Buffalo Bills 2020 Buffalo Bills Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Chargers easily. Franchise QB? check. High end WR1? Check . Dual threat RB? check . Superstar pass rusher? Check. To go with good pieces like Williams, Ingram and James.I would stay far away from Houston. Watson is a mess and they have no draft capital.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Interesting.

I expect it to be a depth signing a la Stills. He's been injured recently too.

He doesnt strike me as a Moss replacement. The one thing he might offer is some pass catching ability - which is what Yeldon is supposed to be for.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Interesting.

I expect it to be a depth signing a la Stills. He's been injured recently too.

He doesnt strike me as a Moss replacement. The one thing he might offer is some pass catching ability - which is what Yeldon is supposed to be for.

Just a body at this point. I think he's washed up.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Just a body at this point. I think he's washed up.

Yep - i don't think he plays a role. Just like Stills though he's a body with an experienced head. If the injury bug hits it's insurance.

Like @SundherDome says i dont think he's totally done. Just not a starter anymore. And unlikely to learn the scheme in time to usurp any of the other guys.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Freeman's addition to the PS also indicates (to me at least) that Williams will likely get called up to the main roster.

Beyond that it doesn't say anything about usage but i expect him to be part of the game day squad.

Reactions: brian_griffin

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I also saw in one of the links from yesterday that our AGM Joe Schoen interviewed with Carolina.
Fingers crossed no more than 1 of these guys gets poached, because anyone who leaves is probably taking others with them, and that could leave a whole bunch of vacancies.

That would suck for sure, but, for the first time ever, or for as long as I can remember, Buffalo seems like it could be a destination for people looking to further their career or look to win for players AND coaching candidates. I'm sure it's not lost on anybody the atmosphere of the team and how much the guys show that they love one another and the respect the coaches have for the players and vice versa. Players talk to one another, I could see some guys now including Buffalo in their list of teams to go to, as well as coaching staff personnel. I think that bodes well if the coaching staff is looking for guys to replace others. I don't think it's the bottom of the barrel options anymore.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I also saw in one of the links from yesterday that our AGM Joe Schoen interviewed with Carolina.
Fingers crossed no more than 1 of these guys gets poached, because anyone who leaves is probably taking others with them, and that could leave a whole bunch of vacancies.

I agree, losing multiple personnel would be a big issue for the team

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm not sure an AGM leaving for a GM position is even allowed to 'gut' his former team. It's one thing to let a guy interview and leave for an upgraded position, but wouldnt Buffalo have to give permission for him to 'take' more personel if they are under contract? I guess they could resign or something, but how often does that happen?

Reactions: Waterfowlist

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I'm not sure an AGM leaving for a GM position is even allowed to 'gut' his former team. It's one thing to let a guy interview and leave for an upgraded position, but wouldnt Buffalo have to give permission for him to 'take' more personel if they are under contract? I guess they could resign or something, but how often does that happen?
And more to the point, why would they leave with the #2 in charge instead of staying with the guy at the helm. The #2 leaving creates a vacancy that is often filled from within house.

To me it is like worrying about the back-up QB when you have an elite starter. Yeah, it could be important, but so long as you have the right guy at the top it doesn't matter.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad