Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I hope letting Lewis walk doesn’t mean the Kings are going to rush some younger players. All the prospects need at least 2 seasons in the AHL. JAD is the only legit forward prospect that has played one full AHL season and he looks like he could use another.

The only forwards that should given a look at Grunstrom and Luff.

Reactions: Vino

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Re-posting Reapers line up but taking Bjornfot out. Think the Kings make another move at that spot.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Frk-Vilardi-Grundstrom
Kempe-Lizotte-Wagner
Moore-Amadio/JAD-Luff

UFA/trade-Doughty
Anderson-Walker
MacDermid-Roy
Clague

Quick
Peterson

Reactions: Reaper45

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I don't think Grunstrom is waiver eligible anymore, so this is it. He's either going to make the lineup or get waived.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Lewis was an unsung hero for us for most his career. Did all the little things right. Didn’t score a ton of goals but scored some big goals at big times

I thank him for what he did to help us to the cups but the writing is on the wall. There are cheaper younger and more skilled options to replace him. We still have leader ship by the spades tied up in our bigger contract players such as Kopitar and Brown and have a boatload of prospects with leadership qualities written all over them.

A playoff contender that needs a little bit of leader ship in the room and someone to lead by example would be smart in picking him up for their bottom line. He’s getting older in age and has lost a step due to injuries but can still contribute if used properly

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
We'll never know since almost no one reports on the Kings.

At least there's nothing to really report on with the Kings lately, even if there were people to report on them. Irrelevant on the ice and in the standings, and fairly boring with player transactions.

Don't forget that Brown is terrible and the only reason we still play him is because we are the dirtiest team in the division

I miss the days when they might've even been true.

Change isn't always good.

I hope letting Lewis walk doesn’t mean the Kings are going to rush some younger players. All the prospects need at least 2 seasons in the AHL. JAD is the only legit forward prospect that has played one full AHL season and he looks like he could use another.

The only forwards that should given a look at Grunstrom and Luff.

They have more than enough warm bodies as it is, and there's always another Trevor Lewis on the free agent market, if you want to add a new throwaway vet just for the sake of adding a throwaway vet.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lewis was an unsung hero for us for most his career. Did all the little things right. Didn’t score a ton of goals but scored some big goals at big times

I thank him for what he did to help us to the cups but the writing is on the wall. There are cheaper younger and more skilled options to replace him. We still have leader ship by the spades tied up in our bigger contract players such as Kopitar and Brown and have a boatload of prospects with leadership qualities written all over them.

A playoff contender that needs a little bit of leader ship in the room and someone to lead by example would be smart in picking him up for their bottom line. He’s getting older in age and has lost a step due to injuries but can still contribute if used properly

Reportedly Washington was interested before, we'll see if he lands somewhere like that.

But he'll be perfect for a large number of teams who have far less success with their bottom six than we have.

Reactions: yankeeking

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I've defended Lewis on here a ton of times, but he actually might not find a home. Couldn't give him away at the trade deadline.

If he has a next stop, it will probably be similar to an Ethan Moreau/Trent Hunter with the Kings experience. Or Stoll after he left?

Reactions: Telos and Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I've defended Lewis on here a ton of times, but he actually might not find a home. Couldn't give him away at the trade deadline.

If he has a next stop, it will probably be similar to an Ethan Moreau/Trent Hunter with the Kings experience. Or Stoll after he left?
Yeah I'm of the same opinion.

Reactions: BigKing

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Lewis might want to sign overseas while the NHL is on pause. If he still wants to play in the NHL, he’ll be better off not sitting around.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
12 seasons with the Kings, and two Stanley Cups, that's a pretty solid run.

The most surprising thing to me is how Lewis actually ranks 10th all-time in games by a King. I don't know if that's a reflection of how durable Lewis is or how unstable this team has been throughout its history that Trevor Lewis ranks that highly in games played.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Among all 58 17th overall picks in NHL history, Lewis ranks the following:

14th in Games Played
19th in Goals
24th in Points

Sure, he didn't rise up to other 17th overall picks like Parise, Allison, or Clarke, but I'd sure as hell take him over most of the names on this list. Thanks for everything, Trevor.

NHL Players selected at the 17th draft position at hockeydb.com

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Yeah he contributed everywhere and is just an incredibly solid human being. Smart, humble, never bitched about his role. He was a big part of those cup teams, came up big in some moments and was always effective. One of the reasons we steamrolled in 11-12 was the penalty kill in the playoffs, over 92%. Lewis was a key player in that. I'm close to 100% that he'll be back in some capacity in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad