2020 Cough-Season Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
OEL and Kuemper(50% retained) for Francouz, Compher, Zadorov, Newhook and Byram?
No that’s just so far off base of what Colorado’s going for.

I feel they’d have interest in Kuemper if he can be acquired with their 1st and something else but they aren’t looking to change the whole dynamic of their franchise. OEL is of no interest. Byram and Newhook are not going anywhere.

Kuemper for Jost + 1st
Kuemper + Demers for JTC/Donskoi + 1st

Those are the types of deals Colorado would be down for. Add a 2nd tier level prospect if needed but that’s the extent of change you’re going to see from the Colorado organization.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
A lot of Monopoly style trades being proposed here. I don't recall seeing many complete overhauls done in 1 trading season.

If we don't sign Hall, I see 1 major trade of OEL to Edmonton. OEL thrived under Tippett. I'm not sure what the return would be, but it would probably include multiple players of lesser value. I see Kuemper or Raanta, or both, gone.
If we do sign Hall, OEL goes to Edmonton for low priced and AHL players. Kessel and Fischer are gone. Kuemper and Raanta probably stay.
But what do I know?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No that’s just so far off base of what Colorado’s going for.

I feel they’d have interest in Kuemper if he can be acquired with their 1st and something else but they aren’t looking to change the whole dynamic of their franchise. OEL is of no interest. Byram and Newhook are not going anywhere.

Kuemper for Jost + 1st
Kuemper + Demers for JTC/Donskoi + 1st

Those are the types of deals Colorado would be down for. Add a 2nd tier level prospect if needed but that’s the extent of change you’re going to see from the Colorado organization.
That Kuemper for Francouz+JTC+25th deal seemed passable to me. I’m sure my Yotes comrades won’t agree. Haha.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That Kuemper for Francouz+JTC+25th deal seemed passable to me. I’m sure my Yotes comrades won’t agree. Haha.
Does Demers come too? We need some right handed PK’ing insurance on the back end since EJ doesn’t play full season’s.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like Jost + 1st.
I like Compher better because he’s a center. His strengths and weaknesses mirror Stepan’s fairly closely. Makes a much cheaper Stepan replacement if we can find a new home for Derek.

Jost strikes me as another offense-first, skilled winger, who’s slight frame and lack of gumption are causing major adaptability and consistency concerns in the NHL. I feel like we’ve already set the world record the last three seasons for cycling these types in and out and in and out.

EDIT: having said that, Jost has been working hard to improve and does have some upside. I just like the flexibility JTC provides when it comes to moving Stepan out.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

I mean, I wanted the same thing but with an RD added for Zadorov, who they probably are done with.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I like Jost + 1st.
I had Jost at 7th his draft year. Loved his shot. If he’s a C I would also think there is potential for a deal. I might want another small piece simply because I think the picks that could be available from other teams would net a player that I like better than at the 25 slot.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like Jost + 1st.

I had Jost at 7th his draft year. Loved his shot. If he’s a C I would also think there is potential for a deal. I might want another small piece simply because I think the picks that could be available from other teams would net a player that I like better than at the 25 slot.
What has Jost done for us to want him? He has done absolutely nothing in three years. If Jost was playing for the Yotes we would be looking to trade him. Jost and the 25th for Kuemper is nuts.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What has Jost done for us to want him? He has done absolutely nothing in three years. If Jost was playing for the Yotes we would be looking to trade him. Jost and the 25th for Kuemper is nuts.
That’s why I’d want more; especially if your scouts think he’s a winger.

I really liked Jost his draft year. He hasn’t progressed as expected.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Rangers fan coming in peace. What would the price be for Dvorak? I understand the issue is Arizona would be hesitant to give him up unless it was in a package for a better C. As the Rangers are constructed, Dvorak would be an amazing get for us.

I'm sick of spamming the main trade board, so I came here. I would be willing to overpay a bit if it came to that because his contract is really good for what he brings.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Rangers fan coming in peace. What would the price be for Dvorak? I understand the issue is Arizona would be hesitant to give him up unless it was in a package for a better C. As the Rangers are constructed, Dvorak would be an amazing get for us.

I'm sick of spamming the main trade board, so I came here. I would be willing to overpay a bit if it came to that because his contract is really good for what he brings.
Unless we are packing Dvorak to get a 1C I don’t see him available.

Reactions: Jakey53

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

It's not a fit because Dvorak is currently the top center for the Coyotes. Just let two walk in FA, and are eyeing trading the third.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Why don't you just put Stepan back with Krieder for choice much cheaper?

Can't see the Coyotes trading Dvorak with Stepan heading to UFA status and having no idea where Hayton is, and oh, yeah, no other NHL centers at all under contract.

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Dvorak has a great contract! I don't see the Rangers offering Zibanejad. His contract is also very cap friendly, but less years remaining.
I would like Dvorak back with Schmaltz, maybe bring in J Anderson for that #2 line.

Reactions: jay from jersey

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
So I was messing around with a completely unrealistic idea. If we could sell most of the roster for picks/prospects and do a sort of on the fly rebuild this offseason where we bring in a bunch of new vets as place holders, I wouldn't mind this. This assumes we take no roster players back and all the UFA's want to sign with this sorry sack.

Namestnikov - Dvorak - Garland
Keller - Hayton - Toffoli
Crouse - Ennis - Nichushkin
Grabner - Soderberg - Martin
Girgensons, Zykov

Chychrun - Shattenkirk
Del Zotto - Demers
Oesterle
- Hainsey/Soderstrom
Capobianco
, Lyubushkin

Kuemper
Raanta

I'd feel like we could make it to the playoffs and not get bounced around like a bunch of idiots even under RT. Toffoli, Martin and Shattenkirk are the 3 primary targets as well as getting rid of Stepan, OEL, Goligoski and Kessel. I really want Martin on this roster because hes a heart and soul guy. I don't know if he's vocal about that shit but we need someone who can come in and even when they are having a bad game, you can see them grinding their tail off to try and make up for it. Similar to Grabner but Martin plays a different style game. I also actively went out to add Russians to this roster because I want Namestikov and think adding a few of his fellow countrymen may be good for morale.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'd feel like we could make it to the playoffs and not get bounced around like a bunch of idiots even under RT.

Martin will likely retire with the Islanders vs moving. I don't know why Toffoli or Shattenkirk would sign here. And I don't see that bottom 6 making the playoffs tbh. Crouse makes more sense on that line with a center that can keep up.

Trading everyone without taking anyone back is a fun idea but it's really hard in a flat cap.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I really like the idea of hiring Hextall and then picking off Nolan Patrick from Philly. Hard to gauge what his value is however considering the migraine issue, and if he can even play anymore.
Patrick made me think about Kurt Sauer and The therapy he went through @ Brain State Technology

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Martin will likely retire with the Islanders vs moving. I don't know why Toffoli or Shattenkirk would sign here. And I don't see that bottom 6 making the playoffs tbh. Crouse makes more sense on that line with a center that can keep up.

Trading everyone without taking anyone back is a fun idea but it's really hard in a flat cap.
Oh yea this was just kind of a fun exercise throwing most realism to the wind. The roster we have today is probably the roster we start our next season with +/- a hand full of guys. I'm just a grump about losing those last 2 games the way we did along with shitting the 2nd half of our season down the drain. A coaching change would likely cure my roster flip itch.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Hope we're in on this.

Minny is looking for a center. Schmaltz? Cap hits and ages are close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad