Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Since C19,

who has is the largest AAV that has been claimed off waivers?

Who has the longest term contract to be claimed?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Christain Djoos has the highest AAV, $1M.

All claims have been expiring contracts (mix of RFAs and UFAs)
Interesting. Guess we know the answer next time a player like Lucic, Henrique or Tyler Johnson goes on waivers. Sailing right thru. Doesn’t give me hope the Avs can use it to drop a player.

Reactions: SotasicA

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I have had zero information on Schenn since he left the leafs, has it really got so bad he's not even a serviceable D now I'm the league? Any chance he can rebound? His contract terrible?

If he's cheap I wouldn't mind taking him back to where it all began and see if he can rekindle some kind of 6-7 career.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm curious, are there any teams around the league with a dire enough defensive depth situation where claiming Schenn is a possibility? He only makes 800k for one year.

We intend on holding him on our taxi squad but I don't have a sense on what the risk of him getting claimed is.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'm curious, are there any teams around the league with a dire enough defensive depth situation where claiming Schenn is a possibility? He only makes 800k for one year.

We intend on holding him on our taxi squad but I don't have a sense on what the risk of him getting claimed is.
Can’t specifically name a team offhand but a cheap deal experienced player righty and a extra year to help with expansion quota.
He could be a decent claim.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Edmonton currently has 4 dmen out. I could see Holland claiming him to be our 7th dman over Lennstrom, who we just recalled. It depends how close Bear and Lagesson are though. When they return, he’d likely go right back on waivers

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I have had zero information on Schenn since he left the leafs, has it really got so bad he's not even a serviceable D now I'm the league? Any chance he can rebound? His contract terrible?

If he's cheap I wouldn't mind taking him back to where it all began and see if he can rekindle some kind of 6-7 career.
I liked him during his short time in L.A. and was legit surprised they didn’t re-sign him.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

St. Louis if he makes it that far. '

CP is out, Gunner is done for the season, and Perunovich was next up by he is also done for the season. (Also missing Tarasenko, Schwartz, Thomas, Blais, Barbashev..... AHHHHHHHH). Just kills me.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So what's the deal with Friedman? Took a glance at the Flyers boards and people seem pretty upset about the Pens grabbing him.

He's 25 though and hasn't seriously cracked the Flyers lineup to this point. Is there something I'm missing here? Seems like an odd move to be upset about.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
So what's the deal with Friedman? Took a glance at the Flyers boards and people seem pretty upset about the Pens grabbing him.

He's 25 though and hasn't seriously cracked the Flyers lineup to this point. Is there something I'm missing here? Seems like an odd move to be upset about.

Not sure about PHI fan consensus; personally I am pissed we let him go, while Hagg and Gus are still in the lineup and seem nearly untouchable. Also, plus points it being PIT out of all teams to claim him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

It's about asset management.

Those bothered by this is because there is LOTS of evidence that Hagg is one of the worst Dmen in the league. Then add in that 34 year old Nate Prosser was kept instead of Friedman. We all know Nate would have cleared.

Just like last year, the same group disliked when Aube-Kubel got waived instead of being the 13th forward. Instead, Mgt signed Chris Stewart...who is no longer in the league after his 17 games, 1 point and -7. Meanwhile NAK got another chance after a few months and proved to be a good 4th liner posting 15 pts in 36 games.

So it's not like we feel he is a top 4 Dmen we just gave away. It's that we feel he was a young, cheap, #6/7 RHD what we gave away for free in favor of keeping a 34 year old who is worse and Hagg who very likely is worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad