us.png
----
Grand Total:--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
My team would almost be good except for the Byfield gamble. He best work his way up the lineup.

Not sure who else I would have gone with though......Holtz maybe.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Getting sniped to death...

But...

Paralyzer008 is proud to select...from TEAM CANADA, FORWARD JAKOB PELLETIER!

and is also proud to select....from TEAM SWEDEN, FORWARD NOEL GUNLER!

@Soli thanks for sniping me

Reactions: Soli

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Unless....goalies could be drafted twice.

Either way, has Canada announced a starter? Because it looks like you, Cerebral and Lakai are all just rolling the dice.

Most people have Levi but it is pretty shaky, not as solid as an Askarov, Knight or Alnefelt. Last year I got Canada’s main goalie as a leftover in Hofer. But there are still plenty of goalies out there that could get points, probably more the the backup goalies of the major nations. Though it does suck that the relegation games aren’t being played, that made the starters for an Austria or Germany a lot more appealing.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Unless....goalies could be drafted twice.

Either way, has Canada announced a starter? Because it looks like you, Cerebral and Lakai are all just rolling the dice.

We won't know until a few days before game time before they announce the goaltender I believe. One of us will luck out and the backup will definitely get 2-3 games in I believe. All three goalies can take the job, I'm just a big Garand fan so had to pick him up early.

Being under heavy pressure I needed to gamble early on.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe. I guess it depends on the year. It seems somewhat common for backups to take the job. Maybe that's just Canada.

And Russia, I seem to recall. Remember Sorokin and Samsonov. Finland did that to me as well back in 14/15 with Saros. We often overlook goalies from Czechia, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia, and Austria in favor of the backups from Canada, US, Sweden, Finland, and Russia.

Last year Hane from got Cerebral 10 points (mostly from those relegation games). Luca Hollenstien from Switzerland went undrafted and would have recorded 4 points, the same as Spencer Knight who was a first round pick last year (I know I drafted him in the second round this year so I am a little hypocritical here). Heck that even after he went undrafted in 2019 and put up 8 points (2 wins and 2 shutout) and would have been tied for the lead in goalie points with Cayden Primeau and Pyotr Kochetkov (a back up who took the starting job from Daniil Tarasov).

I think there are plenty of goalies to be had out there and that isn't a reason why we should not at least consider expanding. It just means we have to consider whether we want to risk waiting on goalies and having to choose between a backup stealing a job or a non major teams goalie or selecting a goalie early and hoping for risk potentially losing out on a skate.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
We won't know until a few days before game time before they announce the goaltender I believe. One of us will luck out and the backup will definitely get 2-3 games in I believe. All three goalies can take the job, I'm just a big Garand fan so had to pick him up early.

Being under heavy pressure I needed to gamble early on.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown, eh? ;)

Reactions: lakai17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad