Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Hockey Guy has us taking Brendan Brisson at 22. Maybe not terrible but I'd take his 23. Gunler 24. Amirov 26. Holloway 28. Greig 3o. Khushnutdinov 31. Wallinder 32. Reichel over him.
I am completely out on Brisson. Don’t think he sticks at center. Don’t trust his mentality. The whole agent is his dad thing doesn’t sit well with me rightfully or not. I think there will be better options if they keep the pick.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I am completely out on Brisson. Don’t think he sticks at center. Don’t trust his mentality. The whole agent is his dad thing doesn’t sit well with me rightfully or not. I think there will be better options if they keep the pick.

I'd have Brisson probably around 40 so it would be a disappointing pick for me. To me it's another center who is not that great a skater and I agree he probably ends up a wing as an NHL player. To me Brisson is more likely to be a second line player or bust whereas guys like Holloway, Greig, Amirov and Khushnutdinov could plug in all over the lineup if we didn't have a 2nd line spot open to them. They've all at least the same upside as Brisson and safer bets to fill other roles.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I dunno, the shooter kind of just never bothered to try to pull the puck across the goal crease.

Good job by Askarov to catch himself and get the pad across as far as he did, but it looks like the guy was trying to slide it back five-hole on that move for some reason.

Edit - on second look, maybe he got it closer to the bottom of the pad.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
is that patreon? I didn't see anything on youtube?

He must have taken it down. I saw it last night and I wrote down his picks:

Cbs. 21. Perreault
Ran. 22. Brisson
Phl. 23. Gunler
Col. 24. Amirov
Was. 25. Barron
StL. 26. Holloway
Ana. 27. Mysak
Ott. 28. Greig
Veg. 29. Foerster
Dal. 30. Khushnutdinov
S.J. 31. Wallinder
Det. 32. Reichel
Ott. 33. Neighbours
S.J. 34. Kleven
L.A. 35. O'Rourke
Ana. 36. Grans
Nas. 37. Evangelista

I did not comment but maybe he took too much heat and said f*** it. Truthfully I didn't find much of his reasoning on a number of picks very compelling. For instance Washington taking a stay at home D at 25 when their farm is pretty empty and they need as much skill as possible. It's also as if he wanted certain scenarios to happen--certain teams to get certain players.

Reactions: Leetch3

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
My favourite NA prospect in this draft

Powell would be an interesting guy to get. To me he could be another Fox/Lundkivst level RD. I don't know what you do with all these guys and looking forward RD is not really a position of need but still he's enticing. I've got him pegged for the second round though it wouldn't shock me if a team took him in the back end of the first round.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Powell would be an interesting guy to get. To me he could be another Fox/Lundkivst level RD. I don't know what you do with all these guys and looking forward RD is not really a position of need but still he's enticing. I've got him pegged for the second round though it wouldn't shock me if a team took him in the back end of the first round.

in the 3rd round and beyond you don't worry about that...powell especially as an undersized guy could be a guy that spends 3-4 years in college and who knows what the team looks like then.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He must have taken it down. I saw it last night and I wrote down his picks:

Cbs. 21. Perreault
Ran. 22. Brisson
Phl. 23. Gunler
Col. 24. Amirov
Was. 25. Barron
StL. 26. Holloway
Ana. 27. Mysak
Ott. 28. Greig
Veg. 29. Foerster
Dal. 30. Khushnutdinov
S.J. 31. Wallinder
Det. 32. Reichel
Ott. 33. Neighbours
S.J. 34. Kleven
L.A. 35. O'Rourke
Ana. 36. Grans
Nas. 37. Evangelista

I did not comment but maybe he took too much heat and said f*** it. Truthfully I didn't find much of his reasoning on a number of picks very compelling. For instance Washington taking a stay at home D at 25 when their farm is pretty empty and they need as much skill as possible. It's also as if he wanted certain scenarios to happen--certain teams to get certain players.

Would certainly be for the Rangers with their apparent like for Greig, Amirov and Holloway.

Could Brisson be one of the best candidates we don’t know about? Yes, but my gut isn’t feeling that one over some of the other options.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
What's the deal with Roni Hirvonen? I'll admit, I know nothing about him other than the MYNHLDRAFT writeup. He seems to fit the criteria for the Rangers of taking players who have succeeded in a pro league.

The write makes him sound like a slightly fast Henrikson. But this is where you all come in to inform me and keep this conversation intriguing for the next few weeks.

Any chance the Rangers take this kid or just too small and not high end enough for 22?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Would certainly be for the Rangers with their apparent like for Greig, Amirov and Holloway.

Could Brisson be one of the best candidates we don’t know about? Yes, but my gut isn’t feeling that one over some of the other options.

I watch him now and again but I really didn't care for the way he did this draft. I imagine his 1-20 video is still up and as an example it's like he really wanted Ottawa to have Byfied and Drysdale. He had New Jersey taking Perfetti at 7, Guhle at 18 and Peterka at 20 and declared after that if the Devils did that 'they win the draft!' And I was thinking okay but if I was a Devils fan I might be a bit disappointed. To me the Devils need to take either Holtz or Quinn with their first pick--they need a legit shoot first goal scorer and those two having something of a two way game is even better and I don't exactly see Perfetti as a shooter---he's more of a playmaking type.

But who knows---strange things happen.

I don't have Brisson that high--the last list I made had him at 40. Picking him at 22 wouldn't be terrible but it would be fairly disappointing. That list has Amirov at 17, Holloway at 18 and Greig at 27. If I made another list I'm probably switching things about (when we're out in the 20's nothing's really cut in stone) here and there but I look at all three of them as 1st rounders.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I understand. I also like Laferriere. Great dynamic winger who may surprise some people after his season in the USHL

I feel like Laferriere is one of those guys outside the first round that this board has really gravitated toward. It might be one of those rare (and funny) instances where people are pissed when a mid-round guy comes off the board.

We haven't someone like that, beyond the second round, in what feels like several years.

But there are definitely several guys who fit that criteria that this board will be watching closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->