2020 Draft - 2nd Pick: Carter Savoie

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Only able to catch the 2nd today... Savoie was super dangerous when he was on the ice... but this Denver team is hard to watch sometimes, he has Benning to play off of, but asside from him, there is nobody that can create for, and play off of Savoie. It's maddening to watch. Also Denver spent 8 minutes that period in the box. Savoie doesn't kill penalties, so he gets stapled to the bench. This has been a trend in every DU game I've watched this season.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Guttman has the makings of a decent depth player at the next level, but holy f*** is he hard to watch in a skill role, he's gritty and can skate, but zero IQ, zero skill, zero finishing ability...

Thankfully Denver is getting Jack Devine next year, a possible top 10 pick in 2022. They also have Leafs center prospect Wyatt Schingoethe coming and Jacob Bernard-Docker’s brother Seth (also a D) committed at this point.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Guttman has the makings of a decent depth player at the next level, but holy f*** is he hard to watch in a skill role, he's gritty and can skate, but zero IQ, zero skill, zero finishing ability...

Guttman won't be an NHLer count on it. I see him playing in Europe or the AHL/ECHL. He really has nothing to provide

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Savoie with a good chance at the start of OT, Guttman hits him in the slot with a pass but he couldn't pick a corner to beat the goalie.
Guttman made a pass? Impressive

Do you have a link for the game? I'm scared of downloading the Flashplayer update for Onhockey.tv

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Denver is such a task to watch, so many useless plugs on that team. The Tuomiso kid in particular is horrendous.
Anyway, pretty quiet game from Savoie, I started watching after the goal. Had a few chances on the PP as usual but the team was junk overall.

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
Denver is such a task to watch, so many useless plugs on that team. The Tuomiso kid in particular is horrendous.
Anyway, pretty quiet game from Savoie, I started watching after the goal. Had a few chances on the PP as usual but the team was junk overall.
Doesn't help that they're on the tail end of a back-to-back and 3rd game in 4 days.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

Hell of a finish on that pass!

Do you know why he fell to us in the draft ?

I have a hard time understanding why so many teams passed on him.

Lacking a bit in size, skating didn't appear to make up for his lack of size, one-dimensional, some questioned his defensive ability and compete level.

These NCAA games have revealed that he's got a very lethal release, good stickhandling, not easy to knock off the puck, has a knack for finding open ice, and he's good defensively... when he wants to be lol. He can take and give a hit as well.

He's got serious top 6 potential but he's gotta up his compete level a bit and work a lot on his explosiveness/first step. I've noticed from watching him that he makes good reads but can't quite get to to where he needs to be quick enough to make the most of those reads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad