Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
People who clamor about PLD should watch this

Imagine if Duchene played like that? Just a complete lack of respect for anyone on the team and himself as well.

Even if he wants out that is unacceptable. I don't blame Torts for benching him.

I want nothing to do with this guy. He has diva written all over him.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
A trade like one of these would make me happy, just to mix up the bottom-6 for a little bit different of a player type from what the Avs have.

Ryan Graves for Miles Wood. Get a little speed and size on the left side. Wood is off to a hot start, so would have to wait till he cools down.

Donskoi for Zack Kassian. Doubt the Oilers would go for it, but they seem to go through a love/hate with Kassian.

Even though he will probably re-sign in Winnipeg, when the Jets fall out of it, a rental price for Adam Lowry.

Tyson Jost for Jake Virtanen. Send Jost back to BC and get a fatty in the bottom 6.

JTC+ for Sam Bennett.
I think the Flames would ask for Timmins, and I’d be tempted.
If those last two worked our 3rd line would look like below. Looks intriguing...

Landeskog ---- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Burakovsky ------ Kadri -------- Saad
Nichuskin ------- Bennett ----- Virtanen
Calvert --------- Bellemare ---- Donskoi

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
I’d like Bennett, but i’d rather not give up Timmins in general.
Graves i would trade though

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I like Timmins and would prefer to keep him around... but if the Avs are solving the #3C issue, any bottom 6 guy sans Nuke, Timmins, Barron, Helleson, Bowers, Kaut, Graves, etc should all be available.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Right now they really need another addition the 2nd line, an upgrade on the entire 3rd line, and possibly a 4th line C too.

I wish they'd give Bowers, LOC, Kaut and Sherwood some games to see what they can add. Can't be any worse than what 17, 37, 72, 41, 20, 91, or 13 have brought so far this season.

Reactions: AvsMakaw8

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I don't want to sound like a size queen (that's @Hasbro's job), but it seems to me that none of our bottom 9 are carrying any sort of physical edge to their play, and we could probably do with adding some size or physicality to the bottom 9. Ideally without sacrificing any speed or skill.

Maybe it's just effort level, or maybe it's just because it's not the playoffs, but our bottom 9 - and especially the bottom 6 is very easy to play against.

I mean, when was the last time you saw Donskoi lay a hit or go hard into the boards on the forecheck?

How about fake-tough-guy Compher? He has this reputation as a pest, but what does he actually do in that vein other than being a little edgy after whistles (like most players do anyways)?

Jost couldn't knock over a feather if his life depended on it.

Bednar has been calling them out ever since the Arizona series, and yet nothing has changed, suggesting that it isn't effort level.

I suspect that a couple of physical (and talented) guys who can really bring some more tenacity in those roles would drastically change how tough our bottom 6 is to play against.

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
Assuming Kadri doesn't waive.
Avs
Dubois

Cbj
Newhook
Barron
2021 1st
Compher (for cap)

That's 3 mid to late 1st round picks. How much more would we need to add?

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019

Imagine if Duchene played like that? Just a complete lack of respect for anyone on the team and himself as well.

That was pathetic. If that’s how you’re going to play, then you may as well just demand a trade and say you refuse to play for the franchise anymore. That’s not a great option, but that’s at least more respectable than coasting along like it’s free skate at the public rink.

Reactions: The Puckhound

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Avs
Dubois

Cbj
Newhook
Barron
2021 1st
Compher (for cap)

At this point after seeing his lack of effort and maturity, I’m not trading Newhook for him.

Reactions: arun

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I’d be pretty concerned about trading a big package for Dubois.

The fact that he’s basically quit on the Jackets right now is giving off major Duchene vibes.

I’m not sure I want to move Alex Newhook for that.

That was pathetic. If that’s how you’re going to play, then you may as well just demand a trade and say you refuse to play for the franchise anymore. That’s not a great option, but that’s at least more respectable than coasting along like it’s free skate at the public rink.

Yeah I think I'd wait to see how PLD responds the next few games before I think about dealing for him.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
I don't want to sound like a size queen (that's @Hasbro's job), but it seems to me that none of our bottom 9 are carrying any sort of physical edge to their play, and we could probably do with adding some size or physicality to the bottom 9. Ideally without sacrificing any speed or skill.

Maybe it's just effort level, or maybe it's just because it's not the playoffs, but our bottom 9 - and especially the bottom 6 is very easy to play against.

I mean, when was the last time you saw Donskoi lay a hit or go hard into the boards on the forecheck?

How about fake-tough-guy Compher? He has this reputation as a pest, but what does he actually do in that vein other than being a little edgy after whistles (like most players do anyways)?

Jost couldn't knock over a feather if his life depended on it.

Bednar has been calling them out ever since the Arizona series, and yet nothing has changed, suggesting that it isn't effort level.

I suspect that a couple of physical (and talented) guys who can really bring some more tenacity in those roles would drastically change how tough our bottom 6 is to play against.

This is why LOC shined in the playoffs. The guy is built for that fast, hard hitting bottom 6 role, just like Calvert. Compher and Jost aren't and we've been complaining about their softness since the kerfoot line. They're not physical, they're not skilled, they're just so bland. I'd love Bennett on this team. I'd trade the whole bottom six except for Calvert and Nuke if we had to. The problem with trading for him is we'd have to wait the 14 day quarantine.

Reactions: Richard88

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Watched it and the Avs should still be trying hard to acquire him. This is like James Harden clearly tanking it after the Rockets slow played his trade demand and then dropping a 30 point triple double in his first game with the Nets. He could lay down at center ice and not move for an entire shift and Sakic should still be offering up some prime assets to bring him in.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Yeah I think I'd wait to see how PLD responds the next few games before I think about dealing for him.
The problem is that a few more games isn’t going to change PLD the person. Sure maybe his agent/family/friends talk to him and maybe he plays hard again to try to showcase himself for a trade. But he’s shown his true colors now and that he isn’t willing to fight even just for his brothers/
teammates. Maybe a change of scenery changes that, but that’s not the kinda guy you want on a cup contending team.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019

Until last night I had assumed 100% Torts was the issue. I’m not sure how Dubois can posture how he’s going to be a good teammate and signed to help the team and then plays like that.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
If we’re going to go the size queen route a few players I wouldn’t mind looking into are:
- Sam Bennett, a poor mans Landeskog with a bit more grit. Will cost a lot given his play in playoffs in recent history. 1 year $2.25mil RFA
- Boone Jenner, another gritty player who is solid defensively again will likely cost an arm and a leg. 2 years $3.75mil UFA
- Casey Cizikas, maybe not a third liner, but provides PK ability and grit again. 1 year $3.35mil UFA

Potential trades:

To Col:
Jenner
To CBJ:
Compher
Bowers

To Col:
Bennett
To Cgy:
Timmins
Jost
2021 third
2022 third

Still doesn’t sort out our second line, but when healthy:

Landy-MacK-Rants
Bura-Kadri-Calvert
Saad-Jenner-Bennett
LOC-PEB-Donskoi

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
If we’re going to go the size queen route a few players I wouldn’t mind looking into are:
- Sam Bennett, a poor mans Landeskog with a bit more grit. Will cost a lot given his play in playoffs in recent history. 1 year $2.25mil RFA
- Boone Jenner, another gritty player who is solid defensively again will likely cost an arm and a leg. 2 years $3.75mil UFA
- Casey Cizikas, maybe not a third liner, but provides PK ability and grit again. 1 year $3.35mil UFA

Potential trades:

To Col:
Jenner
To CBJ:
Compher
Bowers

To Col:
Bennett
To Cgy:
Timmins
Jost
2021 third
2022 third

Still doesn’t sort out our second line, but when healthy:

Landy-MacK-Rants
Bura-Kadri-Calvert
Saad-Jenner-Bennett
LOC-PEB-Donskoi
That's an overpay for Bennett.

Timmins is a young expansion exempt (tbc) top 4 RHD. It would take more than Bennett to pry him out of Sakic's hands.

Reactions: arun

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Avs
Dubois

Cbj
Newhook
Barron
2021 1st
Compher (for cap)

Exactly what I would propose for PLD :

Newhook
One of Barron/Helleson
One of Compher/Donskoi
No need for an additionnal 1st, but why not

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Exactly what I would propose for PLD :

Newhook
One of Barron/Helleson
One of Compher/Donskoi
No need for an additionnal 1st, but why not

I offered Kadri, Newhook, Barron, Compher and a 2021 first for PLD and Jenner and fans said no so idk what the cost would be.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Watched it and the Avs should still be trying hard to acquire him. This is like James Harden clearly tanking it after the Rockets slow played his trade demand and then dropping a 30 point triple double in his first game with the Nets. He could lay down at center ice and not move for an entire shift and Sakic should still be offering up some prime assets to bring him in.
What if he has a fit with Bednar? Harden is a top 5 player in the league and a superstar. PLD is a better Kadri with serious character flaws.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I don't think Columbus will get an insane package for PLD, some of these offers are way too much to the point where it only hurts the Avs.

Teams know Columbus is desperate and has to trade him and the pathetic effort we saw last night only makes it worse.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think Columbus will get an insane package for PLD, some of these offers are way too much to the point where it only hurts the Avs.

Teams know Columbus is desperate and has to trade him and the pathetic effort we saw last night only makes it worse.

Teams knew that Karlsson and Duchene had to be traded and they brought massive packages. Teams have a larger view of this and a bidding war always happens.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Teams knew that Karlsson and Duchene had to be traded and they brought massive packages. Teams have a larger view of this and a bidding war always happens.
Karlsson isn't comparable to PLD in any way, shape or form, come on now. And he didn't receive a haul. Neither also exibited any kind of character issues like PLD did. The Duchene trade will be paraded a lot, but that's such an outlier and everything basically went the Avs way.

Reactions: Richard88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad