Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lol, I'm just realizing this is a Kings board thread. Idk how I got here!! Must've clicked something on the home page.

Sure, I think I can stay for beer!

You are far more optomistic about the B's than most of our board. Team is really struggling to score lately. We're gonna need a big, impact player at the deadline to make a serious run. A young scoring winger (preferably RW) with term, which will be costly. I want Sam Reinhart or Anthony Mantha.

Always liked the Kings. Loved the Cup teams, and like the direction the team is going. Excited to see what Byfield brings eventually.

Was gonna say you're in good company, we mostly like the Bruins here, lot of common styles with the Cup teams and the same criticisms from the same people :laugh: Cheers!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Sure, I think I can stay for beer!

You are far more optomistic about the B's than most of our board. Team is really struggling to score lately. We're gonna need a big, impact player at the deadline to make a serious run. A young scoring winger (preferably RW) with term, which will be costly. I want Sam Reinhart or Anthony Mantha.

Always liked the Kings. Loved the Cup teams, and like the direction the team is going. Excited to see what Byfield brings eventually.
You guys are built for the playoffs. You will be fine

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Serious question. If he stays fit and manages to maintain his level of play does JAD enter the Calder race? He certainly should do, but I think being West will prevent him winning it.

Whilst there are sexier players the impact JAD has goes well beyond his scoring (prorated to 50 points in 44 games - it is 64 games, yes?), you have to consider his 2 way game and the balance he brings to the Kings lineup. Surely he’d have to be in consideration... obviously the IF at the start is a big word.

Last edited:
Reactions: lumbergh

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Matt Kiersted is the Top NCAA Free Agent Target
Some of the top NCAA prospects. Wonder if Blake is looking at any? Kinda cool that the top goalie they mention is from Valencia, CA.
According to Hoven they have a slot allocated for a NCAA signing but realise it will be hard. Such players look at our deep prospect pool and realise there are already too many prospects and is therefore fierce competition.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Serious question. If he stays fit and manages to maintain his level of play does JAD enter the Calder race? He certainly should do, but I think being West will prevent him winning it.

Whilst there are sexier players the impact JAD has goes well beyond his scoring (prorated to 50 points in 44 games - it is 64 games, yes?), you have to consider his 2 way game and the balance he brings to the Kings lineup. Surely he’d have to be in consideration... obviously the IF at the start is a big word.
It’s all but Kaprisov’s

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s all but Kaprisov’s
I agree, but I’d like to think he’d be in the conversation... especially as before last night Kaprisov is <ppg.

He’s a way from that anyway as he needs more games played first.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
From other posts here last night, about perhaps Vilardi would be better suited at wing, there were good points about that. The skill and vision are there, but the demands in skating
may not be. Carter is now holding line 2 back, whether anyone wants to admit it or see that. Coasting a lot lately, cannot beat a defender, not so strong on the boards, no real physical
game. The early game 1 to game apx 5, where he looked rejuvenated and had energy and jump, is gone now.

Anderson-Dolan may well have the ability, skating and smarts, to handle 2C. After 7 games, YES, that won't happen and no reason to break up JAD-Grundstrom-Moore,
they are the best line for the Kings right now and on the ice.

I just wondered what Athanisiou JAD Vilardi would look like in a few games. Take a little pressure off Gabe and give him some games at RW. As far as I'm concerned,
pressure would not affect JAD, nor even enter his mind. He seems to be one of those that does not have things like pressure or failure in his vocab. I think he has the goods to back
arise to any challenge.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

No chance, just hasn't played enough. Krill is calder this year

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Was gonna say you're in good company, we mostly like the Bruins here, lot of common styles with the Cup teams and the same criticisms from the same people :laugh: Cheers!
Always wondered what a circa 2012-14 Kings vs Bruins final would have looked like. What a bruising series it would have been.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Barring a MASSIVE surge in his production in this second half of the season, I'd say no. It's a 56-game season this year. For Calder votes, things like two-way play and such really never factor in. It's points or nothing. A goalie can sneak in if they're in the Vezina convo.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
From other posts here last night, about perhaps Vilardi would be better suited at wing, there were good points about that. The skill and vision are there, but the demands in skating
may not be. Carter is now holding line 2 back, whether anyone wants to admit it or see that. Coasting a lot lately, cannot beat a defender, not so strong on the boards, no real physical
game. The early game 1 to game apx 5, where he looked rejuvenated and had energy and jump, is gone now.

Anderson-Dolan may well have the ability, skating and smarts, to handle 2C. After 7 games, YES, that won't happen and no reason to break up JAD-Grundstrom-Moore,
they are the best line for the Kings right now and on the ice.

I just wondered what Athanisiou JAD Vilardi would look like in a few games. Take a little pressure off Gabe and give him some games at RW. As far as I'm concerned,
pressure would not affect JAD, nor even enter his mind. He seems to be one of those that does not have things like pressure or failure in his vocab. I think he has the goods to back
arise to any challenge.
To start, when Brown returns I’d put Kempe with AA and Vilardi, and run a 4th line of Lizzotte and Carter with either Wagner or Luff.

Reactions: LAKings88

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
Does anyone know if the Valencia Express are still a team? We’d play them growing up in SCAHA/CAHA.
They changed their name to the Jr. Flyers. Actually the rink was for sale about 6 months ago and was going to close down, but the city of Santa Clarita bought it, and partnered with the Kings, who now will now manage the rink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad