Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Interesting that a player like Schenn clears waivers multiple times but the Bruins pick up Tinordi. Don't mind the player, Boston adds some toughness and he's serviceable enough for a depth d-man. Definitely paid his dues.

Is tinordi on a two way deal? This if he ends up on the taxi it would be at his ahl salary?

Guess you're right, I'm still not totally clear on how the financial side of that works. I was just looking at their NHL salaries and the fact that both spent time on the taxi squad.

expiring 2-way deal
Jarred Tinordi - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Guess you're right, I'm still not totally clear on how the financial side of that works. I was just looking at their NHL salaries and the fact that both spent time on the taxi squad.

has to be a contract thing

also I like your profile pic, I never noticed it until now. Looks like my guy (mines just got his floppy ears)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Interesting that a player like Schenn clears waivers multiple times but the Bruins pick up Tinordi. Don't mind the player, Boston adds some toughness and he's serviceable enough for a depth d-man. Definitely paid his dues.

Tinordi can actually skate. Schenn can't. Tinordi is a time bomb with the puck though, and has poor hockey sense. Probably improved somewhat in those areas over the years.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Can a Panthers fan weight in on Connolly? He put up pretty much 20 goals last season playing top six but this year he started on the fourth line (behind Tippett who was not proven) and never gets bumped up. Seems like he produces when given minutes but Q doesn't seem like he ever wants to do that.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Can a Panthers fan weight in on Connolly? He put up pretty much 20 goals last season playing top six but this year he started on the fourth line (behind Tippett who was not proven) and never gets bumped up. Seems like he produces when given minutes but Q doesn't seem like he ever wants to do that.
Most of his goals came before Christmas. He's been pretty invisible for over a year now.

Textbook case of a player who isn't good enough for the top six and doesn't offer anything to the bottom six that can't be brought from a league min player

Reactions: BonMorrison

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Connolly got some chances in the top 6 this season and didn't do anything with it. He's not terrible but the Panthers need his money to re-sign Driedger.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Stalock is the type of placeholder I could see Sakic target.

Although I think they like Miska more than it appears
Sakic should definitely put a claim in for Stalock. He's cheap; has another year of term; has 151 NHL games experience with a winning record including 20 wins last year and a 0.909 sv%; along with 8 games playoff experience. The ideal 3rd goalie, and clearly an upgrade on Miska.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Presumably so, but he would need to be recalled at the end of the stint, and then either stay on roster or hit waivers again to stay down.
So a team could use it as a tryout and then waive him if they didn't like what they saw.

Stalock would have to agree to the assignment and the League would have to determine it wasn't cap circumvention.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->