Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Top 10 isnt happening unless you really incentivize a team to move back 12-16 or so spots.
Unless a team is truly desperate in a win now situation and they dont care about a prospect that cant help right away
22 and Strome doesnt get top 10...unfortunately

This might be the time to use Nils possibly? Trade from a position of strength for a need?....then we can put the DeAngelo stuff to bed. We know what we have in him and hes gonna get even better. Expensive tho
If they think Lundell can step right in idk.

Eventually something is gonna have to give RHD wise...someone's gonna go
They need to ascertain just exactly who they love outside of Lafrenière and how much they want him. It all depends on that

If they're not crazy about anyone then just hold your cards and wait
Trading Nils to move up in the draft is a horrible idea

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Ha!

Is that because you genuinely don't see it – or because of how much you'd dislike the pick personally?

Because of the wide open nature of what the Rangers are going to do. @Edge has mentioned quite a few options. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was or wasn’t the pick. The Rangers have also shown a willingness to go for ‘boom’ potential, and IMO, there are better candidates of that ilk that could be available there.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Top 10 isnt happening unless you really incentivize a team to move back 12-16 or so spots.
Unless a team is truly desperate in a win now situation and they dont care about a prospect that cant help right away
22 and Strome doesnt get top 10...unfortunately

This might be the time to use Nils possibly? Trade from a position of strength for a need?....then we can put the DeAngelo stuff to bed. We know what we have in him and hes gonna get even better. Expensive tho
If they think Lundell can step right in idk.

Eventually something is gonna have to give RHD wise...someone's gonna go
They need to ascertain just exactly who they love outside of Lafrenière and how much they want him. It all depends on that

If they're not crazy about anyone then just hold your cards and wait
No offense but that’s a horrendous idea

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Hard to say. They really like him, but I don’t know if he’s “their guy”.

That's interesting. I was finally diving into the possible choices around 22. And Holloway for me was the one that fits into the identity they're trying to build. Big kid who skates really well. Could be a Jordan Greenway/Chris Kreider type. I don't if he ultimately translates as a center. I think he's a middle 6 power forward or 3C.

The other forwards in this range don't impress me that much. A lot of okay to undersized centers that I don't think project to be much of an upgrade over, say, Strome. Possibly Perreault. The russian kid, Marat K seems impressive but small. I would prefer Holloway to for that size/speed. Very useful kid even if the offense doesn't pan out. If we stay in this range, I might even go off the board and pick Wiesblatt. Enjoy his motor and playmaking.

But honestly, I don't know that I'm in love with anyone in this range. I thought the skating was fairly average amongst the skilled forwards and many are in that 5'10"-5'11" range. Though I would def take Holloway if we stay put AND he still happens to be there. He's the literally the only forward with a definite NHL frame and skating. I think trading it for a need or trading up is the right move.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Players I would trade Lundkvist for in this draft: Stutzle, Byfield, Raymond, Jarvis. That’s it.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Players I would trade Lundkvist for in this draft: Stutzle, Byfield, Raymond, Jarvis. That’s it.
I'm iffy on Raymond and probably a no on Jarvis.

I think folks downplay Lundkvist because he's been in the pool now for a while. His year last year in the SHL was utterly jaw-dropping. Pretty sure if he were magically dropped into the draft pool this year he'd go top 5.

Reactions: QJL

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
By ALL accounts? The best defenseman not playing in the NHL? Are we hyping this kid a bit too much at this point?

“All accounts” is the only stretch here. Who is better? I think Lundkvist is right there with Seider in terms of current readiness for the NHL, ahead of Byram, Romanov, Bouchard, Smith, etc.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That's interesting. I was finally diving into the possible choices around 22. And Holloway for me was the one that fits into the identity they're trying to build. Big kid who skates really well. Could be a Jordan Greenway/Chris Kreider type. I don't if he ultimately translates as a center. I think he's a middle 6 power forward or 3C.

The other forwards in this range don't impress me that much. A lot of okay to undersized centers that I don't think project to be much of an upgrade over, say, Strome. Possibly Perreault. The russian kid, Marat K seems impressive but small. I would prefer Holloway to for that size/speed. Very useful kid even if the offense doesn't pan out. If we stay in this range, I might even go off the board and pick Wiesblatt. Enjoy his motor and playmaking.

But honestly, I don't know that I'm in love with anyone in this range. I thought the skating was fairly average amongst the skilled forwards and many are in that 5'10"-5'11" range. Though I would def take Holloway if we stay put AND he still happens to be there. He's the literally the only forward with a definite NHL frame and skating. I think trading it for a need or trading up is the right move.

Take him over Holloway 12 times out of 10.

I love this player and think he carves out a really, really good NHL career. The frame isn't ideal but hes got "it." True Heart and Soul player with a tangible skill set and willingness to do whatever, whenever.

Give him 2 years to cook and he'll be ready to step in and contribute.

The one guy I've started to warm up to a bit is O'Rourke. Hes got a more well rounded game than he gets credit for.

Mysak screams Ranger pick to me. Hes the guy I think they snag at 22 if they keep the pick/don't move up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad