Speculation: 2020-21 Stars Roster Speculation and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
He's still our best transition and entry guy by a mile though, that's not where I've had issues with his game this season.

What has frustrating me is he isn't engaged offensively at all. He enters the zone and then doesn't do anything else there after that and maybe an occasional wrist shot towards the net. Meanwhile Oleksiak is at the net collecting rebounds lol
I think he’s still just playing somewhat safe . His defensive instincts over power the offensive ones and that’s okay for a defenseman , especially one of his age .

Reactions: DieselPig

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

“ • Heiskanen said he was happy with how he played defensively this season. He's not unhappy with his offensive game, but said he wants to create more offensively moving forward.

Miro said he did not suffer any long term effects from Covid-19, said the first couple of games after Covid were tough, but he felt good the rest of the season. “

Think this makes his season kind of disappointing. Maybe that’s setting the bar too high, but was definitely wanting him to drive more offense this year, and without the Covid brain fog excuse it makes the season look worse. He is still very much a work in progress and is super young, so I hope he really steps the offense up a notch next year.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

“ • Heiskanen said he was happy with how he played defensively this season. He's not unhappy with his offensive game, but said he wants to create more offensively moving forward.

Miro said he did not suffer any long term effects from Covid-19, said the first couple of games after Covid were tough, but he felt good the rest of the season. “

Think this makes his season kind of disappointing. Maybe that’s setting the bar too high, but was definitely wanting him to drive more offense this year, and without the Covid brain fog excuse it makes the season look worse. He is still very much a work in progress and is super young, so I hope he really steps the offense up a notch next year.

If the next season is more of the same, at least he's an upgrade of a Lindell placement if nothing else.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ryan Shea also makes the team : o

Don't think Shea was even the best american defenseman on the Texas Stars . I thought Cecconi had a better year. Gleason too.

Guessing Shea in on the team because of name recognition from his college days

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Playing NHL 21 HUT and an 89 overall Pavelski is a better skater than an 89 overall Hintz:sarcasm: learn something new every day. Just barely slower than an 89 Gurianov

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Playing NHL 21 HUT and an 89 overall Pavelski is a better skater than an 89 overall Hintz:sarcasm: learn something new every day. Just barely slower than an 89 Gurianov

Way back in the old days (like, late 90s, maybe early 2000s) the ratings were way more realistic. Now they are afraid of offending anyone or something.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I’m actually stoked to see Robo and Oettinger play some more hockey this season

If it was a normal World Championships I would agree, but look at these rosters.. it's a mix of 4th line NHLers and AHLers mixed with European Pros.. not going to be very high skilled hockey this year.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If it was a normal World Championships I would agree, but look at these rosters.. it's a mix of 4th line NHLers and AHLers mixed with European Pros.. not going to be very high skilled hockey this year.

Ah I watch BCHL all season long. High skilled hockey is not a necessity for me just stoked that the boys get some extra games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig