Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Is their anyway this link could update the waiver order of teams...I think that would be interesting to see

Good reminder.

The NHL has now cutover to using the current season standings for Waiver claim priority instead of the prior 2019-20 standings.

If any team wants to submit a claim for DeAngelo or any player waived going forward it will be based on the current season records.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

This is actually surprising. I would have expected a bad team would claim him, just so they can let him farm points and then trade as a rental next year. Guess other teams thought his attitude issues were so extreme that they didn't even want to bother.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

This is actually surprising. I would have expected a bad team would claim him, just so they can let him farm points and then trade as a rental next year. Guess other teams thought his attitude issues were so extreme that they didn't even want to bother.

I’m not surprised because of the cap hit. If there are teams interested I’d imagine we see a trade with another contract going back either today or tomorrow.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Also didn't only 4 teams have the cap space to take him on, and one of them was Detroit (where GM Yzerman already got rid of ADA once in TB).

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

The question isn't talent, it's the headache that he comes with. Perhaps this is a wake-up call for him?

Reactions: Lurked4Yearz

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Shocking no team wanted to bring in a guy who just choked out his goalie and has a history of baggage....

Reactions: Lurked4Yearz

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The question isn't talent, it's the headache that he comes with. Perhaps this is a wake-up call for him?
probably not, considering how many chances he's had already, its kind of ridiculous. If he takes an anger management course or something first, maybe someone will give him a chance.

Personally I'm betting on him pulling the victim card and becoming a commentator or running his own podcast or something on certain channels lol.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

It’s not surprising even an ounce to anybody paying attention to what’s going on. Nobody could do their due diligence in 24 hours and this after the Rangers had tried to trade him in the off-season and couldn’t. And no one wants to pay him given the current state of the economics.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Coburn is old , bad and not super cheap . Nobody is touching that. He'll land where he should've been from the start . In the taxi squad. Even a bad Sens team shouldn't have Braydon Coburn in the lineup in 2021

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad