Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I know people always say this, but I could see someone putting in a claim for Capo....

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Ottawa needs a dman.

What’s the scouting report on him? I see he has had some impressive AHL numbers and only 23.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
No one claimed Kylington, or Honka, etc.
But now games being played, guys getting hurt, or underperforming, so maybe

Indeed... plus it's almost always easier to sneak someone through waivers at the beginning of the year (everyone else is doing it and rosters are more or less set)

We'll see, wouldn't be the first time I was wrong ;) :laugh:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No one claimed Kylington, or Honka, etc.
But now games being played, guys getting hurt, or underperforming, so maybe
Capo may have less perceived upside than those 2 guys, but is also a touch more reliable steady. I could see why GMs passed on the offensively gifted but defensively suspect guys.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Capo may have less perceived upside than those 2 guys, but is also a touch more reliable steady. I could see why GMs passed on the offensively gifted but defensively suspect guys.
TBH I just listed 2 names that came to mind first, of young-ish not-yet-established D, but I agree w you guys' points

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
With Letang going down last night, PIT has 6 D injured.

They have only 1 D on taxi, and only 1 other D in North America under contract.

Was sort of anticipating a Capo claim. Wonder if the injury bug is worth TDA's off-ice distractions for them

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don’t think DeAngelo’s off ice distractions are worth it for any team.
DeAngelo's buyout is 33%. When injuries hit, he'd be a player a playoff-bound team would consider. Especially if the team shopping him was willing to off-set his cap hit for the year.

A team like Ottawa would be silly to let him clear.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
DeAngelo's buyout is 33%. When injuries hit, he'd be a player a playoff-bound team would consider. Especially if the team shopping him was willing to off-set his cap hit for the year.

A team like Ottawa would be silly to let him clear.
Do you really want a guy that’s been dumped by 3 teams around your young guys?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Do you really want a guy that’s been dumped by 3 teams around your young guys?
What do you think he's saying to them? He's an immature player. Use him for what you know he does well and don't expect him to be accountable for his mistakes. He's an asset, that's it.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
In any other year I think a team would take a chance on DeAngelo. There are so many unique factors this season that make it less likely he gets claimed:

- More teams pushed further up against the cap due to Covid protocol non-roster players and/or using LTIR to fit the Covid players in.

- Compressed season with players still being paid 100% means you’re paying more payroll per game for each player then any other year.

- Potential quarantine time for players switching teams. And it’s not just quarantine time for a team that claims DeAngelo. Let’s say a team claims him, hoping to be the only team with a claim so they can pump up his value and move him at the TDL—quarantines are likely to depress trade deadline activity and returns.

Last edited:

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Is their anyway this link could update the waiver order of teams...I think that would be interesting to see

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00