Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Fair, I'm also over exaggerating on the no draft (like 5th-7th is a complete toss up usually).

I absolutely think he plays a incredible "juniors" styled offense. That added with the complete lack of defensive support f***s me up, man. He leaves all his teammates out to dry on the ice, he can't seem to understand the defensive zone. Getting behind the goal line and chasing players leaving a player open on the backside is incredibly bad. Like that's basic defending, never leave the backside open without support. Also, he sends a lot of suicide passes to entry breakouts, potentially crippling his players with blindside hits. He's, also, not physical whatsoever.

Besides, the rangers have Jones and Skinner in the system that are pure offensive defenders. Think they'd stray away from that early on.

Can certainly understand those concerns. He's a mess in his own end but I think he has the offensive talent and mobility that he can overcome those elements if he's coachable enough. However, that's the one part I haven't really been able to get too much info on. Character reports are a little sparse.

I don't think you can ever have too many defensemen in your system. Poirier is a huge risk/reward pick but he's also a 3-4 year project quite easily. Hard to tell what the D will look like that far in the future.

Still, like I said, he's a guy I wouldn't hate at 22 but he's not at the top of my list there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad