Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Kind of a funny/interesting story about Bruce McNall and him going to prison and wanting to bring his things with him.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Shayne Gostisbehere... thoughts? Would he be worth trading for, seeing how the Flyers have cap problems and are look to free some up.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Shayne Gostisbehere... thoughts? Would he be worth trading for, seeing how the Flyers have cap problems and are look to free some up.

They'd have good info on him given that Hextall is on staff, but Gostisbehere has had some struggles after having an explosive season offensively a couple of years ago. He's now 27 with three years remaining at $4.5M.

I would think they might have interest in a young, mobile defenseman like Kale Clague and probably an additional draft pick/prospect. Is it worth trading for him, or should they sign a 29-year-old Brendan Dillon to a four-year contract without giving up assets?

Part of me wants to wait to see what Kale Clague is cracked out to be in the NHL, and I also have high hopes for Mikey Anderson, Tobias Bjornfot and few other defense prospects who could be full timers over the next few seasons.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That’s kinda harsh isn’t it? If they practice real hard, they might win shit. Not sure what they will do with it, but they could win that.

Totally agree. This trophy is easily winnable!
poop-trophy.jpg

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If Ghost didn't have that high a contract AAV, I would entertain the idea of a reclamation project. But it's simply too much for a flat cap covid economy.

All indications are that the kings will have an internal cap for the next few years. So that means every dollar spent on a non-productive Ghost is another dollar the Kings can't spend later. Later is when it really matters with all the RFAs and any UFA the kings want to sign.

The Kings have the time to see what Clague can do. I don't want to give up on him too early like Cernak.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Jeff Carter update in the latest Athletic article:
Carter, who was injured in February shortly before the trade deadline, had hip surgery in June and his rehabilitation is said to be on track. The long pause could end up benefitting him more than almost anyone else and a move from center to wing could enhance his productivity.

“Carter is healing well,” Blake said. “Just recently started skating on his own — we will continue to monitor him.”

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Random question, how many people watch the Kings on tv per game, 10k, more?
I was able to find in 2017-18 the average rating was 0.54
There are 5,145,350 TV households in Los Angeles Metro

If we multiply 0.54 x 5,145,350 we get 27,784.89
so close to triple your guess (assuming that I did that right)

Last edited:

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
^^ Interesting stats. I wonder what the average was on FSN for other teams like Lakers, Clippers, and Ducks?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

NHL players can begin voluntary offseason workouts in their respective clubs’ home cities in advance of the 2020-21 season starting on Oct. 15 as health regulations permit in those cities, the league announced on Thursday. However, the league didn’t establish dates for the start of training camp or the start of next season.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If Ghost didn't have that high a contract AAV, I would entertain the idea of a reclamation project. But it's simply too much for a flat cap covid economy.

All indications are that the kings will have an internal cap for the next few years. So that means every dollar spent on a non-productive Ghost is another dollar the Kings can't spend later. Later is when it really matters with all the RFAs and any UFA the kings want to sign.

Gostisbehere had a frontloaded contract so he's only due 3.25 mil in real cash for the each of the next three seasons. That might be attractive to teams who care more about the actual salary rather than the 4.5 mil cap hit. Now that they somehow unloaded Michael Matheson, I'd be curious if Gostisbehere's de facto hometown team might be interested in his services.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

The Kings have the time to see what Clague can do. I don't want to give up on him too early like Cernak.

A lot of team are going to be pinching pennies for the next few seasons. It's hard to believe the Ducks are a capped out team, and have always worked with an internal cap. $470,000 in cap space left, and they still need a back up goalie.

Token

May 15, 2019
it hasn't been talked about but I wonder how many King players opt out of next season.
I’d guess Carter is a candidate due to where he is and the massive escrow and deferred payments.

Another candidate is Brown with a bunch of kids, but his back-dive isn’t so severe.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If he doesn’t sign back in Boston, how about a couple of years of Chara?

I don’t think it’s remotely likely but he’d be ideal adding Leadership, grit and experience...

Reactions: Haik

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
A lot of team are going to be pinching pennies for the next few seasons. It's hard to believe the Ducks are a capped out team, and have always worked with an internal cap. $470,000 in cap space left, and they still need a back up goalie.

Miller, Irwin and Del Zotto walkings saves them space or is that included in the capfriendly calculations..?

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
If he doesn’t sign back in Boston, how about a couple of years of Chara?

I don’t think it’s remotely likely but he’d be ideal adding Leadership, grit and experience...
I think Chara is pretty much done. He’s a physical specimen, but the speed of today’s game is too much for him.
But, what a career!!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
what does this mean exactly? they can start having organized team workouts?
It is probably important for teams who have not played in quite some time to know when players can start getting back on the ice for informal workouts. Players want to workout and skate with other players. At least that's my guess.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
what does this mean exactly? they can start having organized team workouts?

Teams can assume on-ice training with limited capacity of no more than 12 people on the ice at once, and workouts must follow social distancing guidelines, and the players will still have to go through extensive testing before and after using a training facility.

These are also voluntary, as training camp dates have not been established yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad