Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
For the Dubois-trade, I'm squinting towards LA. They can really accelerate their rebuild by acquiring Dubois for one of their young C's +.

Something in the vicinity of Dubois for Vilardi, Kupari and Spence.

Dubois can be molded to a Kopitar-like 1C, by Kopitar. LA will have an immediate great 1-2 punch and could even be a playoff team this year in this division. This will also allow LA to develop Byfield/Turcotte without having the pressure to put them on the team before they're ready. Having that foundation on offense should also help all the other young F's coming up, like Anderson-Dolan, Thomas, Fagemo, Kaliev, Madden. Heck, maybe that can even help them make a player out of Lias Andersson.

For Columbus, getting a hockey-deal, a young C with a high potential, sounds like their #1 priority. Out of the three (!!) top C prospects LA have, Vilardi is the one already in the NHL (and it sure looks like he has a clean bill of health). Personally, I'm picking Vilardi over Kotkaniemi and definitely over Chytil or Studnicka/Beecher, even if the Rangers can easily put together a better over all package. Vilardi isn't currently as good a C as they would like, but I think that will be extremely hard to get unless Bergevin caves and gives up Suzuki. And finally, not sending him to Rangers, Boston or Montreal should be a nice icing on the cake.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
LA have too many centers with Kopitar still signed for 4 years, Vilardi, Turcotte and Byfield.

If they were to make a move for Dubois they can afford to give up Vilardi AND Turcotte. That'd leave them with Kopitar, Dubois and Byfield.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
LA have too many centers with Kopitar still signed for 4 years, Vilardi, Turcotte and Byfield.

If they were to make a move for Dubois they can affords to give up Vilardi AND Turcotte. That'd leave them with Kopitar, Dubois and Byfield.

Yeah, that's a possibility as well. I just see LA as possibly the best fit in this situation.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
IMO Rags and Sens are ahead when it comes to best fit.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I'm basing it a lot on CBJ's need and desire for a top C coming back and would value Vilardi/Turcotte over Chytil/Norris, by quite a margin, unless I'm missing someone very obvious.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

In a quick canvas of NHL front offices on Friday, sources told The Athletic that Colorado, Los Angeles, Montreal, the New York Rangers and Winnipeg were seen as the most likely suitors for Dubois, with the Blue Jackets seeking a return of an NHL roster player, a top prospect and a high draft pick.

Lets goooooooooooooo!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

If they were to make a move for Dubois they can afford to give up Vilardi AND Turcotte. That'd leave them with Kopitar, Dubois and Byfield.

One of those three would be in the deal, and Vilardi and Turcotte might end up on the wing long-term anyway.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
One of those three would be in the deal, and Vilardi and Turcotte might end up on the wing long-term anyway.

Ya, I don't see any reason why LA would trade for Dubois. They're already deep in the center position, and they still need to fill out their defense. They're better off aiming for another high pick again this year to draft another high-end defenseman and see what they have internally.

Reactions: Balthazar

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Those two become UFA in 2 years....they'd likely want someone signed long term knowing that UFAs are likely to go elsewhere in 2 years.

I think that's where Newhook comes in. Burakovsky/Kadri for now, Newhook is the piece that comes later.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Those two become UFA in 2 years....they'd likely want someone signed long term knowing that UFAs are likely to go elsewhere in 2 years.
They can have their choice of Compher, Donskoi, or Graves then. All 3 are signed for a year more than Kadri and Burakovsky.

Reactions: Avs_19

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Lets goooooooooooooo!

I just feel like the Avs will be outbid here.

The Rangers, Kings, and even the Habs are probably willing to part with more than what Colorado will be. Unless CBJ really likes Graves/Timmins as a piece of a deal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

The Rangers, Kings, and even the Habs are probably willing to part with more than what Colorado will be. Unless CBJ really likes Graves/Timmins as a piece of a deal.

IMO the beginning and end of the conversation is with Byram or Rantanen. If the Avs won't include one of them, then there really isn't a deal to be made. I know there will be a scoff at the Byram part, but if Columbus has to end up rebuilding out of this because Jones is coming up on UFA, it makes sense that grab that defensive piece. Rantanen can be the offensive difference maker to show Jones/Werenski that they will keep building. Now the Avs are not going to do this to beat out a Kakko/Laine/KK main piece. The next grouping of pieces for the Avs don't beat out that group.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Newhook could be a pretty big part of the deal. Is Turcotte on the table and is he even more highly thought of than Newhook at this point? Will the Rangers deal Kakko? Caufield from the Habs? Laine? The Avs would also have no problem throwing in a (late) 1st round pick, which is no guarantee from the Kings and Rangers.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm not a big fan of sulking your way out of town. It reveals a part of someones personality that will keep surfacing.

The only player I can respect forcing a trade was Carter in Columbus because he got truly f***ed by Philadelphia.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
IMO the beginning and end of the conversation is with Byram or Rantanen. If the Avs won't include one of them, then there really isn't a deal to be made. I know there will be a scoff at the Byram part, but if Columbus has to end up rebuilding out of this because Jones is coming up on UFA, it makes sense that grab that defensive piece. Rantanen can be the offensive difference maker to show Jones/Werenski that they will keep building. Now the Avs are not going to do this to beat out a Kakko/Laine/KK main piece. The next grouping of pieces for the Avs don't beat out that group.

I agree and Sakic isn’t trading those guys, so it most likely won’t happen.

If CBJ can get Laine for Dubois that’s a hell of a trade for them. Nobody is beating that offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad