Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Mete and Vats might have value once they clear.
especially Vats who @50% and able to be stashed on the taxi squad can be decent depth for playoff teams

Reactions: uncleben

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Mete and Vats might have value once they clear.
especially Vats who @50% and able to be stashed on the taxi squad can be decent depth for playoff teams
Won't he be cleared too late for the deadline though?
I could be wrong, this league has so many rules that I'm fuzzy on

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

If claimed by any team he would still be ineligible to play in the NHL for the remainder of the season, including playoffs.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Here's what may have happened with McCormick:

1) McCormick last cleared waivers on Jan 21st.
2) Yesterday was the 10th game McCormick has played in while on Emergency Recall since clearing waivers. Meaning his waiver clearance has expired.
3) Players on Emergency Recall must be returned to the Taxi/AHL when the injury causing the emergency is over.
4) Teams can also use 4 Regular Recalls after the Trade Deadline.
5) So Carolina has the choice (a) placing McCormick on waivers before sending him to the taxi squad, or (b) Using one of the 4 Regular Recalls to convert McCormick to a non-emergency roster player.
6) However, it looks like Carolina may have already used all 4 of their Regular Recalls. Ryan/Bean (APR26), Bean (APR15), Gadiner(APR12). Though it's possible the April 15th Bean was an Emergency Recall.
7) If Carolina is out of Regular Recalls then the only option available to them is (a) place McCormick on waivers before returning him to the taxi squad.

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Here's what may have happened with McCormick:

1) McCormick last cleared waivers on Jan 21st.
2) Yesterday was the 10th game McCormick has played in while on Emergency Recall since clearing waivers. Meaning his waiver clearance has expired.
3) Players on Emergency Recall must be returned to the Taxi/AHL when the injury causing the emergency is over.
4) Teams can also use 4 Regular Recalls after the Trade Deadline.
5) So Carolina has the choice (a) placing McCormick on waivers before sending him to the taxi squad, or (b) Using one of the 4 Regular Recalls to convert McCormick to a non-emergency roster player.
6) However, it looks like Carolina may have already used all 4 of their Regular Recalls. Ryan/Bean (APR26), Bean (APR15), Gadiner(APR12). Though it's possible the April 15th Bean was an Emergency Recall.
7) If Carolina is out of Regular Recalls then the only option available to them is (a) place McCormick on waivers before returning him to the taxi squad.

As he is a UFA after this season, claiming him now would only make him mad. Taking away from the possibility of being part of a run, for nothing? I doubt that would be seen as a chess-move.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
As he is a UFA after this season, claiming him now would only make him mad. Taking away from the possibility of being part of a run, for nothing? I doubt that would be seen as a chess-move.
This time of year a claim like this would be a dick move and probably not be appreciated by most.

Reactions: Tryamw

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Where does Seattle slot in the waivers claim order to start next season?

And what Seattle players require waivers? That was a big problem for Vegas when they started their first season. They had too many roster players after the expansion draft and had to get creative to try not to lose some on waivers.

That's what led to the Shipachyov problem.

Reactions: Tao Jones

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

No new waivers means no more buyouts

5 is a low number in a normal year
I thought there would be even more with the flat cap

Last edited:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
NMC buyouts is technically one day more, right? As they don't go on waivers?

Unless I am wrong. Sadly, that happens all the time.
No, that's right. Fair point, a NMC buyout where they skip the waivers could still be processed in time, I believe
(And we could see more once arbitrations are handed out)

Did the Martin Jones buyout become official or no?

Jones is still a Shark (and Holtby still a Canuck, to touch on those rumours too)

Last edited:
Reactions: Name Nameless

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

No new waivers means no more buyouts

NMC buyouts is technically one day more, right? As they don't go on waivers?

Unless I am wrong. Sadly, that happens all the time.

Did the Martin Jones buyout become official or no?

Okay, so apparently I was wrong!
Today is the last day to initiate buyouts I guess, not formalize them

Holtby, Neal, and Jones are on waivers today. None have NMCs so they still have to clear tomorrow and then be bought out, but I guess that counts.

Reactions: Jag68Sid87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad