Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I could see PLD for PL straight up but adding Roslovic seems like a bit much. I bet both players end up leaving their new teams anyway.
I mean Roslovic is still a reclamation project or close enough to at this point. Plus he’s holding out so his value isn’t that high either.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Laine is shades of Gaborik under Torts. It will either work incredibly well, or blow up. No real middle ground..

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
I have to admit that I haven’t really followed Liane since the draft, what’s his issue - laziness or in need of a change? Or neither perhaps

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Will we ever find out if PLDs reasons were?

I guess if not thats fine cause we can forever nickname him dumpy drawers dubois or poopy pants pierre luc

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Will we ever find out if PLDs reasons were?

I guess if not thats fine cause we can forever nickname him dumpy drawers dubois or poopy pants pierre luc
Probably not. On 31 thoughts pod they said there’s been some speculation that was sort of close but chances are the reasons will never reach the light of day.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
PLD won't say a thing and in a couple of years we won't even remember this. Who remembers when Shanahan acted like a baby and wanted out of Hartford? No one. We remember him having success in Detroit.

It was big, too. The Whalers gave their franchise dman for him and less than a year later he asked for a trade. His behaviour really hurt that org .

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
PLD won't say a thing and in a couple of years we won't even remember this. Who remembers when Shanahan acted like a baby and wanted out of Hartford? No one. We remember him having success in Detroit.

It was big, too. The Whalers gave their franchise dman for him and less than a year later he asked for a trade. His behaviour really hurt that org .
Yes! Who even remembers this?

Last edited:
Reactions: MaKarter

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I really like that deal for the Jets. I'd take the two-way center, who we just saw play really well in the playoffs, over the winger. Laine and Torts should be interesting to watch.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I could see PLD for PL straight up but adding Roslovic seems like a bit much. I bet both players end up leaving their new teams anyway.

Yep. Obviously Roslovic is going to stay awhile because of being from there, but Columbus will probably continue to lose most of their players who are WAF. Apparently Winnipeg is somewhere that people aren’t too fond of as far as a city and PLD will still be sought after by Montreal, I’d assume. So, Yeah, totally agree.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I have to admit that I haven’t really followed Liane since the draft, what’s his issue - laziness or in need of a change? Or neither perhaps

In terms of pure talent he was the best player in that 2016 draft. Incredible shooter and also proved he can be a very good playmaker. Unfortunately he’s not the most dedicated player and I don’t think he has a great rep for defensive play (though he’s still WORLDS better than Kyle Connor).

Reactions: Avs425

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
BTW, I was thinking now that Winnipeg finally solved their center depth issue that they might be looking to move Paul Stastny. Obviously the Avs would have to move some salary first but...there’s your 3C right there.

Reactions: shadow1

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
BTW, I was thinking now that Winnipeg finally solved their center depth issue that they might be looking to move Paul Stastny. Obviously the Avs would have to move some salary first but...there’s your 3C right there.

Maybe with retention...but I think Richard put out a list somewhere of players that could be solid targets.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Stastny looks completely shot, they actually think about moving him to the wing.

I'd rather have Lowry who'd give us size and physicality in the bottom 6 and is an effective shutdown center.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Stastny looks completely shot, they actually think about moving him to the wing.

I'd rather have Lowry who'd give us size and physicality in the bottom 6 and is an effective shutdown center.
Always liked Lowry, can bring some good energy to the bottom 6

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Why the F would we overpay for PLD via trade if Kadri is the answer at 2C? That’s all I’ve seen for over a week on here.
If you read anything I’ve posted, and even in this thread IIRC, I’ve said like others....3C and goalie would be of more use.
I haven't read a single thing you posted. I'm hardly on HF anymore, but people talking about moving Kadri because of a weak start is silly.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

How about Copp?

With Scheifele/Dubois/Stastny/Lowry down the middle perhaps Copp might be available.

As it happens Copp has pretty good analytics as well, as highlighted in this thread.

He seems to me like the C version of Calvert: solid in all 3 zones while having great advanced stats despite playing with stone hands, which I guess might be a welcome addition over having Compher running around aimlessly at 3C.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad