2020-21 World Junior Championships Draft

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I tend to be of the mindset that if it's not broken, there's no need to fix it. With 8 teams, we're already stretched pretty thin by the end and while Team Leftovers always finds a gem or two, it's already tough enough finding that 3rd defenceman or 5th forward, let alone doing that with potentially 18 other players selected as well.

What's the benefit of adding more teams? If there's enough interest, I would just pitch people create a 2nd pool.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
se.png
at.png
fi.png
sk.png
us.png
ca.png
ru.png
de.png
cz.png
ch.png

14th Annual HFOil WJHC Draft | 2021
»»-¤- Team Bar Down -¤-««

PositionPlayer NameNationalityGoalsAssistsPoints
FConnor McMichael
ca.png
---
FVasili Podkolzin
ru.png
---
FPeyton Krebs
ca.png
---
FPhilip Tomasino
ca.png
---
FDylan Holloway
ca.png
---
DPhilip Broberg
se.png
---
DTopi Niemela
fi.png
---
DJustin Barron
ca.png
---
Goalie NameNationalityWinsShutoutsOT/SOLPoints
ca.png
----
Grand Total:--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I tend to be of the mindset that if it's not broken, there's no need to fix it. With 8 teams, we're already stretched pretty thin by the end and while Team Leftovers always finds a gem or two, it's already tough enough finding that 3rd defenceman or 5th forward, let alone doing that with potentially 18 other players selected as well.

What's the benefit of adding more teams? If there's enough interest, I would just pitch people create a 2nd pool.

I fully agree and it's that much more difficult to win a this pool. 8 teams + leftovers has been decent. Tradition.

Some years they have another pool going on in hf oil I've noticed.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Damn.

I believe I am the only one left who needs a forward but feels like I am picking from the scrap heap.
It's tough this year just because there is so little info out there about line combos. Holmstrom has the draft pedigree and I like that he's been playing in men's leagues but I have no clue if he'll slot in on Sweden's 2nd line/powerplay or play further down the lineup!

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It's tough this year just because there is so little info out there about line combos. Holmstrom has the draft pedigree and I like that he's been playing in men's leagues but I have no clue if he'll slot in on Sweden's 2nd line/powerplay or play further down the lineup!

On one hand, Holmstrom doing absolutely zero in the Allsvenskan is a bad sign.

On the other, Sweden's depth is poor enough that he's probably line 2 anyways, so I was targeting him.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I am going to gamble on this one, since I am lucky to get a point form my 9th round pick I stand much to gain and little to lose. I select Simon Kubicek D Czechia.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Ah...I have 3 screens usually open. 1 with our overall draft, 1 with my picks and 1 with research. I screwed up the other night cause I was trying to do it on my laptop.

I have spread sheets dedicated to the draft. Players average draft position through multiple other online drafts, even our own stats pages with our all time teams, points per round average, and top picks per round........I got bored waiting for my picks lol.

Reactions: lakai17

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I have spread sheets dedicated to the draft. Players average draft position through multiple other online drafts, even our own stats pages with our all time teams, points per round average, and top picks per round........I got bored waiting for my picks lol.

What was Elmer soderbloms average draft position?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad