2020-21 World Junior Championships Draft

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Team Paralyzer008 finishes off the draft by selecting...

from Team Russia

Ultimate super sleeper Russian spy ARSENI GRITSYUK

Reactions: lakai17

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I thought we couldn't. Thought we could only drop if injured
I'm honestly not sure what we've done in the past. I know there was one year where I wanted to drop a player but I can't remember if we decided it was allowed or not.

Any other thoughts on the issue? This year of all years, it might make sense to finalize rosters just because we've had so much limited info and with a rush of info coming from these exhibition games, it could turn into a race to snag some surprise players.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'd like to change a pick or two.

So fun thing is I looked and this exact question got asked last year - by you :laugh:

You wanted to dump Pinto (good thing you didn't do that) but after Lundell's injury, you never made a move end of the day that was non-injury related.

Last year I did the research and in the last six years, we did 1 post-draft roster change that was not health related, which was Cerebral dumping Jordan Greenway for Aapeli Rasanen, pre-Team Leftovers.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
So fun thing is I looked and this exact question got asked last year - by you :laugh:

You wanted to dump Pinto (good thing you didn't do that) but after Lundell's injury, you never made a move end of the day that was non-injury related.

Sounds like it's in your guys best interest to let me tinker myself into ruin then!

I can't imagine atleast on of us in the Canadian goaltender trio isn't going to want to pivot.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Sounds like it's in your guys best interest to let me tinker myself into ruin then!

I can't imagine atleast on of us in the Canadian goaltender trio isn't going to want to pivot.

that’s the risk of a draft. If we were going to allow replacements picks that were not cut/injured we would need a waiver wire system, which would be a little to complex to establish this late. It could also cause issues of collision where a couple teams could work together to make 1 super team.

We have all had times where we have drafted duds. I had 1 year where 3 of my players were suspended others where picks didn’t crack the lineup and players that were supposed to be the starters lose their jobs during the pre tournament games. In all of these cases the opportunity to change players were denied. That’s just they way it goes.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
that’s the risk of a draft. If we were going to allow replacements picks that were not cut/injured we would need a waiver wire system, which would be a little to complex to establish this late. It could also cause issues of collision where a couple teams could work together to make 1 super team.

We have all had times where we have drafted duds. I had 1 year where 3 of my players were suspended others where picks didn’t crack the lineup and players that were supposed to be the starters lose their jobs during the pre tournament games. In all of these cases the opportunity to change players were denied. That’s just they way it goes.
Yeah, I don't really know what a good answer is to this problem. I knew I at least asked to make a switch years ago, but I couldn't remember if it went through or not.

The issue comes down to what Head Crusher mentioned about requiring a waiver system. As an example, after the Canada game today we might get more info as to who will be the official starter. If that's the case, which of the three teams who has a Canadian goaltender gets priority in terms of making a switch? Is it first come first serve?

I had the idea in my head of doing a final "round" following the snake draft order, where each team can make a replacement pick or choose to pass. While that would be at least equal for everyone, the challenge is that it adds another round to the draft and in a "normal" year where we're getting down to the wire to finish the draft, it would potentially push us over. Likewise, a lot of people will want to wait until the very last second to make a potential switch as they're waiting for news on players.

My vote for this year is to not allow switches, and that we should revisit after the tournament to come up with a hard and fast rule for next year.

Reactions: The Head Crusher

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, I don't really know what a good answer is to this problem. I knew I at least asked to make a switch years ago, but I couldn't remember if it went through or not.

The issue comes down to what Head Crusher mentioned about requiring a waiver system. As an example, after the Canada game today we might get more info as to who will be the official starter. If that's the case, which of the three teams who has a Canadian goaltender gets priority in terms of making a switch? Is it first come first serve?

I had the idea in my head of doing a final "round" following the snake draft order, where each team can make a replacement pick or choose to pass. While that would be at least equal for everyone, the challenge is that it adds another round to the draft and in a "normal" year where we're getting down to the wire to finish the draft, it would potentially push us over. Likewise, a lot of people will want to wait until the very last second to make a potential switch as they're waiting for news on players.

My vote for this year is to not allow switches, and that we should revisit after the tournament to come up with a hard and fast rule for next year.

I think his is the best course of action, go with what we have done for years for this year and revisit it after the tournament.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
The only solution is a draft within a draft.

We all do a secret draft of a player we think Soli will take and the winner has the option of denying Soli that player.

I mean.....if it wasnt obvious.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
The only solution is a draft within a draft.

We all do a secret draft of a player we think Soli will take and the winner has the option of denying Soli that player.

I mean.....if it wasnt obvious.
I like it! :D

I'm not against having a "replacement player" rule in place at the end of the draft, but we'd need to have something that's fair and low maintenance in order to make it work. I also don't mind the idea of just having a blanket no replacements outside of injury/illness, and thus putting the more of an emphasis on the actual draft.

Reactions: BarDownBobo

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Well, it's that time of year again!

Last Year’s Scoring:

OT: - 2019-20 World Junior Championships Draft Scoring

Previous Winners:
2019-20: lakai17
2018-19: Soli
2017-18: Soli
2016-17: Paralyzer008
2015-16: Paralyzer008
2014-15: Lord J T Shark
2013-14: DousedInOil
2012-13: lakai17
2011-12: Cerebral/Soli
2010-11: Cerebral
2009-10: Traktor
2008-09: 40oz
2007-08: Cerebral

If you're interested in joining this year, send me a PM or leave a message in here! Past members will likely be given priority if they're interested in signing up.

The games start on Christmas Day this year so I suspect we'll want to start drafting in three or four days in order to ensure we finish on time.

1. McGhostbuster
  2. Cerebral
  3. The Head Crusher
  4. lakai17
  5. BarDownBobo
  6. BoldNewLettuce
  7. Soli
  8. Paralyzer008

Team Leftovers: JTS

Round 1:

1. McGhostbuster: Kirby Dach F (CAN) REPLACEMENT: Dawson Mercer F (CAN)
2. Cerebral: Dylan Cozens F (CAN)
3. The Head Crusher: Trevor Zegras F (USA)
4. lakai17: Lucas Raymond F (SWE)
5. BarDownBobo: Connor McMichael F (CAN)
6. BoldNewLettuce: Quinton Byfield F (CAN)
7. Soli: Bowen Byram D (CAN)
8. Paralyzer008: Yaroslav Askarov G (RUS)

Round 2:
9. Paralyzer008: Ville Heinola D (FIN)
10. Soli: Anton Lundell F (FIN)
11. BoldNewLettuce: Cole Caufield F (USA)
12. BarDownBobo: Vasili Podkolzin F (RUS)
13. lakai17: Dylan Garand G (CAN)
14. The Head Crusher: Spencer Knight G (USA)
15. Cerebral: Alexander Holtz F (SWE)
16. McGhostbuster: Tim Stutzle F (GER)

Round 3:
17. McGhostbuster: Joel Blomqvist G (FIN)
18. Cerebral: Jamie Drysdale D (CAN)
19. The Head Crusher: Rodion Amirov F (RUS)
20. lakai17: Cole Perfetti F (CAN
21. BarDownBobo: Peyton Krebs F (CAN)
22. BoldNewLettuce: Hugo Alnefelt G (SWE)
23. Soli: Marat Khusnutdinov F (RUS)
24. Paralyzer008: Alex Turcotte F (USA)

Round 4:
25. Paralyzer008: Victor Soderstrom D (SWE)
26. Soli: Arthur Kaliyev F (USA)
27. BoldNewLettuce: Teddy Neiderbach F (SWE)
28. BarDownBobo: Philip Broberg D (SWE)
29. lakai17: Yegor Chinakhov F (RUS)
30. The Head Crusher: Cam York D (USA)
31. Cerebral: Alex Newhook F (CAN)
32. McGhostbuster: Jake Sanderson D (USA)

Round 5:
33. McGhostbuster: Connor Zary F (CAN)
34. Cerebral: Jack Quinn F (CAN)
35. The Head Crusher: Matthew Boldy F (USA)
36. lakai17: John Peterka F (GER)
37. BarDownBobo: Philip Tomasino F (CAN)
38. BoldNewLettuce: Roby Jarventie F (FIN)
39. Soli: Kasper Simontaival F (FIN)
40. Paralyzer008: Egor Afanaseyev F (RUS)

Round 6:
41. Paralyzer008: Thomas Harley D (CAN)
42. Soli: Shakir Mukhamadullin D (RUS)
43. BoldNewLettuce: Braden Schneider D (CAN)
44. BarDownBobo: Topi Niemela D (FIN)
45. lakai17: Marco Rossi F (AUS)
46. The Head Crusher: Brad Lambert F (FIN)
47. Cerebral: Albert Johansson D (SWE)
48. McGhostbuster: Tobias Bjornfot D (SWE)

Round 7:
49. McGhostbuster: Jan Mysak F (CZE)
50. Cerebral: Devon Levi G (CAN)
51. The Head Crusher: Roni Hirvonen F (FIN)
52. lakai17: Martin Hugo Has D (CZE)
53. BarDownBobo: Dylan Holloway F ( CAN)
54. BoldNewLettuce: Mikko Kokkonen D (FIN)
55. Soli: Matthew Beniers F (USA)
56. Paralyzer008: Jakob Pelletier F (CAN)

Round 8:
57. Paralyzer008: Noel Gunler F (SWE)
58. Soli: Taylor Gauthier G (CAN)
59. BoldNewLettuce: Elmer Soderblom F (SWE)
60. BarDownBobo: Justin Barron D (CAN)
61. lakai17: Artemi Kniazev D (RUS)
62. The Head Crusher: Henry Thrun D (USA)
63. Cerebral: Kaiden Guhle D (CAN)
64. McGhostbuster: Bobby Brink F (USA)

Round 9:
65. McGhostbuster: Daniil Chayka D (RUS)
66. Cerebral: Simon Holmstrom F (SWE)
67. The Head Crusher: Simon Kubicek D (CZE)
68. lakai17: Stanislav Svozil D (CZE)
69. BarDownBobo: Kari Piironen G (FIN)
70. BoldNewLettuce: Samuel Knazko D (SVK)
71. Soli: Jackson Lacombe D (USA)
72. Paralyzer008: Arseni Gritsyuk F (RUS)

Teddy Niederbach-Quinton Byfield – Cole Caufield

Mikko Koskinen-Braden Scheinder

Hugo Anefelt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->