2020 Draft thread

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
RW is literally the last position we need to address in the draft.
For the top-6, other than Tippett we don’t really have anything. If you’re thinking Denisenko I’m fairly certain he’s a LW (whos right handed). Can he play both sides equally as comfortable? I’m not sure actually.

but having Huberdeau and Denisenko at LW, Tippett and Quinn at RW? That’d be an awesome longterm setup if they achieve what we think they can.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
For the top-6, other than Tippett we don’t really have anything. If you’re thinking Denisenko I’m fairly certain he’s a LW (whos right handed). Can he play both sides equally as comfortable? I’m not sure actually.

but having Huberdeau and Denisenko at LW, Tippett and Quinn at RW? That’d be an awesome longterm setup if they achieve what we think they can.
I think Tippett is fairly safe to become at least a second line player with 30 goal potential. Denesenko can be anywhere from a 1st line stud to a bust.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Denisenko said he prefers to play right side.

Screenshot_20200531-234715_Samsung Internet.jpg

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sweet! I’ll take it that the article is accurate. One website I saw lw listed as Quinn’s second position, so I’m assuming he’s played some there?

Not sure about Quinn but would be nice to have Tippett as a sniper and Denisenko as a playmaker on the right side. Right shot players are rarer than lefties both on forward and defense

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
If Lundell is FAST then I'm on board, but I'm tired as hell of slow lumbering big guys who don't even hit anyone. Today's NHL is for speedy, strong, skill guys. Big and tall is not a requirement.
he is not considered fast. but good everywhere else.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Not sure about Quinn but would be nice to have Tippett as a sniper and Denisenko as a playmaker on the right side. Right shot players are rarer than lefties both on forward and defense
Oh yeah for sure, I know. Plus a lot of guys like to play on their off wing, I’m a natural center but in college I had to play a fair amount of wing and as a righty I preferred the left side. It’s easier on yourself in the D zone because when the puck gets wrapped on the boards you can receive it on your forehand. when you’re streaking down the left side you can cut to the slot and be on your forehand. And you open yourself up for one timers in the offensive zone. Obviously odd man rushes are better to be on your natural side. But I personally more positives that not of playing on the off wing so I kinda assume wingers, especially at this high of a level, can easily switch sides unless they’ve already been playing for years in the nhl and they’ve done so solely on one side. Even then I doubt they’d struggle but that’s when I’d stay away from it.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
At 12 or 13, I want either Quinn or Mercer. If Mercer is a natural center then I may want him even more tbh (even though many sites have him as a RW, his teams site has him as a center and nhl central scouting also listed him as a center). Love what I’ve seen from him. Either him or Quinn I’d be very happy with. Lundell would be my 3rd choice I think at this point. I’ll be peeved if we select any of schneider, guhle, or Barron over someone like Mercer or Quinn, even though we need D none of those guys jump off the page for me. Don’t pass on better talent to attempt to fill a need.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
At 12 or 13, I want either Quinn or Mercer. If Mercer is a natural center then I may want him even more tbh (even though many sites have him as a RW, his teams site has him as a center and nhl central scouting also listed him as a center). Love what I’ve seen from him. Either him or Quinn I’d be very happy with. Lundell would be my 3rd choice I think at this point. I’ll be peeved if we select any of schneider, guhle, or Barron over someone like Mercer or Quinn, even though we need D none of those guys jump off the page for me. Don’t pass on better talent to attempt to fill a need.

Mercer was a natural center at lower levels but he plays better at rw. I don't really see him as an nhl center. I have quinn and lundell ranked above guhle and schneider, but only by a couple spots. I would go with defense or center here because wingers are much easier to find.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If we're talking centers, Connor Zary should be in the discussion too. Kid's a warrior, he has that winning mentality and work ethic that we need on this team. He's a great all round player. He scored 86 pts on an average team. I felt early in the season, he was getting a bit overrated, but now he's a bit underrated.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
another name to think about is Noel Gunler. Dudes got a filthy shot
This guy looks good.

I've wanted Niemela (#38 on Bob's list) for a while now, but our first is too early and he's probably gone by our second. So trade down, pick Gunler, use the pick acquired (2nd?) and our own 2nd to move up to the beginning of the 2nd round or late 1st, pick Niemela. Profit.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So do we go for a center or dman at 12?

D. Although the only center I would be ok with is Lundell, if he makes it to us. Having that kind of size and smarts down the middle(Barkov and Lundell) would really make our forward group pretty strong, assuming Lundell doesn't bust. He'd be a #3 center at worst though.

We do need to address the D though. If not now, when?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad