2020-21 World Junior Championships Draft

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Team Soli selects Kasper Simontaival (FIN).

Taking all the King's men.

@Paralyzer008

As above, I'm okay with re-picks (especially given COVID) but how does everyone else feel?

I think if a selection gets injured or gets COVID, they should be allowed to re-pick at soonest convenience.

Any other reason, you have to wait until the end of the draft to make a change in selection.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Paralyzer008 is proud to select...

From Team Russia, forward Egor Afanasyev

and

From Team Canada, D-man Thomas Harley

@Soli

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Team Soli selects Kasper Simontaival (FIN).

Taking all the King's men.

@Paralyzer008

I think if a selection gets injured or gets COVID, they should be allowed to re-pick at soonest convenience.

Any other reason, you have to wait until the end of the draft to make a change in selection.
I can agree with that. Are we good going with immediate re-selection in the event of COVID/injury, and a re-selection at the end of the draft (before an allotted time so Team Leftovers has time) in any other situation.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Team Soli selects Shakir Mukhamadullin D (RUS)

@BoldNewLettuce

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I can agree with that. Are we good going with immediate re-selection in the event of COVID/injury, and a re-selection at the end of the draft (before an allotted time so Team Leftovers has time) in any other situation.

I think that handles most unforseen situations.

I agree with @Paralyzer008 it needs to be a confirmed positive. JJ Peterka should stand as a selection until he's deemed unfit to play.

Since we're having our Board of Govenors meeting, I don't see how we can add two more teams to the draft.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Team Soli selects Shakir Mukhamadullin D (RUS)

@BoldNewLettuce
You're following in my tradition of selecting Russian defencemen with really long last names and hoping they get powerplay points. I might end up regretting not choosing another defenceman earlier, as the pickings are getting pretty slim.

With regards to two other teams, it would definitely thin things out a lot. This year in particular with all the players who've dropped out, things aren't looking crazy deep. I'm good keeping the draft at 8 teams if everyone else is as well.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
You're following in my tradition of selecting Russian defencemen with really long last names and hoping they get powerplay points. I might end up regretting not choosing another defenceman earlier, as the pickings are getting pretty slim.

With regards to two other teams, it would definitely thin things out a lot. This year in particular with all the players who've dropped out, things aren't looking crazy deep. I'm good keeping the draft at 8 teams if everyone else is as well.

That's why I scooped up York when I did I feared we would go on a D man soon.

I agree if a player gets injured or is declared unfit to play prior to the tournament then we should make our replacement picks at our earliest convenience. In the past after the tournament starts any player that got sick or injured could not be replaced. I was wondering if we were going to make a special circumstance for covid cases when it starts. It is a slippery slope as I know. But if everyone is in agreement that we keep it the same I am game, just thought we best have the talk before the tournament started. As mentioned we do need to give a deadline so JTS can make his picks.

As for adding teams, I am not opposed to adding teams as there are several 10 team drafts over on the World Juniors Board and they always seem to make it work. It would require though that everyone is committed to keeping a steady pace. It would also force us to draft from teams like Slovakia, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland more often. Could you imagine how a Dominik Bokk or a Philipp Kurashev would have helped a lot of teams.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

It's tough to get info this year, but his 5 man unit gives me hope, and maybe there's a deal with the Devils where they greased the wheels so they can see their 1st rounder good.

I don't feel great about my team this year. :help:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'll take Canadian goaltender Devon Levi. Here's hoping the goaltenders stay in this order to start the tournament haha:

EpoSp7bVQAAENqi

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I'll take Canadian goaltender Devon Levi. Here's hoping the goaltenders stay in this order to start the tournament haha:

EpoSp7bVQAAENqi

I was wondering who was going to luck out and get him this late, most people have him pegged as the starter backed up by Gauthier.

With the 51th pick I will select Roni Hirvonen F Finland. Lambert and Hirvonen appear to be the wingers on the second line so I am hoping they will rack up some combined points for me.

Reactions: lakai17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad