He has a good track rescored of winning.

The Rangers have Konowalchuk as their WHL scout. I do suspect they will draft 2 or 3 or their picks from the WHL. A lot depends on who's still on board and who you have on your list--just because a player isn't drafted doesn't mean no one was interested--they just might have run out of draft picks and maybe they grab guys they didn't expect to grab at other spots.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The Hockey Guy has us taking Brendan Brisson at 22. Maybe not terrible but I'd take his 23. Gunler 24. Amirov 26. Holloway 28. Greig 3o. Khushnutdinov 31. Wallinder 32. Reichel over him.

I think you meant Draft Dynasty not the hockey guy?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I think some of this is a bit harsh, but kudos to Will for an objective take.

I'd caution trying to compare numbers/analytics across leagues though. The OHL was basically pond hockey this year. I don't think Byfield should even be in the conversation for #2, let alone #1.

Although I disagree with the Byfield conversation for No. 2, I 100% agree with the OHL being the incredibly weaker than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad