Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
If it comes down to dealing Timmins or Graves, I'm guessing we hang on to Timmins due to his status as a rightie. Yes, we have Helleson and Barron, but both are a year minimum away from being NHL ready, if ever. Given that Sakic moved Cole for a right shot D, I would guess that Gravy would be the most expendable defenseman if another one gets moved.

That said, ain't no way Graves gets the conversation started for Dubois, no matter how desperate Jarmo gets. I'm talking about a move for a 3C, not pipe dreams about PLD.

Yeah it kinda feels like a numbers game with Timmins at this point, doesn't it?

Short term he's probably on the outside looking in, with Byram in the mix. Long term, he's too talented to be a third pairing guy, with Byram, Girard, Makar, and Toews ahead of him.

Not saying they'll trade him for Dubois. But, if Sakic does make some kind of splash this season, I don't think it'll be a huge shock if Timmins is involved.

Reactions: Richard88

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
What the hell are the Ducks going to offer without giving up Zegras, or Drysdale?

upload_2021-1-22_18-24-48.gif

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Landeskog ---- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Saad -------------- Dubois ------- Burakovsky
Nichuskin ------- Kadri ---------- Kaut
Calvert --------- Bellemare ----- O'Connor

Werenski --- Makar
Toews ------- Timmins
Girard ------- Johnson

:popcorn:

My aren’t you clever? Honestly, to make it work, it would take something like that plus a draft pick. The question I have is will that third line develop sufficient chemistry to be a difference maker in a SC PO.

And no, I’m not willing to trade Byram even with that return and the opportunity to slough off the issues with each one of those players.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

According to multiple sources, the Winnipeg Jets’ package includes two players of their own who have requested trades — Patrik Laine and Jack Roslovic (Roslovic, who is unsigned, is a Columbus native). Anaheim is believed to have significantly increased its offer. Calgary and Montreal are among the other interested parties, and there are undoubtedly more. (As I write this, it is not believed the Canadiens are willing to include Nick Suzuki, although what’s true now might not be true 10 minutes from now.)

If Laine's in the deal then I guess Winnipeg it is.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The main reason why Laine has been crying forever to get out of Winnipeg is because they wouldn't put him on Scheif' line. There's no Scheifele in Columbus. He still won't get a good center to play with.

Value is there but Laine in Columbus is such a poor match.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The main reason why Laine has been crying forever to get out of Winnipeg is because they wouldn't put him on Scheif' line. There's no Scheifele in Columbus. He still won't get a good center to play with.

Texier and Laine would be magic together

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kotka was really good in the last couple of games. Wonder if Jarmo was watching.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019

It frankly looks like a disaster in the making. Roslovic is a reclamation project and Laine is an Uber talented diva winger that won’t have near the success in Columbus as he’s had in Winnipeg. They’d then have to resign him soon to a massive contract that they’ll regret giving him before trading him for peanuts.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I wonder if Jones could become available after Dubois gets traded and the jackets go further into a tailspin. I think something like this would be a fair swap:

Byram + 1st + Compher + Bowers + Barron

for

Jones + Jenner

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I wonder if Jones could become available after Dubois gets traded and the jackets go further into a tailspin. I think something like this would be a fair swap:

Byram + 1st + Compher + Bowers + Barron

for

Jones + Jenner

Doubt Sakic would sell their future on both players with 2 years from UFA,

Reactions: Richard88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->