Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Info

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The somewhat forgotten D prospect:

He’s having a good year in basically a top pair role in the SHL this year. I wonder if he’s still in the plans or if he’s trade fodder.

If Kuemper's on the market (which I highly doubt because of Arizona's revoked first), maybe Sellgren is one of the pieces that they dangle? An interesting possible goaltending option that people haven't been talking about in trade talks is Bishop and Khudobin. If Dallas falls out of the playoff race, maybe they consider dealing one of the two to us?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If Kuemper's on the market (which I highly doubt because of Arizona's revoked first), maybe Sellgren is one of the pieces that they dangle? An interesting possible goaltending option that people haven't been talking about in trade talks is Bishop and Khudobin. If Dallas falls out of the playoff race, maybe they consider dealing one of the two to us?
I think Arizona would care less if they got a first out of the deal

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
IDK about that. If I were the Coyotes, my priority would be to make those revoked picks as low as possible. Then when you actually have a pick to play around, then maybe think about selling your prize piece.
Choosing saving face over what is best for the organization is always the best policy for building a winner.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Choosing saving face over what is best for the organization is always the best policy for building a winner.

Personally, I think that both are one and the same, especially since Kuemper could very well be a piece to build on, not just some expendable part. I'm personally not a big fan of the tear-it-all-down approach to team-building. More Buffalos and Edmontons exist than Chicagos out there, and there have also been several clubs like St. Louis and Washington that occasionally re-tooled their way to Cups. To me, most champions were built because scouting departments were able to find talent in the trade market and the lower rounds of the draft, not because of a couple of lottery balls. The NHL isn't the NBA, and even superstars can't physically play 40+ minutes a night.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Kuemper may not want to be a piece to build on. He’s a UFA after next season and will be 32 years old. I don’t know him well enough to know his motivation, but I suspect there’s a decent chance he doesn’t give AZ a choice.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Kuemper may not want to be a piece to build on. He’s a UFA after next season and will be 32 years old. I don’t know him well enough to know his motivation, but I suspect there’s a decent chance he doesn’t give AZ a choice.

Not to mention, not a lot of teams build on a 32 year old goalie.

And regarding Sellgren....I believe he's clearly in the team's plans. He's proven to be a very solid player in one of the best leagues in the world. He' not essentially a top pairing guy, he's a top pairing guy averaging over 20 minutes a night. He'll likely never be a top pairing guy, but he looks like he'd be a #4-#5 at his peak. We're going to have cap issues if we want to stay a contender, so you'll have to have these ELCs to balance that....all of that said, I'd say he's actually got some value as an asset in trade too.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Sellgren played 20 minutes in a 4-0 beating by Rogel. no minuses so that is good
Gunler played about 13 minutes in a 2-1 OT loss

Makiniemi stopped 35 of 36 in a 2-1 win of Tieksola's Karpat team. Tieksola played 17 minutes.

Honka had an assist but was -2 in 19 minutes during a 5-4 loss to HiPK. Puistola was -1 in 13 minutes of play

Killinen was -1 in almost 17 minutes.

Lafontaine stopped 19 of 21 in a 4-2 win over Sparty last night.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Sellgren played 20 minutes in a 4-0 beating by Rogel. no minuses so that is good
Gunler played about 13 minutes in a 2-1 OT loss

Makiniemi stopped 35 of 36 in a 2-1 win of Tieksola's Karpat team. Tieksola played 17 minutes.

Honka had an assist but was -2 in 19 minutes during a 5-4 loss to HiPK. Puistola was -1 in 13 minutes of play

Killinen was -1 in almost 17 minutes.

Lafontaine stopped 19 of 21 in a 4-2 in over Sparty last night.
I feel inadequate for having to read this stuff from an American discussion forum. Killinen's Assat plays in this sorry excuse of a town I'm living in.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Yes. Wii games. Craft projects. Bingo. Poker. Uno. D&D. Floor Hockey. Balloon volleyball. Golf. Et cetera.
Any good chair aerobics, memory games, or physical outings (aka laps around the building)?

I enjoyed the youth with disabilities more than the times with seniors

Reactions: WreckingCrew

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Technically.

I'm a Recreational Therapist; I get paid to play games with OPG*. I really can't believe this is actually a career.

*- Other People's Grandma/Grandpa.

71412179.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad