Speculation: 2020-21 Stars Roster Speculation and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Just know that Jamie Benn has played 19 more games than Radulov and only has 5 more points

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Even not exactly playing well Gurianov has more points than Benn this year ( and last nights goal Benn didn't exactly do anything besides just standing in the correct spot so the Gurianov shot can hit him ). I sincerely hope Benn doesn't get much worse than he his now because the current version is at least still a below average top 6 forward on most nights.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Stars should put in a claim. He's better than some of the guys who fill in the lineup . Also super cheap . No risk here.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's no world where the older Svetchnikov is not an upgrade over Tanner Kero or Justin Dowling when they are put in top 6 roles in the games when Hintz can't go.

In all honesty i do not get why the Wings would waive the guy. He shouldn't be making it to the Stars either to be perfectly honest.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Even not exactly playing well Gurianov has more points than Benn this year ( and last nights goal Benn didn't exactly do anything besides just standing in the correct spot so the Gurianov shot can hit him ). I sincerely hope Benn doesn't get much worse than he his now because the current version is at least still a below average top 6 forward on most nights.
I'm a bit optimistic Benn's numbers will pick up next season when we get away from this compressed schedule. Not expecting a big increase, but I think he needs the days off more than anyone.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I know his salary needs him to be more than this, but i think Benn is playing his best hockey when hes on a checking line with Faksa.

The goal was lucky last night, but that lines forecheck all night was impactful.

To get the best hockey out of Jamie in coming years. I think the best we would get is a 30-35 pt winger on our checking line. Given his sal is so high i know that not economical for that role, but its where we would get the most from him.

Checking line winger on the boards for the 2nd powerplay unit..might get him another 10pts and keep him a 40pt winger

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I know his salary needs him to be more than this, but i think Benn is playing his best hockey when hes on a checking line with Faksa.

The goal was lucky last night, but that lines forecheck all night was impactful.

To get the best hockey out of Jamie in coming years. I think the best we would get is a 30-35 pt winger on our checking line. Given his sal is so high i know that not economical for that role, but its where we would get the most from him.

Checking line winger on the boards for the 2nd powerplay unit..might get him another 10pts and keep him a 40pt winger
I also think Benn plays his best when hes on more of a checking role and playing physical, but i also feel like his lines tend to get hemmed into their own zone a lot. I'd have to look into some numbers and see if im just making that up in my head

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
I also think Benn plays his best when hes on more of a checking role and playing physical, but i also feel like his lines tend to get hemmed into their own zone a lot. I'd have to look into some numbers and see if im just making that up in my head

Well there's at least two stupid heads with the same notion. It almost feels like if there's a counter attack and the opponent gets the cycle going his battery runs dry.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008

Yeah. Benn is at his best when the other team hits him early or pisses him off. He plays with a jump in his step and you can tell when he's fired up. I actually like when the other team goes at him because he plays better. The other night against Nashville he had a nice game and I think a lot of it had to do with the physical play and Nashville running their mouth between whistles.

If Benn could play Nashville, St Louis, and Vegas all the time he would do better because he seems to get pissed against those teams.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Didn't Dobby already have COVID too?

At some point last year in Russia after the season was over . With all the new variants out there there's a chance he could've gotten it again. Maybe he hasn't . We'll see

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
:popcorn:these analytics people my God. Not including goalies and J. Robertson still does not crack the top 5. FanDuel doesn't even mention him as having a shot at the Calder like yikes. 16 players mentioned but not him

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
:popcorn:these analytics people my God. Not including goalies and J. Robertson still does not crack the top 5. FanDuel doesn't even mention him as having a shot at the Calder like yikes. 16 players mentioned but not him

Lmfao

Reactions: Johno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad