Buffalo Bills 2020 Buffalo Bills Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
You are correct. I'd bring him in.

There's no chance he's going to pick up the scheme in such a short period of time.

Devonta Freeman is already on the PS for insurance purposes. I know he's a different type of player to Ingram but the point stands.

Anyone coming in at this stage with even a hope of contributing would need familiarity - such as Kumerow.

Reactions: Husko

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
There's no chance he's going to pick up the scheme in such a short period of time.

Devonta Freeman is already on the PS for insurance purposes. I know he's a different type of player to Ingram but the point stands.

Anyone coming in at this stage with even a hope of contributing would need familiarity - such as Kumerow.

Wouldn't need to know the entire offense to contribute. Would be a good short-term replacement for Moss.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Wouldn't need to know the entire offense to contribute. Would be a good short-term replacement for Moss.

I disagree.

A guy like Williams who has been with the team all year - a guy who knows the scheme inside out - is likely to be more effective imo.

It's a moot point though because i don't see much running happening outside of Allen scrambles.

Reactions: Eichel9

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Can someone please confirm - I think in the October Bills-Chiefs game Bell was signed, but could not play yet, correct? Sunday will be first time he faced the Bills with KC this season?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
97 Rock spurs Dash's to remove Kansas City barbecue sauce from shelves before Bills game

In front of a small gap on the shelves at Dash's Market on Hertel Avenue is a miniature sign that reads: "Dash's is taking KC down in the aisles so the Bills can take them down on the field!" Dash's has removed the Heinz brand of the Kansas City barbecue sauce from the shelves at all four locations, but the sauce is available if customers request it.

That would be like KC boycotting Buffalo Wild Wings. It lacks authenticity. :laugh:

"We talked to radio guys in Kansas City, and some other people in Kansas City, who were like, 'Good for you, because that stuff sucks!' " Gaenzler said.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Can someone please confirm - I think in the October Bills-Chiefs game Bell was signed, but could not play yet, correct? Sunday will be first time he faced the Bills with KC this season?

he signed on Friday before the game on Monday. He wasn’t ready to play against buffalo.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

That is actually interesting since a bunch of years ago I saw a kick hit a post then go off that camera they have in the middle and back into the field, they called it no good, but reversed it, which was the right thing to do.

But if by the rule book it has to completely cross the plane and that camera was so close the deflection prevented it from crossing the line would it actually be good?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
That is actually interesting since a bunch of years ago I saw a kick hit a post then go off that camera they have in the middle and back into the field, they called it no good, but reversed it, which was the right thing to do.

But if by the rule book it has to completely cross the plane and that camera was so close the deflection prevented it from crossing the line would it actually be good?
I suspect if the camera was itself fully beyond the plane of the upright (which it damn well better be) the kick would be ruled good since it hit a foreign object beyond the goalposts.

EDIT: I mean, I suspect the cameras aren't allowed to be within a football's length of the crossbar anyway, to avoid such a scenario. They'd always be placed such that if the ball hit it, it would already be fully through.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
re: pro football talk. they put the bills at #1 in their end of season power rankings. but then both florio and simms pick the ravens last week. then they both pick the chiefs this week. i'll take their treachery as a sign of good luck.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
97 Rock spurs Dash's to remove Kansas City barbecue sauce from shelves before Bills game

In front of a small gap on the shelves at Dash's Market on Hertel Avenue is a miniature sign that reads: "Dash's is taking KC down in the aisles so the Bills can take them down on the field!" Dash's has removed the Heinz brand of the Kansas City barbecue sauce from the shelves at all four locations, but the sauce is available if customers request it.

That would be like KC boycotting Buffalo Wild Wings. It lacks authenticity. :laugh:

"We talked to radio guys in Kansas City, and some other people in Kansas City, who were like, 'Good for you, because that stuff sucks!' " Gaenzler said.
Seems sort of stupid when so many establishments like this are struggling. If a Buffalo restaurant wanted to sell an Andy Reid burger, at this point, I'd be on board so long as they could keep the bottom line afloat.

Also, why so much talk about signing an RB? Buffalo will never, ever go after an RB who doesn't make the vet min. or is on their rookie contract. The league has moved on from that stuff. Aaron Jones is an anomaly and a product of a great system/line. I respect him, but the consensus among successful teams seems to be avoiding veteran RBs who have tread on the tires. I hope Freeman never sees the light of day for us, or any RB next year that isn't a rookie or on a rookie contract.

Reactions: Husko

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
That’s cute, ESPN+ predicts dolphins will win the division next year.

In the words of Liam Neeson, good luck.

That articles reasoning was dumb. They mention the close bills games and how the Bills point differential is due to the end of the year blow outs. It doesn’t factor in the Bills fixed their half time adjustments so the third quarter meltdown was gone.

Also mentioned oline will get hit in FA but it shouldn’t be too bad.

Will they do 13-3 with a 1 schedule? Probably not, but doubtful they drop a ton.

Reactions: EmeraldCitySabre

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Thats not true

Same thing happened with a Packers Olineman that played against us with the Colts. If the Bills play the Packers in the Super Bowl he could be the first player eliminated from the playoffs twice by the same team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad