Buffalo Bills 2020 Buffalo Bills Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Mahomes is definitely playing. It's wishful thinking to believe he is not.

Yeah, I didn't think for a second Mahomes wouldn't be playing in the AFCCG. Too big of a game with too many players depending on the payday for Mahomes to sit out.

Still, if the Bills want to be taken seriously, they need to outplay the best of the best. I think the Bills can win against the Chiefs with Mahomes playing. It'll come down to the wire, but I like their chances

Reactions: sabresfan129103

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Yeah, I didn't think for a second Mahomes wouldn't be playing in the AFCCG. Too big of a game with too many players depending on the payday for Mahomes to sit out.

Still, if the Bills want to be taken seriously, they need to outplay the best of the best. I think the Bills can win against the Chiefs with Mahomes playing. It'll come down to the wire, but I like their chances

It's not up to him. Even if he pleaded with everyone in the NFL, it still takes an outsider to give him the OK. The bolded is moot. This isn't a hip flexor or sprained ankle.

And no, I don't think there's any chance those doctors can be bought off. Their careers depend on being accurate and honest.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
It's not up to him. Even if he pleaded with everyone in the NFL, it still takes an outsider to give him the OK. The bolded is moot. This isn't a hip flexor or sprained ankle.

And no, I don't think there's any chance those doctors can be bought off. Their careers depend on being accurate and honest.
There’s more evidence pointing to him getting choked out than it being an actual concussion at this point, so it’s more likely than not that he will be playing.

explore

Jun 28, 2011

All he has to do is deny symptoms.

"Did you get dizzy. nauseous, have vision problems, or headaches?"

"Nope" rinse and repeat.

There was a quote from Peyton Manning that he used to purposefully answer questions wrong in his baseline assessment so it'd be easier for him to return to playing if he got a concussion.

Regardless, Mahomes is back to practicing without symptoms, so it's pretty much assured that he's going to get the go-ahead to play on Sunday: Patrick Mahomes remains in concussion protocol, 'took all the snaps' in light Chiefs practice (nfl.com)

Even before that, Andy Reid was saying Mahomes was perfectly ok shortly after the game. Mahomes is 100% playing

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
All he has to do is deny symptoms.

"Did you get dizzy. nauseous, have vision problems, or headaches?"

"Nope" rinse and repeat.

There was a quote from Peyton Manning that he used to purposefully answer questions wrong in his baseline assessment so it'd be easier for him to return to playing if he got a concussion.

Regardless, Mahomes is back to practicing without symptoms, so it's pretty much assured that he's going to get the go-ahead to play on Sunday: Patrick Mahomes remains in concussion protocol, 'took all the snaps' in light Chiefs practice (nfl.com)

Even before that, Andy Reid was saying Mahomes was perfectly ok shortly after the game. Mahomes is 100% playing
I don't think that's an accurate description of the concussion protocol tests.

As for the Peyton Manning comparison... the NFL had changed its approach to concussions considerably since he played.

I agree it looks like he will play.

explore

Jun 28, 2011
I don't think that's an accurate description of the concussion protocol tests.

As for the Peyton Manning comparison... the NFL had changed its approach to concussions considerably since he played.

I agree it looks like he will play.

No, it's definitely not accurate, but honestly reporting symptoms is a part of it

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I mean I don't buy that Mahomes would play or would be able to play no matter what but it was fairly clear the very next day that he had no issues (unless you buy Reid would lie about that so boldly), so I don't really understand why people have spent days wondering if he is gonna play. It wasn't even apparent that he actually had a concussion. Unless symptoms just suddenly appear he is gonna play.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I mean I don't buy that Mahomes would play or would be able to play no matter what but it was fairly clear the very next day that he had no issues (unless you buy Reid would lie about that so boldly), so I don't really understand why people have spent days wondering if he is gonna play. It wasn't even apparent that he actually had a concussion. Unless symptoms just suddenly appear he is gonna play.

I mean, I'm no neurologist, but the way he wobbled when he tried to stand up looked pretty damn concussiony.

Reactions: sabresEH

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am fine with Mahomes. To win it all you got to beat either Rodgers or Tom Brady, the goat and another top 5 all time QB..... we can do this. Buffalo hasn't even played their best in the postseason..they will Sunday.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I am oddly at ease with the upcoming game. Pre wild card I was extremely nervous, hoping that the best regular season in franchise history would not go up in flames in the first round. After beating the Colts and finding out the Ravens were next I was still a little apprehensive but not as nervous knowing that they got the proverbial monkey off our back ending the playoff win drought. And now, going up against the defending Super Bowl champions at Arrowhead only 1 win away from a Super Bowl I am now calm and at peace. I actually am happy we have the Chiefs instead of the Browns. The Bills for the most part outside of the few Allen/Bills defenders have been the underdog, the team that gets totally disrespected throughout the entire season no matter what they do.

Before the season even with the Patriots not being considered the pre season division favorites the Bills were not the overwhelming favorites for the division. A lot of people had Miami and even New England with Newton as the pre season champs. I would say it was 40% Bills and 60% Patriots/Dolphins.

Then the first 4 weeks, Allen and the Bills were not given any respect. They said Allen has to prove it isn't a flash in the pan and that he will revert back to his inaccurate ways. That didn't happen. After a bad 2 game loss streak where they faced 2 elite teams in games that included covid related scheduling snafus, awful weather, inconsistent execution to go with the cherry on top, Josh having a separated shoulder that would have had any other QB in this league sitting at least 1 game, if not both.

Now being 4-2 and making the Bills/Allen haters rubbing their hands in glee they annointed Miami as the premier team in the division even though they were still a game behind. We were told how the offense has now returned to norm, that week 17 would be where Miami wins the division and that the Bills were just paper tigers and a flash in the pan.

All that ensued the last 10 games was one of the best 10 game stretches in recent league history. A 10 game stretch where we scored 34.5 PPG and went 9-1 and were a fluke play away from running the table.

And yet after a regular season where they tied the franchise best record, scored 500+ points which was another franchise record, nearly finished 1st in scoring only behind Green Bay (who had a 24th hardest SoS compared to Buffalos TWELTH (12) HARDEST) and Allen shattering every single franchise passing record the Bills still were not getting nearly the amount of respect they deserved. No one expected them to make it past a Baltimore/Tennessee and half thought that about Indy. But here we are.

Yes, here we are. One game to go. One game away from being in the Super Bowl. We were not supposed to be here. This was supposed to be Mahomes vs Lamar. We were told our run D would be gashed to hell and Lamar would tear holes in the D. All that happened was Lamar had his worst offensive game in his career. 3 points.

Whatever happens, happens. We are right where we have been the entire year, as the underdog. I feel we can and will win. But whatever does happen I am glad to have been able to experience and talk about this thrilling season long ride with all of you.

Well said!

I was thinking before the season that I'd be happy with a 10-6 record, a WC berth, and Allen progressing into being a top 10-13ish QB. Bills blew by that and Allen looks like a stud.

As for playoffs, I wanted one win at the very least, ideally 2. Would it be amazing if the Bills went all the way? Sure. But to me, at this point, they're playing with house money. IMO, the only way I'll be irritated with a loss is if they severely underperform on either side of the ball. If the offense puts up 35+ and they lose because the Chiefs offense goes nuclear, it'll be hard to be upset. That being said, I feel a bit better about the game with Beasley being off the injury report. If he's closer to 100% than he was in the past 2 weeks, that could be huge--seems like Allen's missed having him there for those quick 5-8 yard underneath completions to stay ahead of the sticks.

Whatever happens Sunday, it's been a hell of a season and--knock on wood, fingers crossed--it looks sustainable for future years, too. Here's hoping this year's ride continues, though. Go Bills

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It is also mind boggling that our QB of the defense in Edmunds is a 2x pro bowler finishing his 3rd season and is the 4th youngest Bill on the roster. And of the three younger, only Gabriel Davis is actually impactful. The other two are our emergency QB in Fromm and Epenesa who is still a project.

We need repeat performances by Milano and Edmunds Sunday to advance. I think they will be up for the task.

I think this one is another close defensive minded game but if it does become a shoot out I think we have the slight advantage. Mahomes is hobbled with more then one injury. Get after him in the backfield and get him moving so he has to put pressure on that toe. Make it so that he is running around in the pocket early so that he is in discomfort the entire game.

Just beat these guys. Please. Chief fans are f***ing so insufferable that I regret ever cheering for them last year. They act like Patriot fans post 2003. Beating them would feel so so good.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It's been a great ride regardless of the outcome on Sunday. We have our franchise QB, a good GM, and a good coach. We're set for the future unless something uncanny happens like Allen becomes injury prone.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad