Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Newhook could be a pretty big part of the deal. Is Turcotte on the table and is he even more highly thought of than Newhook at this point? Will the Rangers deal Kakko? Caufield from the Habs? Laine? The Avs would also have no problem throwing in a (late) 1st round pick, which is no guarantee from the Kings and Rangers.

Yeah, Colorado could be the circle back point if all those other teams decide to keep their high-end pieces, but I bet someone will pay the price.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah if Colorado manages to outbid NYR and MIN on Dubois given all their current needs and assets it likely means Sakic drastically overpaid. I really like Dubois but I just don’t see how Colorado ends up behind the destination unless Jarmo is infatuated with Newhook or something and in that case, let’s f***ing go lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
IMO the beginning and end of the conversation is with Lafreniere or Panarin.......:sarcasm:

Nah they send the bust Kakko to Columbus as a lesson for all of Finland. :sarcasm:

Admittedly it would be kinda funny if Bread got dealt back to Columbus.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm not a big fan of sulking your way out of town. It reveals a part of someones personality that will keep surfacing.

The only player I can respect forcing a trade was Carter in Columbus because he got truly f***ed by Philadelphia.
Yeah, this has honestly made me reconsider my assessment of Dubois' talent level and this isn't even about that.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Come on which team will offer a guy like Rantanen ? Or a prospect like Byram ? Newhook, Barron or Helleson, Donskoi or Compher, and even a first, that’s a lot !

It’s the Columbus connection remember, it’s as good as done :D

Reactions: Avs_19

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Justin Barron, newhook, 1st and bura for PLD and a small add. It would hurt though because newhook would probably be a full time roster addition right as Nate's new contract kicks in.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
If an offer for Dubois can be built around Newhook + 1st, you do it. We hope Newhook can become a 2C for the Avs eventually, whereas Dubois is one now. And he's still really young. You absolutely pull the trigger on something like that, regardless of the B prospects involved. The only hang-up could be which roster player Jarmo wants.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think the Jackets would be interested in Bura tbh.

I think the Avs can offer up a decent deal... But I dont think they can offer up the best deal. I dont imagine Sakic is willing to include Byram or Rantanen, and so if Winnipeg makes Laine available they can pretty much beat everyone, and if the Rags want him Dubois they can pretty easily make Kakko available which would beat out whatever offer the Avs make.

But like, if say Newhook + Barron + 1st + Roster player was enough then ya I'd be thrilled.

As for the Dubois stuff. It's not a great look to be pouting and forcing your way off a team. But, are we even certain that's what happened last night? Sure the last shift he played looked awfully lazy, but everyone has those shifts and has bad games. And we know Torts is going to be keeping a very tight leash on Dubois here with what's happening.

I'm not going to shy away from wanting a guy as talented and skilled as PLD because of this one incident. Lets see how he responds to it and how he plays after this.

It's interesting that we're being linked here though to me. And who knows how accurate it is or not. This could just be Portzline piggy backing off of Friedman mentioning us the other day in the 31 thoughts article(Although Friedman mentioned Tampa and Portz didn't so maybe not).

But if we really are more then just kicking tires here on Dubois... Have to wonder if Joe isn't looking for something big to really strength that Center depth heading into the playoffs. Along with Comphers usage from Bednar maybe the Avs have really recognized the Center depth issue and have even bigger plans here. Solve the 3C spot internally by adding a really good 2C and actually moving Kadri down to the 3C spot?

Naz would be a great 3C I think, he was solid in the role in Toronto and can still provide good offensive ability from that spot.

There's certainly a few Centers in the league I'd have my eye on if I was Sakic right now looking to bolster this lineup.

Reactions: Belgican

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
NHL teams are also weird about the trading within the division stuff. They shouldn't be but they are. Will CBJ and NYR be back in the same division next year? How much does Jarmo care?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
NHL teams are also weird about the trading within the division stuff. They shouldn't be but they are. Will CBJ and NYR be back in the same division next year? How much does Jarmo care?

I'd think the relationship between Davidson and Jarmo would overcome any fear of divisional issues.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd think the relationship between Davidson and Jarmo would overcome any fear of divisional issues.

Do you want to trade arguably your best forward to the team in your division that just signed your previous best forward in free agency? As a biased Avs fan, I'd like to think no.

In all seriousness, it could all depend on the Rangers and Jarmo's feelings on Kakko. I don't think they'd trade Lafreniere straight up for Dubois.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Justin Barron, newhook, 1st and bura for PLD and a small add. It would hurt though because newhook would probably be a full time roster addition right as Nate's new contract kicks in.

I can't see us trading Barron or Newhook and Burakovsky is such an important player for us.

They can choose from Graves, Compher or Jost as roster players.

Timmins, Bowers or Kaut as prospects and a 1st

Compher, Timmins and a 1st? Who beats that?

Saad- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Landeskog- Dubois- Nichushkin
Burakovsky- Kadri- Donskoi
Jost- Bellmare- Calvert

Byram - Makar
Toews - Girard
Graves - EJ/Pateryn
Gilbert

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I can't see us trading Barron or Newhook and Burakovsky is such an important player for us.

Jost- Bellmare- Calvert

Byram - Makar
Toews - Girard
Graves - EJ/Pateryn
Gilbert

Any team that seriously wants PLD...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Jost- Bellmare- Calvert

Byram - Makar
Toews - Girard
Graves - EJ/Pateryn
Gilbert
Literally anyone could beat that offer.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Do I think PLD is likely to happen? No. But this could be Sakics Roy or Blake trade that PL made. Pushing all the chips to the middle and saying we're winning the cup.

Reactions: Richard88

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If it comes down to dealing Timmins or Graves, I'm guessing we hang on to Timmins due to his status as a rightie. Yes, we have Helleson and Barron, but both are a year minimum away from being NHL ready, if ever. Given that Sakic moved Cole for a right shot D, I would guess that Gravy would be the most expendable defenseman if another one gets moved.

That said, ain't no way Graves gets the conversation started for Dubois, no matter how desperate Jarmo gets. I'm talking about a move for a 3C, not pipe dreams about PLD.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I could easily be wrong, but I feel like that shift by PLD was a mistake by a 22 year old kid. I would honestly put in a serious offer and try to fix that 2nd line.

Newhook, Helleson, Graves, Jost, 1st

Landeskog-Mack-Rantanen
PLD-Kadri-Bura
Nuke-JTC-Saad
Calvert-PEB-Donskoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad