Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Info

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
If a skill guy like that isn’t close in a year or two he’s likely to go back to Europe and make more money. There aren’t higher expectations this year but after that I’d think they want to see something by next year. Three years from now is a real stretch, no real forward prospect gets that unless they were always going to be a fourth liner at best.

He’s only 21 and already 21 at the same time. The former only works for a little bit.

I normally would agree with you, however, the fact that Carolina is a deep team with a deep farm allows for slower development of skill prospects. I wouldn't be super-shocked if Bokk takes the Gustav Nyqvist path to the NHL, where he's truly ready around age-24 with some coffee cups in between. Carolina's one of those clubs that has the luxury to be patient.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I think Rees will be on the roster next year because of his strong 2 way play. I think we’ll end up with hard decisions on Jarvis and Suzuki but they will be the last cuts.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Rod likely won’t want Jarvis until he can compete for a top six spot, or play like a third liner. I agree Rees will be battling for a role spot the next chance he gets. Vets Rod is loyal to will be his only real obstacle.

I have no idea what to think of Suzuki. I presume the same but if the eye thing is a detriment he’ll have to learn how to be a checker regardless if he wants to make it. I think Jarvis is much less a perimeter player by nature so I think he has a leg up.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I think it more likely Drury will be competing for a spot, assuming he signs, over Rees or Jarvis, but you never know. Drury seems like he’d more easily fit on either J Staal’s wing or at 4C.

I do really like what I’ve seen so far from Rees and do agree he’ll probably break into the league earlier than Jarvis.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I think it more likely Drury will be competing for a spot, assuming he signs, over Rees or Jarvis, but you never know. Drury seems like he’d more easily fit on either J Staal’s wing or at 4C.

I do really like what I’ve seen so far from Rees and do agree he’ll probably break into the league earlier than Jarvis.
Dzingle, Martinook, and McGinn are all UFAs after the season. IMO it's fairly likely that we'll have 2 roster spots open to fill those holes (one of Marty or Brock is sticking around IMO) so their main competition will likely be Lorentz and Drury. I can see one of the two making the roster to start next season.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Dzingle, Martinook, and McGinn are all UFAs after the season. IMO it's fairly likely that we'll have 2 roster spots open to fill those holes (one of Marty or Brock is sticking around IMO) so their main competition will likely be Lorentz and Drury. I can see one of the two making the roster to start next season.

There's an outside shot, I think, of Brock or Dzingel being dealt at the deadline (IMO Brock, as Dzingel has offensive value as an own-rental that Lorentz or Geekie don't yet provide) if they think that Lorentz and Geekie are ready to step into crucial 3rd and 4th-line defensive minutes in the postseason. IMO, Martinook will get the Nick Cousins deal from us, 2x1.5M.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

It’s a tough call, we pretty desperately need someone who plays like Rees does and for the moment we have Geekie in that fourth line spot. As smart as Drury is it would be hard not give the edge to Rees if he’s going to drive the net all night. He likely makes a better winger than Drury, who will presumably make a better center than Rees. They seem to love Drury though, and that matters.

Will be fun to watch it all play out.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
It’s a tough call, we pretty desperately need someone who plays like Rees does and for the moment we have Geekie in that fourth line spot. As smart as Drury is it would be hard not give the edge to Rees if he’s going to drive the net all night. He likely makes a better winger than Drury, who will presumably make a better center than Rees. They seem to love Drury though, and that matters.

Will be fun to watch it all play out.

The trade deadline will be interesting to see. I wonder (with the possible emergence of Rees and Drury) if Foegele and/or Geekie + gets dangled if there's either some really good top-6 forward with term that's available a la Trocheck or (finally?) a #1 goalie with term that someone is willing to deal.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The trade deadline will be interesting to see. I wonder (with the possible emergence of Rees and Drury) if Foegele and/or Geekie + gets dangled if there's either some really good top-6 forward with term that's available a la Trocheck or (finally?) a #1 goalie with term that someone is willing to deal.
You’d think it would take more than Foegele or Geekie, but it’s a nice thought. I don’t think either of those two are going anywhere for awhile. Martinook I can see moving on after this contract.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
You’d think it would take more than Foegele or Geekie, but it’s a nice thought. I don’t think either of those two are going anywhere for awhile. Martinook I can see moving on after this contract.

I was thinking of Foegele and Geekie plus guys like Cotton/Mattheos to basically form an extremely souped-up Trocheck package that you can send to young player-needy clubs like either Nashville or Arizona for guys with term. Perhaps Nashville acknowledges a need to rebuild and is willing to deal a guy like Jarnkrok or Arvidsson. A package like that could be quite enticing for them. Maybe Armstrong wants to get a fresh start from the Chayka days and is willing to deal someone like Schmaltz or Keller (Keller would obviously require a 1st round pick on top of said package due to his age and 7 years remaining).

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Lafontaine is on a slide and struggled this past week.

No 2 Minnesota played No 11 Wisconsin and was swept. Lafontaine stopped 25 of 29 in a 4-1 game one loss.

Lafontaine stopped 4 of 11 and was pulled 11 seconds into the 2nd period of the 2nd game, 8-1 loss.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

No 2 Minnesota played No 11 Wisconsin and was swept. Lafontaine stopped 25 of 29 in a 4-1 game one loss.

Lafontaine stopped 4 of 11 and was pulled 11 seconds into the 2nd period of the 2nd game, 8-1 loss.

Help us Alex Nedeljkovic, you're our only hope.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

No longer an exciting prospect...kill him/launch him into the Sun!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad