Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Both you guys most likely right on all accounts. I just feel like we don’t have a D like him in our system and in the later first he’d be a great boom player.

I wouldn't hate it if he falls to our pick because of that if certain forwards are gone...and btw i've read scouting reports on him that sound pretty similar to the scouting reports on robertson last year

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I wouldn't hate it if he falls to our pick because of that if certain forwards are gone...and btw i've read scouting reports on him that sound pretty similar to the scouting reports on robertson last year
Could be right, but I do like Guhle’s pedigree better than Robertsons.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Even though I wanted Vegas to win, they ended up giving the Devils the 20th pick. Now I just know they're gonna snag a faller that we're gonna be praying for with that pick, those sons of bitches.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Even though I wanted Vegas to win, they ended up giving the Devils the 20th pick. Now I just know they're gonna snag a faller that we're gonna be praying for with that pick, those sons of bitches.
They might snag a faller in front of us but I’m sure they would have loved to get the guy we’re gonna take in the 1 spot a lot more than the Rangers would want whatever player that is. We got the first overall, I really won’t complain about what they do with the extra pick.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
They might snag a faller in front of us but I’m sure they would have loved to get the guy we’re gonna take in the 1 spot a lot more than the Rangers would want whatever player that is. We got the first overall, I really won’t complain about what they do with the extra pick.

Besides, there’s a lot of talent that’s going to be available at 22.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

TopShelf86

Aug 16, 2020
. I’m wondering what the cost would be to do that. A few years ago we traded a 2nd rounder just to move up 4 spots from 26 to 22 to get Miller
Top 10 isnt happening unless you really incentivize a team to move back 12-16 or so spots.
Unless a team is truly desperate in a win now situation and they dont care about a prospect that cant help right away
22 and Strome doesnt get top 10...unfortunately

This might be the time to use Nils possibly? Trade from a position of strength for a need?....then we can put the DeAngelo stuff to bed. We know what we have in him and hes gonna get even better. Expensive tho
If they think Lundell can step right in idk.

Eventually something is gonna have to give RHD wise...someone's gonna go
They need to ascertain just exactly who they love outside of Lafrenière and how much they want him. It all depends on that

If they're not crazy about anyone then just hold your cards and wait

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Top 10 isnt happening unless you really incentivize a team to move back 12-16 or so spots.
Unless a team is truly desperate in a win now situation and they dont care about a prospect that cant help right away

This might be the time to use Nils possibly? Trade from a position of strength for a need?....then we can put the DeAngelo stuff to bed. We know what we have in him and hes gonna get even better. Expensive tho

They need to ascertain just exactly who they love outside of Lafrenière and how much they want him. It all depends on that

If they're not crazy about a yo e then just hold your cards and wait

The Rangers aren’t using Lundkvist to move up in the draft. He’s likely better than every Dman not named Sanderson or Drysdale.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

To paraphrase Robert Vaughn in Superman III (quoting Attila the Hun): " "It is not enough that I succeed, everyone else must fail."

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
. I’m wondering what the cost would be to do that. A few years ago we traded a 2nd rounder just to move up 4 spots from 26 to 22 to get Miller

I'd love to move up to snag a good center prospect, but I'm also not opposed to taking BPA at 22 (Jarvis and Zary fell in a mock I looked at) and then trying to gain a 2nd to grab a faller, or someone like Pytlik (if we're talking centers specifically). Also interested to see where Khusnutdinov ends up.

With #1 overall being pretty close to a sure thing in Laf, it gives us options for ~#22

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

If they're not crazy about anyone then just hold your cards and wait

You don’t trade Lindqvist, he is cost controlled for years and the best dman not playing in the nhl by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad