Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The defense of this move that i read is well this way the Wings can move Svechnikov to the taxi quad or the AHL again if needed but thats not what you do with young players who played reasonably well. Thats what you do with AHL caliber veteran players. From what i've seen he's been decent since the Wings brought Svechnikov back up. Early in the year sure he's been injured a ton and alot of guys are on waivers but now ? I don't see a reason for a team with some injury problem not to take a flyer on Svetchnikov. If he doesn't work out just waive him again just don't extend him at the end of the year.

Wings should waive Darren Helm . Nobody picks up that contract.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Svechnikov is someone i could see picked up. He's cheap and still has some upside. Former first round pick from 2015. Not sure why he's on waivers.

Rangers love bloodlines. but they don't even have ice time for Kravstov. too much bad depth on the team.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd take Svechnikov on the Stars over Tanner Kero or Justin Dowling who slot in way too often because of injuries. Stars even have some russian buddies for him to hang out with.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think odds are Svech is a fringer NHL/AHL tweener who eventually goes back to Russia. But I'd rather roll the dice that he's more than that and play him over the Sam Gagners, Darren Helms and other flotsam on the roster.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd have claimed Svechnikov . He's cheap enough with maybe still some upside. Gurianov also took forever to become an NHL player and Svechnikov is from the same Draft.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Are teams not claiming players because of covid protocol or just being boring like always?
Probably a culmination of a lot of things. Covid being one thing, contract and teams not willing to add salary being another. Using up a contract slot on is a factor for some teams.
For the most part, when a player hits waivers, a team will already have two or three of a very similar player already so they don't need another one.

It seems that most of the time, a claim is put in when an injury happens, and often, you'll see that player back on waivers a month later and clears

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Are teams not claiming players because of covid protocol or just being boring like always?
The Flat Cap, the bottle neck for 4th/5th place with this year's playoff model, the taxi squad having teams w larger rosters, the minor/junior teams/leagues shut down - lots of reasons even fewer claims than typical. But i also think almost all teams already have comparable guys to the waived guys.
But back to Flat Cap, it really discourages adding salary without shedding at same time..

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad