Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Take him over Holloway 12 times out of 10.

I love this player and think he carves out a really, really good NHL career. The frame isn't ideal but hes got "it." True Heart and Soul player with a tangible skill set and willingness to do whatever, whenever.

Give him 2 years to cook and he'll be ready to step in and contribute.

The one guy I've started to warm up to a bit is O'Rourke. Hes got a more well rounded game than he gets credit for.

Mysak screams Ranger pick to me. Hes the guy I think they snag at 22 if they keep the pick/don't move up.
Mysak honestly would be basically a Chytil 2.0 pick to me but I honestly think his skillset is more refined than Chytil’s off rip. And I think he has higher upside offensively. Just me though.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
From four months ago, still something to watch on a Sunday morning with your Coffee and Bagels.

I know this is my gut talking and not my head but I wouldn’t mind Mark Messier coaching this team( On an interm deal.)if Quinn needs to be replaced during the upcoming season.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
I have a strong feeling we are going to trade Georgiev + #22 to Toronto for #15 if someone we like is still there. Otherwise I think we trade this pick, possibly in a package, for a more ready player. Time will tell.

I kind of get the same feeling---Possible Geo and number 22 to Chicago for 17.

TopShelf86

Aug 16, 2020
No offense but that’s a horrendous idea
I dont see why it's so horrendous
We're talking about a 28th overall pick who isnt proven in pro hockey vs top 10 pick in an amazing draft year. Also a Nils plays a position that we're completely logjammed at for the foreseeable future and the move would take care of 2C for a very long time

One could argue it's not the best idea but horrendous? No

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
We're talking about a 28th overall pick who isnt proven in pro hockey vs top 10 pick in an amazing draft year. Also a Nils plays a position that we're completely logjammed at for the foreseeable future and the move would take care of 2C for a very long time

Isn't proven in pro hockey? He just destroyed the U20 scoring record in the SHL.

Unless someone is overpaying for him (Top 10 pick+, or a GOOD young roster player), Lundkvist is not a player you trade. Especially not b/c you think we have a surplus (hint: we don't)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Mysak honestly would be basically a Chytil 2.0 pick to me but I honestly think his skillset is more refined than Chytil’s off rip. And I think he has higher upside offensively. Just me though.

I don't see that. Chytil is a beast---he just still has to figure it out but he is powerful in ways that Mysak just isn't. The reason that Filip could play as a 17 year old in the AHL is the Jagr/Zibanejad like tree trunk legs and build. Filip is also a very very good skater--that combination of build and skating is pretty damn rare.

I should say though that Mysak would be a player to consider at 22---he's just not that comparable to Chytil.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Take him over Holloway 12 times out of 10.

I love this player and think he carves out a really, really good NHL career. The frame isn't ideal but hes got "it." True Heart and Soul player with a tangible skill set and willingness to do whatever, whenever.

Give him 2 years to cook and he'll be ready to step in and contribute.

The one guy I've started to warm up to a bit is O'Rourke. Hes got a more well rounded game than he gets credit for.

Mysak screams Ranger pick to me. Hes the guy I think they snag at 22 if they keep the pick/don't move up.
You and I totally disagree on Holloway, but like you, I can absolutely see them picking Mysak as well. Wouldn’t mind that pick either.

Actually really looking forward to this pick (if they keep it). For once, I can see things to like in almost everyone that’s been mentioned...

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
From four months ago, still something to watch on a Sunday morning with your Coffee and Bagels.

I know this is my gut talking and not my head but I wouldn’t mind Mark Messier coaching this team( On an interm deal.)if Quinn needs to be replaced during the upcoming season.

Listen to your head. Messier has never coached and is not a coach. You just don't throw someone into a job that he's done nothing to prepare for and shown no willingness to do at any other level.

TopShelf86

Aug 16, 2020
Isn't proven in pro hockey? He just destroyed the U20 scoring record in the SHL.

Unless someone is overpaying for him (Top 10 pick+, or a GOOD young roster player), Lundkvist is not a player you trade. Especially not b/c you think we have a surplus (hint: we don't)
I should've said pro hockey here...that's what I meant.

If you dont call Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo, Nils a surplus...then idk
Cant keep all....somebody has to go.
If you dont wanna move Nils then move DeAngelo? That's crazy.

This fan base has been screaming for that RHD...hes at least a 60pt Defensemen and because hes a bit below average defensively and his Tweeting (eye roll) ppl just forget that? Not to mention the other attributes he has that this team desperately needs.

I'm not saying definitely do it...I'm just saying its not an absurd
It's no more crazy than thinking of trading 1st overall for OTT 3rd and 5Th

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Rangers aren’t using Lundkvist to move up in the draft. He’s likely better than every Dman not named Sanderson or Drysdale.
Could be that I like Schnieder a lot more than other people, and while certainly not on the level of Drysdale or Sanderson, it would be interesting to ponder Lundqvist vs. him.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We're not getting back into the top 10 in this draft. We'll either stay put at 22, move up maybe a few spots in to the teens to grab someone, or trade the pick away for a roster player.
Or, in case of someone like Mysak falling, actually trade back and get something like a second round pick in return

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
As good as Schneider might end up being, he doesn't yet have the value that Nils does. There's no way I would entertain a 1 for 1 swap.
Oh, don't misunderstand. I am not advocating for such a trade or discussing who has more value. I am just saying that comparing the two would make for an interesting discussion vis a vis who they can be, who they probably will be, who looks to have a better NHL career, etc.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Schneider is not on Nils' level.

I doubt the offense ever gets close to what Nils can provide.
Again, not comparing the two. But just for devil's advocate, offense is not everything. I think that Schnieder's floor is a pretty good second pairing anchor. He is also someone who can be an absolute bomber from the point on the PP, which might enable him to achieve more points.

Again, not saying where value is just that I do not think that it is so cut and dry.

Reactions: leetch99

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Again, not comparing the two. But just for devil's advocate, offense is not everything. I think that Schnieder's floor is a pretty good second pairing anchor. He is also someone who can be an absolute bomber from the point on the PP, which might enable him to achieve more points.

Again, not saying where value is just that I do not think that it is so cut and dry.

His floor is a lot lower than that. He is a very physically mature guy who manhandled players much smaller and weaker than he is.

I like some of the tools, but there are questions there. He isn't great in transition and I question the overall hockey sense with him as well. He's got some Phaneuf in his game.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I should've said pro hockey here...that's what I meant.

If you dont call Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo, Nils a surplus...then idk
Cant keep all....somebody has to go.
If you dont wanna move Nils then move DeAngelo? That's crazy.

This fan base has been screaming for that RHD...hes at least a 60pt Defensemen and because hes a bit below average defensively and his Tweeting (eye roll) ppl just forget that? Not to mention the other attributes he has that this team desperately needs.

I'm not saying definitely do it...I'm just saying its not an absurd
It's no more crazy than thinking of trading 1st overall for OTT 3rd and 5Th

I know this isn't the DeAngelo thread but seriously, I can't believe how many Rangers fans just want to dump this guy. For (Phil Leotardo voice) 20 f***IN YEARS we've been desperately searching for that elite scoring d-man, PPQB type. Poti, Redden, Del Zotto, Boyle, Yandle, Shattenkirk... all those disasters and money wasted trying to find it. We finally have him, and he's young, he's feisty, he's tough, he's a leader. People want to dump him because he's not a shutdown defender and his politics. Crazy stuff.

You know Lias Andersson was very good in Sweden, too. It doesn't always translate. Nils had a great year but his tools aren't really that good. Don't think he can just replace Tony so easily. And I know we have Fox but i'm not so sure he can do what Tony does either.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019

No
Well I don’t see anybody else liking it lol. Who cares that he was only the 28th pick? It’s pretty obvious in a redraft he would go much higher. Just because defensive prospects is a strength doesn’t means you trade probably your best one. It is horrendous

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Listen to your head. Messier has never coached and is not a coach. You just don't throw someone into a job that he's done nothing to prepare for and shown no willingness to do at any other level.
I know, but that Gretzky quote at the end of the video got to me. Add to that if Quinn has to be replaced that would probably mean the season is shot anyway, let Mark have a shot for the remainder of the season. I’m pretty sure that he would be surrounded by good quality NHL assistants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad