Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Holloway absolutely mugs a Mich. St. defenceman while forechecking, steals the puck and makes a perfect falling pass to Cole Caufield all alone. Wisconsin goes up 2-1 in the 3rd with the goal and can clinch the Big 10 championship with a win.

Reactions: North

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Holloway pressures, steals the puck as he falls down, passes it out in front to Cole Caufield, who buries his second of the night. 2-1.

If the Badgers win, they take top seed in the Big 10.

bekphnqftcb41.jpg

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
What a beautiful heads up pass by Holloway. As he's falling he has the hockey instincts to still fire the pass and knows where Caufield is. That's the sort of instinctive play that the Oilers don't have much of once you get past Mc-Drai.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
That's a great comp I haven't heard yet. I've always thought along the lines of Kreider but might like PLD even better

I actually am starting to lean towards liking your comparison of a young Kreider, better now lol

I forget players' styles fairly quickly if the Oilers aren't playing that player's team frequently, as I've missed 60-70% of Oilers' games during the past five or six years

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I want to see him in Oilers Silks this season. Work him in easy as a winger.

A) Drai - Mcdavid - Yams
Holloway - Nuge - Puljujarvi

B) Nuge- Mcdavid-Yams
Holloway- Drai - Pulju

C) Holloway - Mcdavid - Yams
Nuge- Drai - Pulju

D) Neal - Mcdavid - Yams
Kahun - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Holloway - Nuge - Kassian

Reactions: B33K33PING

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I want to see him in Oilers Silks this season. Work him in easy as a winger.

A) Drai - Mcdavid - Yams
Holloway - Nuge - Puljujarvi

B) Nuge- Mcdavid-Yams
Holloway- Drai - Pulju

C) Holloway - Mcdavid - Yams
Nuge- Drai - Pulju

D) Neal - Mcdavid - Yams
Kahun - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Holloway - Nuge - Kassian
"Work him in easy as a winger"
Has him in the top 6 in all but one of these.

Taking a rookie and throwing him in mid season in the top 6 is far from working him in easy.

I think if he decides not to return to Uni next year, he will finish the season in Bakersfield

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
"Work him in easy as a winger"
Has him in the top 6 in all but one of these.

Taking a rookie and throwing him in mid season in the top 6 is far from working him in easy.

I think if he decides not to return to Uni next year, he will finish the season in Bakersfield

I wouldn't mind having him in a bottom 6 NHL role to finish the season. Say, maybe on a line with Haas and Ennis or Chiasson?

Bottom 6:

Ennis-Khaira-Archibald
Holloway-Haas-Chiasson

or

Holloway-Haas-Ennis
Archibald-Khaira-Chiasson/Neal

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind having him in a bottom 6 NHL role to finish the season. Say, maybe on a line with Haas and Ennis or Chiasson?

Bottom 6:

Ennis-Khaira-Archibald
Holloway-Haas-Chiasson

or

Holloway-Haas-Ennis
Archibald-Khaira-Chiasson/Neal
I think there is next to no chance he plays in the NHL this season. They aren't going to have the kid come quarantine to maybe play a few games. If he decides to turn pro next season he will probably just fly down to Bakersfield.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think there is next to no chance he plays in the NHL this season. They aren't going to have the kid come quarantine to maybe play a few games. If he decides to turn pro next season he will probably just fly down to Bakersfield.

The quarantine thing is a good point. Yeah, he'll probably end up finishing the season in Bako, which is a good spot for him.

Reactions: JBear

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I hope not. I can see him pushing for an NHL spot out of camp next season and if not being a call up at least. I'd prefer to see him go pro once his season is done.
Only danger with that is you spend a cheap ELC year on what, 20 games?

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
NHL player there 100% and it wouldn't be the end of the world if he topped out as an Eric Cole clone on the wing. Power forward with speed and forechecking abilities but I still see a little Ryan Kesler in the player because of the potential in Holloway's checking abilities everywhere on the ice surface. I think he is best destined for the third line center position but not because he couldn't be a top six winger.

Dylan Holloway and Jujhar Khaira as 3A and 3B options for bottom six centers heading into the playoffs just might be what this team needs to catch lightning in a bottle and move up a weight class so they can scrap with the big boys.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
For this season? His contract would slide if he signed an ELC and played in Bakersfield after his season is over. He's only 19.
I think that slide rule only works if they sign the contract before they turn 19.

He would end up signing a ELC and then going to bakersfield on an ATO anyways and his ELC wouldnt start until next year.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad