Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Let’s send Graves to the moon

giphy.gif

Pistache

Mar 25, 2009
Tort will want a 1st or 2nd line center to replace Dubois. Forget about Compher or Donskoi, there is no interest around the league for them. Kadri has to be the one to move. You add a young prospect like Barron or Helleson and a young forward like Bowers or Kaut. I just hope Byram and Newhook stay with us. But Sakic has to go for Dubois. This guy is exceptionally talented.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Any centers out there on a team that we could trade Kadri to? Maybe one that needs a change of scenery?
I'm trying to picture the 10 teams on Kadri's list. ??
Detroit
Ottawa (based on when he came up with the list)
Buffalo
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Florida
Columbus
NJD
Minny
Montreal

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm usually not a fan of 35+ rentals but with a shortened season and where you should give veterans the odd night off down the stretch, I could see someone like Eric Staal be a good addition for Avs this season.
Buffalo had a plan all along. Sign Hall and trade for Staal so they could send both to us at the deadline for a pretty package.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Man, I’d be nervous about a Laine/PLD swap if I were the Jets.

They’re both really good young players, but I think Laine’s upside is quite a bit higher.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Was our second best forward in the playoffs yet 5 games into the season with no exhibition games he doesn’t look great so you’d trade him?
Not looking to trade him. But if the opportunity comes along, he’s faaar from untouchable.

I felt that his playoff stat line was way more flattering that his actual play. He was just there to bang home empty nets but did not carry the play.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Was our second best forward in the playoffs yet 5 games into the season with no exhibition games he doesn’t look great so you’d trade him?

Not looking to trade him. But if the opportunity comes along, he’s faaar from untouchable.

I felt that his playoff stat line was way more flattering that his actual play. He was just there to bang home empty nets but did not carry the play.

Was he really our second best forward though? My problem with Kadri is he is far too individualistic, he has a really hard time using anyone else on the ice. When he is playing well, or getting some bounces this can work...but when it isn’t it’s truly brutal.

He was also heralded as that two-way forward that we all wanted and needed for this team, but his defensive presence isn’t what I was expecting. It’s almost like people just grouped defense and grit together, because he does bring some of that grit.

You almost have to build a line entirely around him, two guys that are fantastic support players and great at forechecking and puck retrieval. We don’t really have that.

Reactions: scottykarate

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Was he really our second best forward though? My problem with Kadri is he is far too individualistic, he has a really hard time using anyone else on the ice. When he is playing well, or getting some bounces this can work...but when it isn’t it’s truly brutal.

He was also heralded as that two-way forward that we all wanted and needed for this team, but his defensive presence isn’t what I was expecting. It’s almost like people just grouped defense and grit together, because he does bring some of that grit.

You almost have to build a line entirely around him, two guys that are fantastic support players and great at forechecking and puck retrieval. We don’t really have that.
I’m not a fan of Kadri. He’s often invisible, and his contribution outside of goal scoring fluctuates a lot.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Seems like over payment for PLD?

This should put the trade Kadri to rest (but it won’t)
I think it’s a good deal for both teams. It was well known both guys wanted out and each team got a good player in return. Laine may not stay long but he has the potential to really boom for CBJ.

Reactions: scottykarate

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
I think it’s a good deal for both teams. It was well known both guys wanted out and each team got a good player in return. Laine may not stay long but he has the potential to really boom for CBJ.
I could see PLD for PL straight up but adding Roslovic seems like a bit much. I bet both players end up leaving their new teams anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->